Anthem of the Seas Review?!

i was on the ship the sailing before you. we were a group of 10 - with 4 grand kids. ages 11,14,14,& 16. all loved the ship. we missed the ship so much i book a 5 night cruise for my wife and her sister for October 1. they will be staying in an inside cabin and would like to know what you thought of them compared to the balcony cabin?

Enjoying your report! Our group of 12 (so far ) are sailing in April, and can not wait! First question... could you book Northstar ressies (in March) before full payment? Or do you have to be paid in full to make those? Next question... how was the north Atlantic Ocean, was it rocky or smooth sailing?

Keep the review coming! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Hey guys!!!

I'll answer the questions first :)

I found the coffee to be very good on the ship. If you like bold strong coffee you'll love the coffee no matter where you go! In all of the restaurants and cafe promenade there was always coffee!

Cabin question!

I absolutely loved the interior virtual balcony room! It was so much larger compared to my interior room on Liberty. There was INSANE amount of storage and plenty of room to move around. There's space under the bed to store your luggage which is also nice. I enjoyed the virtual balcony I think it was very realistic! It really is comparable to a balcony room. The bathrooms were the same size. The only difference is the balcony rooms have a couch.

I believe you can book the North Star and other reservations prior to paying off the entire cruise. But, not 100% sure! I would double check, but I believe you can!

We did feel the ship moving a decent amount headed to Bermuda. The first day at sea was the rockiest, but was not awful by any means. The rest of the trip I forgot I was on a ship lol. It was so stable after the first day!

I'll continue my review in a few minutes! Please Ask any other questions you may have!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello again! Happy Friday eve!

So I don't have too much time so I'm going to write about my experience at the Grande!

Grande was our favorite restaurant on the ship. This is the formal attire restaurant. Men are reunited to wear jackets and woman just look beautiful :). Again, we showed up a few minutes before our reservation and they sat us right away. Raquel was our waitress and she was PHENOMENAL! The best service we received all trip. They waited on you like kings and queens. We were blown away. She was hysterical and so attentive. She remembered all of our names by the end of the dinner. It really was a nice touch. The atmosphere was top notch. I ordered the French onion soup which was out of this world. (I ordered it again at American icon lol) Then I told Raquel that I wanted the filet mignon for dinner and she told me I needed two lobster tails with that too. She winked at me and walked away! [emoji23] I thought she was joking at first and when the entrees arrived there were two lobster tails with my steak!!! She came around to and cut the lobster tail and took the meat out for me so I could eat it easily. Wow, is all I can say about the food! The steak melted in my mouth and the lobster was insanely good. I'm running out of adjectives lol. We wish we had a longer trip so we could go to grande again!! For dessert if you haven't caught on yet I got the blueberry cheesecake lol. It was delicious once again! Cup of coffee on the side too :)

I highly recommend making a reservation for the grande! It was such a unique and wonderful experience!!!!!

My train stop is next :) I'll continue again tomorrow! Ask any questions please!!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks to the OP for all of the details.. Can't wait to hear more!

Also, so glad to see some positive feedback from the OP and many others! I've been telling myself not to have high expectations for my 9/3 sailing, but I also know that vacation is what you make of it.. Leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow.. The countdown is on!

• 5 weeks later...

Im with you ruguy, I absolutely LOVED the Anthem. She's my new favorite ship. Im shopping around now for a New England Canada cruise so I can get back on her next year.

I was dumbfounded at all the negative reviews prior to my boarding her. So glad I didn't let anyone sway my decision. BEST CRUISE EVER. I loved DD as well. It enhanced my dining experience and my cruise experience overall.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Im with you ruguy, I absolutely LOVED the Anthem. She's my new favorite ship. Im shopping around now for a New England Canada cruise so I can get back on her next year.

I was dumbfounded at all the negative reviews prior to my boarding her. So glad I didn't let anyone sway my decision. BEST CRUISE EVER. I loved DD as well. It enhanced my dining experience and my cruise experience overall.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I guess you can tell from my signature that I love Anthem as well. No problems on any of my cruises.