MDR late dining without kids?

WeddNcruise

We signed up for the late dining, I believe it starts at 8:15

How long does dinner usually take? I wanted to know if it's possible to drop the kids off at camp ocean before 8:15 and pick them up by 10pm when they close?

Has anyone done that?

Formal night would be nice without the kiddos 😬:D

We signed up for the late dining, I believe it starts at 8:15

How long does dinner usually take? I wanted to know if it's possible to drop the kids off at camp ocean before 8:15 and pick them up by 10pm when they close?

Has anyone done that?

Formal night would be nice without the kiddos 😬:D

Wish I could answer the question but dinner was always and still is the most important part of our family day, especially formal nights!

Wish I could answer the question but dinner was always and still is the most important part of our family day, especially formal nights!

Haha that's nice!

My 2 year old has no appreciation for family dinner. If she has to sit for more than 30 minutes in one place she starts to lose it. 😂

Haha that's nice!

My 2 year old has no appreciation for family dinner. If she has to sit for more than 30 minutes in one place she starts to lose it. [emoji23]

Kudos to you Wedd. Your recognize that your child will not sit thru an extended dinner, so you make other arrangements. There seem to be others with the mindset of "my family, my vacation, if my little snowflake acts up, well everyone else can just deal with it"....Many of us appreciate your awareness and consideration Wedd

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Kudos to you Wedd. Your recognize that your child will not sit thru an extended dinner, so you make other arrangements. There seem to be others with the mindset of "my family, my vacation, if my little snowflake acts up, well everyone else can just deal with it"....Many of us appreciate your awareness and consideration Wedd

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

😂Thanks

Last cruise we took was 5 years ago before we had kids and I remember when some "snowflakes" were allowed free rein and disturb others.

We like to teach our kids to treat others how you'd like to be treated thru example 😉

Those long dinners are too much for most little kids. I'm all for family togetherness, but trying to keep a toddler still that long would just make everyone miserable. Kudos to you for your forethought in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly, not much point in family time if everyone is miserable! I can't wait to enjoy all the other activities with them tho!

Could always have them eat with the other kids on the Lido around 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I read about that! Very cool that they offer that. But I don't think my kids would eat if I wasn't there begging them to take bites of food, lol.

I read about that! Very cool that they offer that. But I don't think my kids would eat if I wasn't there begging them to take bites of food, lol.

My DD eats with camp most nights by her choice. She is normally an exists on air and water kind of kid but does pretty good at camp. I think since they all eat together and she sees all the other kids eating, it helps her actually eat food.

• 5 months later...
How does that work? Do you drop them off at lido, or at the camp?

Do they just flow into activities after, while the grown ups eat?

I think it depends on the ship. On the Valor, we dropped them off at the second level of the lido dining area. They have portable devices that you can sign the kids in with. Then after dinner they all go back to the Camp. They loved it.

The schedule will tell you where to drop them off.