the prodigal couple returns! ;)

UPNYGuy

So, DW and I have decided to keep a very open mind, and give HAL another go starting next year! We have one more cruise this year on NCL. Going forward, we decided to "bury the hatchet" and give HAL another go. We have been very happy with the shipboard service with NCL (especially in The Haven), but miss certain things about HAL (more stately designed ships, less gaudy interiors, beverage package includes coffee and bottled water, policies don't randomly change).

We had an 'interesting' cruise on Statendam several years ago to be polite, but it was associated with the age and condition of the vessel. I have finally admitted to myself that I need to take my lumps with that one, as I KNEW it was an older ship when I booked it and did it anyway. So far, we have 3 cruises booked on the Vista and Signature classes (which we are already familiar with).

So we will likely be sailing on NCL and HAL if all goes according to the way I want.

This should be a good homecoming!!

So, DW and I have decided to keep a very open mind, and give HAL another go starting next year! We have one more cruise this year on NCL. Going forward, we decided to "bury the hatchet" and give HAL another go. We have been very happy with the shipboard service with NCL (especially in The Haven), but miss certain things about HAL (more stately designed ships, less gaudy interiors, beverage package includes coffee and bottled water, policies don't randomly change).

We had an 'interesting' cruise on Statendam several years ago to be polite, but it was associated with the age and condition of the vessel. I have finally admitted to myself that I need to take my lumps with that one, as I KNEW it was an older ship when I booked it and did it anyway. So far, we have 3 cruises booked on the Vista and Signature classes (which we are already familiar with).

This should be a good homecoming!!

Welcome home! We also had a bad cruise on the Statendam about 2 years ago, but decided it was due to the ship's age (constant vibrations in a Neptune suite), so we stayed with HAL and are glad we did.

We had a fine cruise on the Statendam - around the Mediterranean. Neptune Suite - no problems. But she is now history. I wonder what the reviews are now for her in her new iteration sailing out of Australia. P&O -Pacific Eden https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Eden

Uh, oh -- member reviews for P&O Pacific Eden: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=980

Wonder how the former Ryndam is now faring too.

Edited by OlsSalt