Tribute bands on Anthem of the Seas

Hi,

I was wondering if they change up the Tribute bands or use the same ones all the time. If they do change them up, what tribute bands have you seen. Looking forward to this...if it's a band I like [emoji4].

Kathy

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

We saw the Police tribute band on Quantum and Bon Jovi tribute band on the Anthem in April.

On our 12 night cruise in October on the Anthem someone posted the list of headliners and it included Journey, The Beatles and Aerosmith tribute bands.

We've seen U2, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Wanted (Bon Jovi) saw them twice, just as good as Bon Jovi, DSB (Journey) a few times, they were very good and The Beatles.

Anthem also has a great house band that plays in the Music Hall called "Rock the Boat .They are due to be back on board in August and will be playing for 4-5 months, they are very good and play different genres in each set.

If you google theme cruises, you'll find "Rock" tribute bands with dates playing on RCI ships for 2016 and some for 2017 are listed.

"Wanted" will be back on Anthem for the 8/25/16 sailing.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I copied their home page link and CC wouldn't post the link, which is why I had to edit my post. Thanks for your link so others can do their search.

In speaking with some of the Tribute band members on Anthem, they said they don't know their 2017 schedule until some time in July or August.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

• 5 months later...

We saw an Aerosmith tribute band on Quantum they were very good. This past August I really enjoyed the Journey tribute band Resurrection, they really rocked the Music Hall.

We have another Journey band DSB on tap for our upcoming February cruise on Anthem. Glad to see Royal Caribbean is continuing to book these acts as I'd read earlier posts to the contrary.

Jonathan

I'm a total 80s chick! I would love to see a tribute band. Our cruise is the end of September. Is there a way to find out who is playing on a particular cruise?

If you email web_ reservations@rccl.com about a month before your cruise they will email you back with the entertainment lineup.

I just sent my query to webreservations@rccl.com the underscore didn't work from gmail for some reason.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Heard the Journey tribute band on our 1/2/2017 cruise - I am not a Journey fan but we tried to listen to them in Cafe270- volume was so loud that you could not understand the words. They only played 2 nights on the cruise.

We are on Anthem again in July- my husband loves Led Zeplin - hope that tribute band is scheduled.

The ship's band was a good 'cover " band instrumentally. Katrina "makes" the band as lead singer. They had quite a following with the older crowd who liked toi dance.

I just wish parents would keep their children off the dance floor when dance music is scheduled for evening entertainment. Dancers had to be careful to avoid those "racing" around the floor while parents relaxed.