If you love RC and Carnival.. help me pick cruise :)

I am eyeing two southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan at the end of March or April. Prices are great right now and we could fly directly from Florida. Prices are about the same for each cruise.

Jewel of the Seas- St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados (4 new ports for us)

Carnival Fascination- St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados (3 new ports for us)

We will have our 2.5 and 5 year old with us. They do very well cruising. I lean towards Carnival because I like that they can go to Camp Ocean together. I also prefer Carnival's food and the fact that they have a comedy club. HOWEVER, I prefer the itinerary for the Jewel and the fact that it's probably a nicer ship than the Fascination. I'm really torn... Any advice would be great!

I am eyeing two southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan at the end of March or April. Prices are great right now and we could fly directly from Florida. Prices are about the same for each cruise.

Jewel of the Seas- St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados (4 new ports for us)

Carnival Fascination- St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados (3 new ports for us)

We will have our 2.5 and 5 year old with us. They do very well cruising. I lean towards Carnival because I like that they can go to Camp Ocean together. I also prefer Carnival's food and the fact that they have a comedy club. HOWEVER, I prefer the itinerary for the Jewel and the fact that it's probably a nicer ship than the Fascination. I'm really torn... Any advice would be great!

I agree with you on carnivals food is better but I'd go on the jewel. Honestly if you can manage, try to go on the adventure which cruises out of San Juan as well. It's getting a dry dock in October. I know some people love them but the really small ships have almost nothing to do besides eat and drink.

I agree with you on carnivals food is better but I'd go on the jewel. Honestly if you can manage, try to go on the adventure which cruises out of San Juan as well. It's getting a dry dock in October. I know some people love them but the really small ships have almost nothing to do besides eat and drink.

What is the Adventure getting?

Jewel of the Seas- St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados (4 new ports for us)!

We r booked on this same itinerary, roughly between 8AM and 5PM 5 days out of 6 you're not on the ship, and then I imagine the kids go with you.

Right now the AOS is getting less favorable reviews (77%) than Jewel (81%) :)

Jewel, jewel, jewel! Royal has great kids programs and the itin is awesome!

But I agree, Adventure is bigger so has more to offer with the ice skating rink, the new refurbishments, etc. We have done Adventure the last 2 years in a row and have loved it.

Edited by karena1

We've cruised both lines with our children and have been very pleased with both kids' programs. Our children enjoy them both.

With the ages you give for your children at time of cruising (2.5 and 5), I would choose Carnival if you plan to use the kids' programs. Royal Caribbean's Adventure Ocean youth program doesn't start until the age of 3 so your 2.5 yr old wouldn't be able to go. I can't imagine that either child would be happy for one to get to stay with mom and dad and one to get to go to the kids' club.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=family_kids&pagenameMain=main_family&discriminators=2

Our children are older, so I'm not sure if all Royal Caribbean ships offer the Royal Babies and Tots (no charge hosted play at specifically scheduled times, but a parent must accompany the child) and the Babies and Tots Nursery program (hourly paid babysitting service), but those would be the only programs available to the 2.5 yr old if they are available on the Jewel.

We've cruised both lines with our children and have been very pleased with both kids' programs. Our children enjoy them both.

With the ages you give for your children at time of cruising (2.5 and 5), I would choose Carnival if you plan to use the kids' programs. Royal Caribbean's Adventure Ocean youth program doesn't start until the age of 3 so your 2.5 yr old wouldn't be able to go. I can't imagine that either child would be happy for one to get to stay with mom and dad and one to get to go to the kids' club.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=family_kids&pagenameMain=main_family&discriminators=2

Our children are older, so I'm not sure if all Royal Caribbean ships offer the Royal Babies and Tots (no charge hosted play at specifically scheduled times, but a parent must accompany the child) and the Babies and Tots Nursery program (hourly paid babysitting service), but those would be the only programs available to the 2.5 yr old if they are available on the Jewel.

That's why I was mostly leaning towards Carnival but I'm not sure how much they would use the kids club considering we only have one port day. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jewel, jewel, jewel! Royal has great kids programs and the itin is awesome!

But I agree, Adventure is bigger so has more to offer with the ice skating rink, the new refurbishments, etc. We have done Adventure the last 2 years in a row and have loved it.

The only slight problem with the Adventure is I'm not sure if we could fly in the day before she leaves.

I've cruised both with kids 2 and younger- I'd go with the one where you have more on the ship. For us itineraries don't matter as much cuz we are limited to the excursions we can do. We aren't comfortable taking our littlest on snorkeling excursions and such. My daughter loved carnival more than Royal- as did we now that we have kids

The only slight problem with the Adventure is I'm not sure if we could fly in the day before she leaves.

Ship sails in the evening. Could you take a morning flight to San Juan? The first available morning flight gives you some cushion in case there are delays.

I agree on these factors.