12 Night British Isles Cruise Caribbean Princess Trip Report w/ Photos

euro_101

Hi

Thanks for pics, did you watch the show in Greenock, what did you think of it,

yours Shogun

Do you mean the troop the cruise ship brings on? We did catch the last half of it. It was early - so we were still getting back from our tour. I enjoyed it. It was interesting to see the bagpipes and dancing. I wouldn't have skipped out on the tour or anything to see it. but worth it if you are back on ship.

Loved all your photos!

Were either of the pools heated? We will be sailing on this ship in a month and hope to be able to swim a bit.

Thanks for taking the effort to post an informative review :)

Thanks so much! I forgot to put that in. Yes the Serenity pool and aft were both heated. The Serenity pool felt warmer though. It also had the benefit of being shielded from the wind. Both were not as hot as the hot tubs though. The Serenity pool was warm enough on its own except when we were sailing up around the north or Scotland....the hot tub came in handy. I also liked to go in the steam room in the changing room....warm up a bit before going out :)

Enjoy your trip!

What a great photographic eye you have - thank you for exceptional shots, each one perfectly framed. The shot of Stonehenge with the barbed wire and flowers in the foreground was a totally different view! We're interested in finding local music wherever we can. You mentioned Fibber McGee's for music - can you elaborate a little? Where is it, how did you get there? Any other music venues you can suggest?

WOW...I am speechless. your ability to capture the perfect angle and actually "frame" a photograph is uncanny perfection. I hope you have submitted some to Princess for a chance to win a free cruise...

there is an old american adage... "a picture is worth a thousand words" in your case its at least a "million".

Bravo. well done.

Best,

Mark

What a great photographic eye you have - thank you for exceptional shots, each one perfectly framed. The shot of Stonehenge with the barbed wire and flowers in the foreground was a totally different view! We're interested in finding local music wherever we can. You mentioned Fibber McGee's for music - can you elaborate a little? Where is it, how did you get there? Any other music venues you can suggest?

Thank you so much.

These are all in Belfast. Fibber Magee is a bar w/in a bar - you just walk through the 1st bar. If you google 'Fibber Magee Balfast' it comes up on google maps.

I am not sure about music, but other bars recommended to us (we did not try) are the Crown Liquor Saloon next door to Fibber Magee's.

Also White's Tavern.

Thanks for the report.

Thanks for reading!

WOW...I am speechless. your ability to capture the perfect angle and actually "frame" a photograph is uncanny perfection. I hope you have submitted some to Princess for a chance to win a free cruise...

there is an old american adage... "a picture is worth a thousand words" in your case its at least a "million".

Bravo. well done.

Best,

Mark

wow what kind words! I appreciate that :)

wow! Looks like an amazing trip. Im on princess.com now looking to book my Europe cruise thanks to this thread. The pictures were absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome! Whatever you pick will be a blast!

We might have been on the same cruise.....July 19-30, but had very different experiences due to different tours. We did all independent tours, except for Dublin dinner show. At Liverpool, we did a Busybus tour of northern Wales-a highlight- though others said they loved Liverpool, which we could have done the last hour, but were pooped.

We agree, it was an exhausting, but wonderful, itinerary!

I was wondering how you found your way around each port. Does Princess hand out maps at the gangway, by any chance? Did you bring guidebooks? Use a gps?

Thanks!

Hi, Princess does hand out maps the eve before - a brochure that lists the highlights and basics about each port, but the map is not usable imo.

I know at Guernsey there were people (I assume from the local tourist office) handing out better maps. But i don't recall seeing this at other ports.

What we used the entire time was offline Google Maps. I saved the sights beforehand on Google Maps, downloaded the offline maps, and since the phone GPS works independent of the data plan it was able to tell us where we were. It worked great! The only con is it can only tell you driving directions, so sometimes you'll have to be mindful of that so you don't walk unnecessarily.

Else I would buy maps beforehand or get to a tourist info office right away.

We might have been on the same cruise.....July 19-30, but had very different experiences due to different tours. We did all independent tours, except for Dublin dinner show. At Liverpool, we did a Busybus tour of northern Wales-a highlight- though others said they loved Liverpool, which we could have done the last hour, but were pooped.

We agree, it was an exhausting, but wonderful, itinerary!

yes! nice!

how was the dinner show?

Wales would have been nice! Liverpool wasn't bad, but I would have take a couple hrs from that port and move it to another.

What we used the entire time was offline Google Maps. I saved the sights beforehand on Google Maps, downloaded the offline maps, and since the phone GPS works independent of the data plan it was able to tell us where we were. It worked great! The only con is it can only tell you driving directions, so sometimes you'll have to be mindful of that so you don't walk unnecessarily.

Nice tip. I will try that one time. Thanks,