Princess Aruba Island Tour

indexcards

If I remember correctly it stopped at Eagle Beach, but I could be wrong. No natural shade but I think you may have been able to rent chairs and umbrellas from one of the hotels across the road. Aruba is actually a desert island so any trees there are pretty short and scrubby. You are only at the beach for about an hour and you do have the option of going back to the ship instead. If you do go make sure you get a coconut smoothie from the truck at the base of the lighthouse marked Yum-Yum. I would go back to Aruba just for that drink!

You are much better off taking a van or taxi just outside the terminal. You'll see more, it'll cost less and the driver will not only drop you off wherever you like but pick you up later if you want. There's a cheap bus that you can get from the hotel area back to the terminal area.

Thank you for your answers. I'm not interested in spending time on the beach but my daughter does go to Aruba and wanted to know which beach.

I'm taking the princess tour to see the Island and not have to worry about missing the ship if we get lost or something.

Will probably go back to ship without spending time on beach.

Such a short time in port is crazy.

We always try the local beer wherever we go so, of course, we had to try Balashi when in Aruba. I have never seen 8 oz. bottles of beer before. Tiny little things. I bought them for $4.50 each in an open "restaurant" area and for $4.75 each at the beach. Wow.

We didn't have a long port stop in Aruba but had plenty of time to wander around town, find a geocache (:)), and visit the beach so my wife could play in the water. Lots of "blue horses" in town. Of course my wife bought a couple of tee shirts. I told her they looked awfully small despite the size tags and it turns out I was right. She held them up and said she thought they would fit the folks she was buying them for but, once they were washed, they ended up very small indeed.

Does anyone know at which beach the Island Tour concludes. Is there shade?

Not sure which beach your tour stops at, but any shade will be in the form of umbrellas. As pointed out, there are not very many trees that provide shade in Aruba. Our last trip, the tour was just of the lighthouse and dropped us off at Eagle Beach, waited for us and then wild/loud music return to the ship. A couple years earlier I took a tour that included most of the island and stopped at Baby Beach (The opposite side of the island from Eagle Beach). Both tours waited at the beach for us, no option to go back to the ship.

You are much better off taking a van or taxi just outside the terminal. You'll see more, it'll cost less and the driver will not only drop you off wherever you like but pick you up later if you want. There's a cheap bus that you can get from the hotel area back to the terminal area.

This is why Pam is the Best. :)

Tony