Walking around Cozumel

pam96753

It depends on what you want to do. Several times we have walked around the port area and had a fun time window shopping, talking to some locals, and seeing the sights. If you want to take a taxi into the main city there is better shopping, more locals, and plenty of food and drink.

Have fun!

Due to unforeseen health issues we will not have extra money for excursions on our Halloween Cruise. Has anyone done Cozumel on foot before? Anything you recommend or not recommend? Thanks!

Which pier will you be docking at?

There are three piers in Cozumel so that will determine what is in the immediate vicinity.

On Carnival, you will most likely be at the Puerta Maya terminal... There's not much within walking distance from there, but it's only about a 10 minute cab ride into San Miguel. There are restaurants and bars and shops to explore.

I'm not sure which pier. We will be on Carnival if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure which pier. We will be on Carnival if that makes a difference.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2016.html

This link gives an indication of which pier your ship will dock at although it us not 100% accurate as piers are always subject to change. The majority of Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya but some of the smaller ones dock directly downtown at Punta Langosta pier.

Let us know where you think you will be docking for further suggestions.

If you dock in Puerta Maya.

http://www.puertamaya.com/

Check the port schedule for your ship.

If you'd prefer to take a taxi downtown and walk along the sea front and the plaza and see the shops or the Museo, as other have suggested, a taxi can get you there relatively cheaply.

Otherwise, you'll be downtown and it's easy walking no taxi ride.

I tried to find the schedule for 2017, but didn't have any luck. They must not have published it yet.

Not yet, but if this is for your Rhapsody cruise you will dock at International Pier barring any unforeseen circumstances.

If you dock in Puerta Maya.

http://www.puertamaya.com/

Check the port schedule for your ship.

If you'd prefer to take a taxi downtown and walk along the sea front and the plaza and see the shops or the Museo, as other have suggested, a taxi can get you there relatively cheaply.

Otherwise, you'll be downtown and it's easy walking no taxi ride.

Thanks for that link. We will be here in October as well. :D

We did a cheap day from Puerta Maya pier once. We brought our own snorkel gear, turned left when you walk to the main road, and snorkeled from the shore. There is also a shopping plaza past the taxi area and across the street. There weren't many deals there, but it was nice to browse.

Our favorite budget place is the Money Bar. It's the cheapest cab fair. They are very friendly and not pushy to buy a lot of things. You can buy a drink and just sit by the ocean. They have a small beach area plus steps that go down to the water where most people go to snorkel.

Paradise beach can be an inexpensive beach day. $3 entrance and fee waived if you buy food. No need to do the water toys either.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I second Paradise beach. They even have a nice pool there that is included with the entrance fee. You will have to take a taxi there though. When we went, we found a couple to split a taxi with there and back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app