Caribbean Princess TA cabin choices

mzloolue

We have booked Caribbean Princess for a TA on April 6.

We are new to Princess and have never done a TA, although it has bveen on our bucket list for a long time. :)

So, the cabin we currently are assigned is C635, but I am wondering if it is too far forward.

I have been all the way forward several times and in aft cabins several times, but in the Gulf and in the Caribbean.

Including being in the Gulf with Katrina.

According to what I have been reading a TA has the potential of being rougher than I have previously experienced.

We are thinking of moving more midship C622.

What do you all think?

Worth the money to change, or stay put?

We are new to Princess and have never done a TA, although it has bveen on our bucket list for a long time. :)

So, the cabin we currently are assigned is C635, but I am wondering if it is too far forward.

I have been all the way forward several times and in aft cabins several times, but in the Gulf and in the Caribbean.

According to what I have been reading a TA has the potential of being rougher than I have previously experienced.

What do you all think?

You think C-635 may be too far forward but you want to move further forward to C-622?? Am I understanding you correctly? :eek:

Either cabin would be fine IMO. :)

I don't know whether there's a typo here or what, but C635 is not forward, it's near the aft elevators.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

What do you all think?

C635 is a cat. BD balcony cabin on the Caribe Deck. It isn't too far forward, it's aft. It has a 9'x9' balcony, about 2/3 of which is covered. It is an excellent cabin. Being on the Starboard side you will have sun all day when crossing eastbound. We have stayed in cabins in this area and they are very convenient to the aft stairs and elevators. We have not experienced any unusual motion problems being in this area. C622 is the exact same cabin on the port side, shade all the time while crossing, and slightly more forward, about 36 ft. I have also been in cabins in this area. I have not noticed any difference in motion. C635 and C622 are the same cat. cabin, BD, so it shouldn't cost you any additional to switch cabins.

We have done T.A.'s a few times. We have not found the Atlantic to be very rough, but of course, you never know what seas you will experience. One thing about a T.A. is that they are not tropical cruises.

I'm sorry.

It is C239 now and considering C622.

Thanks!

If you are lucky like we have on our TAs, it won't make any difference. You are looking at Carib deck exclusively? On the Caribbean Princess they are larger balconies and command a higher price. Usually, the closer to the center of the ship is best for reduced movement. That kicks the price even higher. Where you want to be depends on priorities, Motion? Price? balcony size(how much will you use the balcony on a TA)?

If you are lucky like we have on our TAs, it won't make any difference. You are looking at Carib deck exclusively? On the Caribbean Princess they are larger balconies and command a higher price. Usually, the closer to the center of the ship is best for reduced movement. That kicks the price even higher. Where you want to be depends on priorities, Motion? Price? balcony size(how much will you use the balcony on a TA)?

We were liking the Caribe balconies because they are large enough for two deck chairs.

I like aft cabins generally and forward is okay too, until I started reading about how rough it can be in the Atlantic in April.

It's really interesting planning a trip on new cruise line.

Different names for everything.

Like learning a new language. :)

I've done 5 TAs--2 solo, 3 with family. The dates have been April and September. We have had totally smooth seas; absolutely beautiful weather each time.

I was in an inside for the solos (yeah, that single supplement is a killer), had balconies for the others. It honestly wouldn't have made a difference where we were on the ship. Go with the info others have provided about the rooms and balconies. That would matter more to me than location forward/mid/aft.

What do you all think?

I would go with C635 - the other cabin is more toward the front of the ship, but not that significantly so.

We've done two TA's, one on the Caribbean Princess. The balcony is really nice, having both shade and open options.

Thanks y'all for the advice.

We decided to go ahead and move to c622.

This is a bucket list trip for us and the thought of spending it barfy made it seem like a good idea.

We've been all the way forward and aft for short cruises in the Caribbean and we often sail during hurricane season and have been okay so far, so hopefully our luck will change.:)

Thanks again!

Edited by mzloolue