can you release a courtesy hold to yourself?

luckyinpa

i have a room booked but based on tomorrows new promo i may want to book a haven room. can i do a courtesy hold on it then release it to myself? i never did a hold and unsure what to expect

i did put a hold on it on my account. it says will stay mine until the end of today... since i put no money down there's not a cancel fee is there? i didnt wanna risk losing the room but if the price goes up a lot tomorrow i wont book it

is this why i would see rooms disappear and then reappear? i've watched rooms every single day for months now.

Edited by luckyinpa

yes this room is not what i originally booked and had to downgrade from but it's a few doors down. i have not researched what is across from it or the thread count of the carpet in the hall outside of it :) but after analysis if the room prices stay constant, the free gratuity tomorrow just makes it that much more irresistible

then i can start to plan what to do in bermuda. if there's anything there, that is :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "releasing the courtesy hold to yourself". You've apparently already created it, and it's already yours. You can either confirm it before it expires tomorrow (by paying the deposit), or you can cancel it (no penalty). Or do nothing and just let it expire, it will silently disappear from your account.

And yes, this is one big reason why you see rooms disappear and reappear if you've been monitoring the inventory.

Edit: Oh wait, I understand what you were saying. You don't actually want this booking, you want to rebook the same room tomorrow under the new promo. You can do that yourself by canceling the hold and waiting for the room to reappear (usually happens pretty quickly, but then anyone else can book it, too). You can try calling NCL and explaining to them what you want to do, but I think they will basically do the same thing.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

i realized what i said was silly but you guys figured it out. i just didnt wanna lose the room as this decision process has been torture for me as some of you have seen

just realized id have to increase my insurance again to get fully covered. that will be fun

CONFIRMED!!! i have it recorded all the perks today are free and the online account shows the perks added and under service charges it says not available where 217 would be

they are very slow with the computers and i havent gotten email yet but since my account was updated and i have screenshots and all calls are recorded i feel confident my choices are permanent.

releasing the room and booking under my old reservation number took them a few minutes but they did it.

CONFIRMED!!! i have it recorded all the perks today are free and the online account shows the perks added and under service charges it says not available where 217 would be

they are very slow with the computers and i havent gotten email yet but since my account was updated and i have screenshots and all calls are recorded i feel confident my choices are permanent.

releasing the room and booking under my old reservation number took them a few minutes but they did it.

Hooray!

minor quibble..2 hours later and no emails. but online account even more clearly shows free service charges

also he told me the 24 SDP i paid a month ago was taken into account in the billing but i dont see that online. i should get that service charge back i believe

Smart of you to do that. There will be no denying after. Congrats.