Room updates on the SKY?

br7305

Hi all! We were looking at a quick 3 night on the NCL SKY, & while I understand this is an older ship, I'm wondering if any updates have been done recently? Or at least in the last few years? There are very few room pics of the SKY & even after turning to YouTube, the reviews are all very old. For instance, are there really still tiny tube TV's in the rooms? Not that watching tv matters on the cruise, just curious as to what to expect... As I mentioned, I do realize this is an older, smaller ship. We have only been on the mega ships so far...Thanks.

Hi all! We were looking at a quick 3 night on the NCL SKY, & while I understand this is an older ship, I'm wondering if any updates have been done recently? Or at least in the last few years? There are very few room pics of the SKY & even after turning to YouTube, the reviews are all very old. For instance, are there really still tiny tube TV's in the rooms? Not that watching tv matters on the cruise, just curious as to what to expect... As I mentioned, I do realize this is an older, smaller ship. We have only been on the mega ships so far...Thanks.

I know it had a few updates done - the carpet was far and away better in our cabin than it was on YouTube. There are pictures in my review, linked below.

We had a fantastic time, though it really is more of a floating hotel, since you are in port every day.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Sky was hands down the worst ship I've ever been on. It was just gross. Only cruise I've ever been on where I couldn't get off the ship soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too LOL!!

My daughter and I christened The Sky "The Scabby Sky"!- Had we never cruised with NCL before we never would again :eek:

We laughed our way through the 4 day cruise, only happy to share time together - but the ship OMG - it was the pits!

Hopefully they will totally overhaul her -she sure needs it.

Some of the areas I recall were nice - ie Cagneys - Le Bistro - but hmm - don't even want to write some of the nasties we came across on board - not good...

We were docked alongside the Carnival Sunshine one port, wishing and yearning we could swap ships -

ScabbySky - God Bless her and all who dare to sail in her.. :D

Made for great laughs though - happy memories of our ShabbyScabby BahamaMamaDaugher cruise :D

Comments about how nasty it was without specific details don't really help those of us with future cruises booked. Was it actually dirty or just run down? Torn carpet? Peeling paint or wallpaper? Or things that were unclean and/or unsanitary? It's hard to know what reviews/opinions to take seriously if they don't give any details, only vague impressions...

• 2 months later...
I've been on the Sunshine, you did NOT want to get onto that, believe me.

The Sunshine was the Destiny and it is years younger than the Sky. Compare the Sky to Majesty of the Seas or Inspiration and you're given a better comparison. Sky wins hands down for me, full balconies on each floor, it's the only ship doing the 3/4 sailings that has that.

I love the Sky, it's small and the decor is dated, but I always have fun, and it's a great break from winter.

I was just on Sky....I thought the ship was very clean and well maintained for a ship of her age.

We were very fortunate to be in an Owner's Suite and took a few pictures - I'll try to post.

I would love to see your pics and any comments you have. will be in the owners suite in july! :)

I was just on Sky....I thought the ship was very clean and well maintained for a ship of her age.

We were very fortunate to be in an Owner's Suite and took a few pictures - I'll try to post.

Which suite? I'd love to see recent pics, since we're in one of the deck 8 ones in December.