Deck 14 on allure

maggieq

My guests had Deck 14 in central park. There is definitely noise during the day from the pool deck but I didn't think it was that bad at all. If you like to sit out during the day and want it very quiet, then you may prefer a lower deck. If you don't mind a little background noise, then total non-issue.

Deck 14 isn't always bad. I have had deck 14 cabins forward on the ship and never had noise problems. I liked the convenience to the pool deck. The cabin you are looking at is below the H2O zone. That could be an issue during the day. The good thing is they shut that down early so it shouldn't be an issue late night.

Deck 14 isn't always bad. I have had deck 14 cabins forward on the ship and never had noise problems. I liked the convenience to the pool deck. The cabin you are looking at is below the H2O zone. That could be an issue during the day. The good thing is they shut that down early so it shouldn't be an issue late night.

That's what we are thinking as we are out most of the day. However we might be taking our naps by the pool.

Thanks everyone!

Although I have never had a problem with ocean balcony rooms on deck 14, I would never book a boardwalk or central park room on deck 14. I've never heard drunks fighting. Really? Enough late night drunk fights to ruin a cruise?

We have been on both the Allure and Oasis on deck 14. Deck 15 is the sports deck and thus prone to noise. That being said, the location of the cabin is important since some are always quiet ( ie under the wipe out cafe) and some always noisy ( ie under/near a pool/spa with motor noise). Your cabin 16636 is extremity close to being under the beach pool and the pool motors constantly run and are not very quiet. If you have the chance, I suggest you move.

We have been on both the Allure and Oasis on deck 14. Deck 15 is the sports deck and thus prone to noise. That being said, the location of the cabin is important since some are always quiet ( ie under the wipe out cafe) and some always noisy ( ie under/near a pool/spa with motor noise). Your cabin 16636 is extremity close to being under the beach pool and the pool motors constantly run and are not very quiet. If you have the chance, I suggest you move.

This is the best advice! We had a regular balcony on deck 14 on the Allure and heard nothing....but we were by the aft elevators so I think it was the scuba/snorkel gear place above us-not much traffic. I'm not familiar with where the JS's are located but under a pool won't be ideal early morning-my sister had one on the Oasis a few years back and it definitely woke them earlier then they would have preferred but they said the evenings where fine. I think that was really just the moving of the deck chairs and they heard the scraping. We also had family on the Allure with us this past May that were on deck 14 but further aft under the flowriders/sports deck and they also said it was pretty quiet.

I really think the pools are the main issue....never had issues with drunk yelling because once your balcony door is shut you don't really hear the outside??? They don't play music on the pool deck very late and it was always pretty tame whenever I went up there, even in the wee hours (I'm a smoker :o) I'm sure different sailings will have different crowds that will affect that.

We were just assigned junior suite 14636 Wondering how much noise we will have from the pool deck. Anyone stay on deck 14 recently? Thanks!

We were on deck 14, right under the sports deck and heard very little noise at night. Occasionally we heard a chair slide or a clunk, but all in all it was quiet from noise produced from above. Our cabin was closer towards the back of the ship so ultimately we experienced more of a noise from the ship. We booked deck 14 again for our Oasis sailing in Oct. We love the location....close to the pool deck where we spend lots of time! :D

We were on deck 14 in a Jr. Suite on the Allure about two springs ago. We will never be staying on deck 14 again. I am not sure of our cabin number but we were under the kid play/pool area. We were awoken each and every night with chairs being dragged across the deck and then early early in the morning with the sounds of running, stomping, etc. We are heavy sleepers. We are heading out on the Oasis in early October and I made sure that I was on a lower deck.

This is the best advice! We had a regular balcony on deck 14 on the Allure and heard nothing....but we were by the aft elevators so I think it was the scuba/snorkel gear place above us-not much traffic. I'm not familiar with where the JS's are located but under a pool won't be ideal early morning-my sister had one on the Oasis a few years back and it definitely woke them earlier then they would have preferred but they said the evenings where fine. I think that was really just the moving of the deck chairs and they heard the scraping. We also had family on the Allure with us this past May that were on deck 14 but further aft under the flowriders/sports deck and they also said it was pretty quiet.

I really think the pools are the main issue....never had issues with drunk yelling because once your balcony door is shut you don't really hear the outside??? They don't play music on the pool deck very late and it was always pretty tame whenever I went up there, even in the wee hours (I'm a smoker :o) I'm sure different sailings will have different crowds that will affect that.

If you have to close the balcony door and sit inside all the time then why not just get an inside cabin. To me every cabin on deck 14 is an inside cabin because both the inside and outside balconies are pretty much unusable if you like peace and quiet and are a light sleeper. Moreover even if you close the balcony door, your roof is the sports and pool deck, you will hear equipment operate and move.

If you have to close the balcony door and sit inside all the time then why not just get an inside cabin. To me every cabin on deck 14 is an inside cabin because both the inside and outside balconies are pretty much unusable if you like peace and quiet and are a light sleeper. Moreover even if you close the balcony door, your roof is the sports and pool deck, you will hear equipment operate and move.

But that's just not true....we used our balcony plenty of times both day and night and heard nothing. Again, it's most likely a VERY different issue when under the pools...I would never recommend that to anyone. But you simply cannot say all deck 14 cabins are noisy as I spent an entire week in one as did family in 3 other cabins and had zero noise issues. None were under pools so I guarantee that is why.

My comment about the balcony door was meant for while people were sleeping. But even still, we were not far from the smoking section on deck 15 and even late at night on our balcony we heard nothing but waves crashing even when I had just left said smoking section and there were still a bunch of people up there drinking and chatting.

for the record, I would most likely not book a deck 14 cabin simply because we like to be lower where the evening activity is. While it's very nice to be only one level up to the pools, it's a VERY long trek up the stairs from the promenade...or the lower decks when getting back from an island. Although a great workout, I'd prefer staying decks 6-8 to spread out the agony on my legs ;)

Edited by KG1924

We didn't think about the noise and now reading this post I tried to find the layouts of the decks to see what our cabins are under and I cannot find them on Royal's website...we are in cabin 14716 and 14718....anyone have any idea what is directly about us?

We are 14719! When are you cruising ?

I looked at the deck plans and it looks like we are right under the sports deck. I am hoping this is not going to be very noisy since we are far from the pools and the kids areas...

I am currently writing from the sports pool on Allure! We are staying in a Central Park Balcony room on deck 14. We have had ZERO problems with noise (and our room is directly under the kids pool). I am a very light sleeper and I can say that I have been kept up more by my traveling companion 's light snoring than by noise from the pools or kids clubs.

We have heard no fighting or horsing around by those who have enjoyed a bit too much to drink, and, if anything, we have REALLY enjoyed sitting on our balcony in the evening, watching and listening to the live music in Central Park. Very peaceful and great for people watching! Another perk: So close to pools, windjammer, etc. You do not need to wait for an elevator. We loved our location so much that we just booked the same deck for a cruise next year.

Music what cabin are you in?

We are in 14653 (Central Park Balcony) We had a sax player one night, a Brass Quintet another night, piano last night. They play at one end of Central Park. We grab our books, go out on the balcony and enjoy the live music. Our only complaint is that we're one of the last balcony rooms so the bands can be hard to see. No problem hearing them though! I think there's a dixieland band tonight.

• 1 month later...
We are in 14653 (Central Park Balcony) We had a sax player one night, a Brass Quintet another night, piano last night. They play at one end of Central Park. We grab our books, go out on the balcony and enjoy the live music. Our only complaint is that we're one of the last balcony rooms so the bands can be hard to see. No problem hearing them though! I think there's a dixieland band tonight.

How was space in the room?. Have a scooter for dh should beds be seperated three in room

We just today got off the Allure, and we were in a Central Park balcony. Honestly, I don't see how you can manage a scooter at all. The only place to park it is in the little entrance hallway where the bathroom door is. It won't be possible to get by the scooter when it is parked and go out the cabin door. If you park it farther into the hallway, you won't be able to get into the bathroom. I just don't see how it can be done.

Having said that, there were a lot of scooters on board, and they probably weren't all in handicap cabins.

I'd suggest calling a Royal representative and asking for exact measurements and asking what alternatives there are--can you park the scooter somewhere close? Is there a handicap cabin they could switch you to? How can it be managed? And I'd definitely talk to Royal, not some other agent who won't have easy access to measurements, etc.