Twice Baked Goat Cheese Souffle

islandwoman

Everybody who's attended cooking demos on the Ocean, Pacific and maybe all of the ships in the fleet, has received a couple of recipes. One of them is for "Twice Baked Goat Cheese Souffle. I'd like to try making it, but don't know what a "parmesan silpat mould" is. The directions say, "Place the souffle mix into a piping bag and pipe into pre buttered parmesan silpat mould."

Has anyone made this recipe? Does anyone know what a "parmesan silpat mould" is?

Would you mind sharing the recipe?

:D:D:D

I'd love to hear how this turns out when you make it.

For 8 Servings

1/2 liter milk

8 egg whites

8 egg yolks

200 grams goat cheese

100 grams Parmesan

100 grams Gruyere cheese

120 grams butter

250 grams all-purpose flour

salt and pepper

1/2 liter double cream

1. Place the milk into a heavy bottom sauce pan brings to the boil.

2. Allow the butter to become warm at room temperature add in the butter & flour and beat until a cold roux has formed now called Beurre manier.

3. Whisk in the Beurre manier and beat well over the heat. Allow to cook out to a thick consistency.

4. Add in the egg yolks and beat well alow to cook out.

5. Bring the pan to the side of the stove and add in the cheese, beat until dissolved and season lightly cool down.

6. Whip up the egg whites to a stiff peak and fold through the mixture, ensue to fold through the mixture retaining as much air as possible.

7. Place the souffle mix into a piping bag and pipe into pre buttered parmesan silpat mould. Bake in the oven at 120 degrees C for 25 minutes pour cold water onto the trays prior baking the souffle. The souffle should not rise on the first cooking.

8. Once set remove from the oven and allow standing for a few moments.

9. Turn out of the molds and place into the correct serving dish. Pour over the double cream and add on the grated gruyere cheese. Bake in a moderately high oven for 12-15 minutes.

10. The souffles will have souffled and be golden brown serve immediately.

I'd love to hear how this turns out when you make it.

For 8 Servings

1/2 liter milk

8 egg whites

8 egg yolks

200 grams goat cheese

100 grams Parmesan

100 grams Gruyere cheese

120 grams butter

250 grams all-purpose flour

salt and pepper

1/2 liter double cream

1. Place the milk into a heavy bottom sauce pan brings to the boil.

2. Allow the butter to become warm at room temperature add in the butter & flour and beat until a cold roux has formed now called Beurre manier.

3. Whisk in the Beurre manier and beat well over the heat. Allow to cook out to a thick consistency.

4. Add in the egg yolks and beat well alow to cook out.

5. Bring the pan to the side of the stove and add in the cheese, beat until dissolved and season lightly cool down.

6. Whip up the egg whites to a stiff peak and fold through the mixture, ensue to fold through the mixture retaining as much air as possible.

7. Place the souffle mix into a piping bag and pipe into pre buttered parmesan silpat mould. Bake in the oven at 120 degrees C for 25 minutes pour cold water onto the trays prior baking the souffle. The souffle should not rise on the first cooking.

8. Once set remove from the oven and allow standing for a few moments.

9. Turn out of the molds and place into the correct serving dish. Pour over the double cream and add on the grated gruyere cheese. Bake in a moderately high oven for 12-15 minutes.

10. The souffles will have souffled and be golden brown serve immediately.

Thanks for the recipe. I may get ambitious and try this out. Or just take another cruise and leave the cooking to the ship's galley.

Thanks for the recipe. I may get ambitious and try this out.
I hope you can understand it. I'm having to guess at some of the instructions, as well as some of the supplies. Another challenge is "9. Turn out of the molds and place into the correct serving dish. Pour over the double cream and add on the grated gruyere cheese. Bake in a moderately high oven for 12-15 minutes." I don't think I have any serving dishes that can go into a high oven. And what temperature is "high"? Edited by islandwoman

I would just put them in an oven proof pan like a cake pan/Pyrex type baking dish/casserole and put them in a 375 - 400 F oven. They probably use a metal/pewter plate but most of us don't have those. I would cut the recipe in half the first time in case the measurement/timings are off. Commercial kitchen recipes and techniques don't always translate well to the home cook.

I found this adaptation which cuts the quantities somewhere online several years ago - always meant to try it, but never got around to it.

Goat Cheese Souffle – Princess Cruises

1 pint milk

1 oz baked garlic puree

1/2 lb goat cheese

8 egg yolks

8 egg whites

1/2 pound butter (room temperature)

1/2 lb flour

salt and pepper to taste

1 cup Gruyere cheese for sauce

Butter for molds

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to coat molds

2 cups double cream (can use heavy cream)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375°. Butter six 3/4 cup ramekins and dust with parmesan cheese.

Place the milk into a heavy-bottom sauce pan, bring to a boil, and whisk in the baked garlic. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Mix butter and flour until a roux is formed. Whisk the roux into the milk/garlic and beat well over the heat, allow to cook out to a thick consistency. Add in the egg yolks and beat well, allow to cook out.

Bring the pan to the side of the stove, add in the crumbled goat cheese, beat until dissolved and season lightly. Whip up the egg whites to a stiff peak and fold throughout the mixture retaining as much air as possible.

Place the souffle mix into a piping bag and pipe into pre-buttered parmesan coated ramekin molds. Divide soufflé mixture among ramekins and arrange in a large baking pan just large enough to hold them. Add enough hot water to baking pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake soufflés in middle of oven until slightly puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes, and transfer to a rack.

Let soufflés stand, uncovered, 30 minutes (soufflés will fall slightly).

Lightly butter a baking sheet. Run a thin knife around edges of soufflés. Invert each soufflé onto palm of your hand and carefully put, right side up, onto baking sheet. Soufflés may be made up to this point 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.

Increase oven temperature to 425°F.

In a small saucepan bring cream with remaining teaspoon thyme and salt and pepper to taste to a boil. Remove pan from heat and keep cream warm, covered. Bake soufflés in middle of oven until slightly puffed and heated through, about 5 minutes.

Transfer soufflés to serving plates. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream over each soufflé. Princess serves with a decorative salad.

This is very similar to the earlier one posted, but it looks like some of the measurements have been adapted to more USA terms. I don't know why you'd need to use a pastry bag - it seems like you could simply spoon the batter carefully into the ramekins.

Edited by Kartgv
Left out the egg whites!

Silpat is the brand name for non-stick silicone baking sheets and molds. Other companies make similar products. Easy to find online or at cookware stores.

adding on...

google Silicone cupcake pans. Lots of pictures pop up.