Free drink package

MR TIME

ENDLESS DRINK PACKAGE

I'D book a cruise on Carnival if I could get the free drink package. Is there a time of the year this usually is offered or is it just hit or miss?

Nothing in life is free. I can promise you that if they offered a "free" drink package, you would pay most, if not all, of the cost of it with a higher cruise rate. To answer your question, Carnival has never offered a free drink package - yet. But if/when they do, expect to pay a higher cruise rate than people who don't get it.

ENDLESS DRINK PACKAGE

I'D book a cruise on Carnival if I could get the free drink package. Is there a time of the year this usually is offered or is it just hit or miss?

I just booked with Princess and a free drink package was included, I took the 300.00 OBC because we do not drink. The room I booked is the same price we have with Carnival for our next cruise.

I just booked with Princess and a free drink package was included, I took the 300.00 OBC because we do not drink. The room I booked is the same price we have with Carnival for our next cruise.

Might just go ahead and book the Regal Princess if they give away the drinks. I love that ship.

Thanks

Mike

Any of the cruise lines that have a "free" drink promo are somehow factoring that into the rate. Go to Celebrity for example and do a mock booking with the Better promo and then without. Then add the cost of the drinks package to the second booking. You'll likely find they are very close. You will save a bit on the one with free drinks but believe me - they aren't all free.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nothing in life is free. I can promise you that if they offered a "free" drink package, you would pay most, if not all, of the cost of it with a higher cruise rate. To answer your question, Carnival has never offered a free drink package - yet. But if/when they do, expect to pay a higher cruise rate than people who don't get it.

So true.

We have friends who love NCL. When they booked, they chose the free drink package. Bargain, right? Not so fast. They still paid almost $300 in taxes for the free drinks. No way do we drink $300 worth of alcohol in a week.

So true.

We have friends who love NCL. When they booked, they chose the free drink package. Bargain, right? Not so fast. They still paid almost $300 in taxes for the free drinks. No way do we drink $300 worth of alcohol in a week.

That's why I took the $300 OBC

So true.

With current NCL drink prices, that's 25-30 alcohol drinks/glasses of wine (about 40 beers). Between 2 people over 7 days, that's 2 drinks (or 3 beers) per person per day to "break even". A majority of cruisers will easily eclipse that. There's a reason why Carnival caps their drink package at 15 per day, because its that common :-)

Its nice that they give the option - those who won't take advantage of it can avoid the "service charge" on the package (essentially the 18% gratuity on the retail cost of the package), and those who will get a good deal on it.