Amber Cove cabana question...

MeghanJ

Hello Fellow Cruisers~:)

Just curious if any of you have reserved a cabana in Amber Cove that is on the Carnival excursion site. There is only a slight difference in price, so price is not the issue. My husband thinks the ocean cabana sounds better because it's more secluded, (less people) while I think the poolside cabana sounds great because of the other people that will be in the pool. I think it will be more exciting and more going on. Just wondering if any of you have rented one and the reasons why we should go "ocean" or "pool". If you have an opinion, but haven't rented one, I'd be interested in that too! Thank you!:D (My 84 MIL will be with us, as well as our son and daughter, ages 22 and 17.):D

Hi MeghanJ,

We were on the Conquest back in April and LOVED the ocean cabana in Amber Cove. I wrote a review about it under the Ports of Call-Caribbean-Dominican Republic section. In the review I included a link with pictures. It's my understanding that the physical cabana themselves are identical with Ocean vs Poolside. It's all about the surrounding area of each...if you want peace and quiet, but still close to the pool, the Ocean cabana will be a good fit. If you don't mind loud music, or more of a party atmosphere, the poolside might be the better choice. If any of your group enjoys people watching, poolside is the way to go. In either location, they are wonderful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2351092

We booked a pool cabana, and next time I want the ocean cabana. They look so nice and peaceful. the pool cabana was lovely, but very close to all the noise, music, lively action of the pool.

The ocean cabana's are truly over the ocean, and a bit away from it all. You will still have your own (that services all the ocean cabana's) drink/food person. It just depends on you.

I will get an ocean cabana from now on.

Hi MeghanJ,

We were on the Conquest back in April and LOVED the ocean cabana in Amber Cove. I wrote a review about it under the Ports of Call-Caribbean-Dominican Republic section. In the review I included a link with pictures. It's my understanding that the physical cabana themselves are identical with Ocean vs Poolside. It's all about the surrounding area of each...if you want peace and quiet, but still close to the pool, the Ocean cabana will be a good fit. If you don't mind loud music, or more of a party atmosphere, the poolside might be the better choice. If any of your group enjoys people watching, poolside is the way to go. In either location, they are wonderful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2351092

Thank you for your wonderful review! The pictures were so helpful and your detailed account helped so much! I'm thinking we will go with the ocean cabana, unless someone has more information about the Poolside cabanas. We won't be booking for awhile yet as our trip is not until March 2017.

We visited in December 2015 and it is a beautiful place. We went straight to the pool area and got a great spot under the palms and right on the water. Bar service is abundant to your chair. We walked around and the cabanas are really nice. I personally would not spend money on them as you will want to be in the water, or zip line or rent other water sports. My Mom is 76 and she was just fine. Your choice, but most require walking to them and stairs. They do have a personal bath and hot tub and I think a hammock. A few shops here that are nice too!!

Enjoy this fabulous port!!

We booked a pool cabana, and next time I want the ocean cabana. They look so nice and peaceful. the pool cabana was lovely, but very close to all the noise, music, lively action of the pool.

The ocean cabana's are truly over the ocean, and a bit away from it all. You will still have your own (that services all the ocean cabana's) drink/food person. It just depends on you.

I will get an ocean cabana from now on.

Thank you for your opinion. Pretty sure we will book the ocean cabana unless someone can convince us to go Poolside.

We had a pool cabana back in March and absolutely loved it! We've had cabanas at Mahogany Bay, HMC, and Grand Turk and the pool cabana at Amber Cove was my absolute favorite. It really does depend what type of environment you want. We had the kids with us and loved the access to the pool. I've seen the ocean cabanas and they look almost identical to the pool cabanas. I think your kids (based on their ages) would enjoy the pool environment more but keep in mind you have to climb like 10 steps to get up to the pool cabanas which may be an issue for your MIL? The pool cabanas are a hot commodity and are selling out very quickly. I know people visiting AC next January and they are already sold out for their sailing. Good luck...you really can't go wrong with either! Here is a link to a review of the pool cabana. My pics are at post #30! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313214

Edited by imluvncruzn

We have a poolside booked for October. My reasoning for that location over ocean was to be a little closer to the action for our teens. Also, I read reviews that the ocean water at the cabanas was murky and I have an issue with only swimming in water I can see through. It's a problem [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello Fellow Cruisers~:)

Just curious if any of you have reserved a cabana in Amber Cove that is on the Carnival excursion site. There is only a slight difference in price, so price is not the issue. My husband thinks the ocean cabana sounds better because it's more secluded, (less people) while I think the poolside cabana sounds great because of the other people that will be in the pool. I think it will be more exciting and more going on. Just wondering if any of you have rented one and the reasons why we should go "ocean" or "pool". If you have an opinion, but haven't rented one, I'd be interested in that too! Thank you!:D (My 84 MIL will be with us, as well as our son and daughter, ages 22 and 17.):D

The pool cabanas tend to sell out way in advance and the ocean cabanas do not. That should tell you something.

The pool cabanas tend to sell out way in advance and the ocean cabanas do not. That should tell you something.

Thank you to all of you that took the time to give us your opinions about the cabanas in Amber Cove. We bit the bullet--we went with the ocean side cabana!! Super excited, but I was surprised as my daughter who will be 17 absolutely agreed that the ocean cabana was the way to go. I must be the only party animal in my group as I still think the poolside was the way to go! Oh well! We will have access to the paddle board as well as other fun activities, so I think that is a plus! If I get ambitious, I JUST may make my way to the pool area!

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, gamecockinnc said:

I have read that the minimum age for ziplining is 14 but if we have two 8 year children with us can we still book the ocean cabana even though we know they cannot zipline?

Yes, no one will try to make them zip line!  It is just an amenity they will not use.

Thank you. Considering the age of the boys I wish there was a  pool cabana open but there isn’t. We had to cancel our SB Horizon cruise because I’m going through treatment for breast cancer so I am glad there were 2 ocean cabanas open at least for our July Breeze cruise. I grabbed one. Better than not even though we are still considering the dophin island excursion. But I don’t think the older boys would like the shows etc. and they aren’t being proactive in telling us what they want to do. Therefore I thought a cabana would be better than nothing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by gamecockinnc