Good Deal ?

LIMPIT

Sailed on the Reflection in the Med a few years back and we absolutely loved Celebrity, my DW wishes to sail with Celebrity again and return to the Caribbean.

I have seen a tempting deal, and wondered if anyone has any thoughts ;

Flights & Transfers from London UK to Miami

Overnight accommodation in Miami

Transfers

12 nights departing 3rd September 17 (Deep Southern Caribbean)

St Thomas

Tortola

Antigua

Barbados

St Lucia

St Maarten

Celebrity Equinox

Classic Drinks Package

$500 OBC per Cabin

Free Wi Fi

Aqua Class Balcony

£1869 per person

Has some of our favourite islands within the itinerary and like the look of dining at Blu.

Only real concern is visiting Caribbean in September with the possibility of disrupted ports and potential storms !

Edited by LIMPIT

We almost always sail in September or October to the Caribbean. Very rarely have we had a problem with hurricanes. Once a hurricane hit Bermuda right after we left, and another time we missed Freeport due to damage by a storm a week or so earlier. It sounds like you have a great deal. We are doing the same cruise in October.

Wonderful itinerary on a beautiful ship.

We sailed in September a few years back...Hurricane Igor was heading our way so our itinerary was "flip-flopped"...St. Maarten one day followed by St. Thomas rather than the other way around, which was how it was scheduled. If they hadn't told us about the incoming storm, we would not have known. No problem!

Enjoy!

Susan

As long as you do not have your heart set on one particular port you will be fine. We have regularly visited the Caribbean at this time of year and had our itinerary 'juggled' on occasions but never had really bad weather at sea although we have had an odd port of call changed.

Have a wonderful cruise!

These deals on the newly announced Equinox Caribbean itineraries for 2016 are very attractive with good price points and all 4 perks included. Jump on it. Cabins are filling fast.

The OP is talking about a cruise on the Reflection not the Equinox.

Read more closely, and I think you'll agree the OP is looking at a new Equinox Caribbean itinerary, while Reflection is still in the Med.

Apologies if it was not clear, it is indeed aboard the Equinox, September 2017.

http://*********************celebrity-equinox/3rd-september-2017_c123789-inside-cabin

Edited by LIMPIT

OP, you may need to check your info, your list in your first post shows an Aqua Class balcony but in post 8 your link suggests an inside cabin. Without flights Celebrity UK are asking £1700 pp for an inside so your deal looks a little too good to be an Aqua Class with flights for just £169 more. By the way the cruise is 11 nights, the first night is the night in the hotel.

Edit..... Found the agent offering that deal and it looks like a great offer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

The fall 2017 deals being offered on the Equinox are really REALLY GOOD! IMHO. We booked the 10 day Nov 6th. We have never booked this far in advance, but just to good to risk not getting the location we wanted.

EW

ps: we have sailed the Equinox the last 2 Novembers 2014/15, and have 8-12 of the same people from those two cruises booked too.

Edited by wallie5446

If we were not cruising that part of the world next January we'd book that deal. Are you able to stay a few days in Miami either end of the cruise and simply pay for your hotel etc?

Hi, the deal includes one night overnight pre-cruise in Miami, but we have not visited Miami before, so yes would like to increase that by at least one more day pre cruise, so we can check out the city and lose the jet lag before we cruise, we have boarded the same day as traveling from the UK a few times and been like zombies for the first few days lol [emoji23]

Don't know if we should book, general feedback on this thread is that we should [emoji3]

Hi, the deal includes one night overnight pre-cruise in Miami, but we have not visited Miami before, so yes would like to increase that by at least one more day pre cruise, so we can check out the city and lose the jet lag before we cruise, we have boarded the same day as traveling from the UK a few times and been like zombies for the first few days lol [emoji23]

Don't know if we should book, general feedback on this thread is that we should [emoji3]

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I love fishing in the Everglades and the Keys, hence the reason why I'd want to extend my stay for a few days if possible etc. :D

I'd agree with others, snap the offer up now. Maybe you should take a look at how many rooms are left on the ship by taking a look on Celebrity's UK website (Don't even think of using the US .com site!!!). That might help you see how many rooms are left etc.

If it looks too good to be true it normally is !

Called my TA to book today, offer has been withdrawn (even though they confirmed it to me by e mail), internal admin error, no flight cost had been calculated ! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Spoke to the Manager, they are going to call me next week with their best offer, not happy, had researched and selected our Aqua Cabin [emoji16]

When I read your first post, I thought what the heck are they waiting for, there is nothing to think about, book it right now as it costs more than that for some us that live here just to sail southern Caribbean, never mind flights and all the extras and Aqua.

Maybe they will come up with something else acceptable.

If it looks too good to be true it normally is !

Called my TA to book today, offer has been withdrawn (even though they confirmed it to me by e mail), internal admin error, no flight cost had been calculated ! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Spoke to the Manager, they are going to call me next week with their best offer, not happy, had researched and selected our Aqua Cabin [emoji16]

Bad luck OP, that's pretty poor of the agent. Knowing which agent was advertising that deal I have to say I've not had great experience of them when making enquiries and a friend booked a deal with them and the agent had terrible knowledge of Celebrity and their booking system. I would not hold out much hope for their 'best deal' being anywhere close to this one. They are advertising the following cruise to this one at over £600 more pp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork