Car Service? Wine? Embassy Suites? Need advice please.

auburngirlie

CAPE LIBERTY QUESTIONS>>>>>

I want to apologize, as I am sure these questions have been asked ad nauseaum, yet after spending many days scouring the threads, I could not find all the answers in one spot, so I'm hopeful this thread will help future Anthem cruisers. We are traveling with 9 people total (3 of which are under 5) in Sept. aboard the Anthem.

1. The Embassy Suites offers a $20/pp shuttle ride to the port at designated times. Is this the cheapest way to get to the port for 9 people and luggage? Would an independent car service be cheaper? If so, which service? Do any not charge for small children?

2. Is there anywhere within walking distance of the hotel in which we could procure our allotted amount of wine we may take on board? We will not have a car as we will be flying into Newark and using the hotel shuttle to the hotel. Also, dining options around the Embassy Suites?

3. Best way to get back to the Newark airport AFTER said cruise for 9 people and luggage? Would prefer a reservation for a car service.

Any other information I need to know about Cape Liberty. We are experienced cruisers, but this is our first cruise to Bermuda and we are excited. Thank you!

Edited by auburngirlie

CAPE LIBERTY QUESTIONS>>>>>

I want to apologize, as I am sure these questions have been asked ad nauseaum, yet after spending many days scouring the threads, I could not find all the answers in one spot, so I'm hopeful this thread will help future Anthem cruisers. We are traveling with 9 people total (3 of which are under 5) in Sept. aboard the Anthem.

1. The Embassy Suites offers a $20/pp shuttle ride to the port at designated times. Is this the cheapest way to get to the port for 9 people and luggage? Would an independent car service be cheaper? If so, which service? Do any not charge for small children?

2. Is there anywhere within walking distance of the hotel in which we could procure our allotted amount of wine we may take on board? We will not have a car as we will be flying into Newark and using the hotel shuttle to the hotel. Also, dining options around the Embassy Suites?

3. Best way to get back to the Newark airport AFTER said cruise for 9 people and luggage? Would prefer a reservation for a car service.

Any other information I need to know about Cape Liberty. We are experienced cruisers, but this is our first cruise to Bermuda and we are excited. Thank you!

1). Are you sure about the $20/pp. shuttle? Do you have it in writing from the hotel? A recent discussion on this board tallked about Embassy Suites shuttle service being available only with the park/sleep/cruise package. Try these folks

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

inde.drvr@gmail.com

2). No wine. Dining options are IHOP, Ruby Tuesdays, Marriott Courtyard and at the Jersey Gardens Mall Applebee's, Johnny Rockets, and the food court.

3) Same as # 1

Thank you so much for your quick response Carol!

I do not have it in writing. Only a verbal. She did say it was first come first serve as to the sign up when you check-in. We could not go ahead and pay and reserve today, which is bothersome. I'm hoping someone who may have done it recently without the package may speak up and let me know how it went. *fingers crossed*

Would you suggest taking a cab to go to the nearest store to buy some wine? Where would that be/how far would we have to go?

Really appreciate your response, as I know these questions are asked repetitively .

Thank you so much for your quick response Carol!

I do not have it in writing. Only a verbal. She did say it was first come first serve as to the sign up when you check-in. We could not go ahead and pay and reserve today, which is bothersome. I'm hoping someone who may have done it recently without the package may speak up and let me know how it went. *fingers crossed*

Would you suggest taking a cab to go to the nearest store to buy some wine? Where would that be/how far would we have to go?

Really appreciate your response, as I know these questions are asked repetitively .

No one has really come up with a good solution to the wine problem. How many bottles are you eligible to bring on board? Quite frankly, it would probably be cheaper to pay for an extra piece of luggage to bring your well wrapped wine than to run around in a taxi or pay extra charges for a car service to make a stop.

Auburngirlie...when you go to the ES next month, could you try and get an e mail address for that hotel (ie not a generic ES one). I know from experience it is not easy to get an e mail address for them. We will probably stay there next year and I will want to quiz them about the shuttle etc then. Its so much easier with an e mail as I'm the other side of the pond!:D

Thanks

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

We are also staying at the ES in Elizabeth, NJ in October. We have signed up for the shuttle, its $20 per person each way (we did not book a package because we are flying there). We have cruised out of Bayonne before and I found this to be reasonable to get to and from the port. :p

We are also staying at the ES in Elizabeth, NJ in October. We have signed up for the shuttle, its $20 per person each way (we did not book a package because we are flying there). We have cruised out of Bayonne before and I found this to be reasonable to get to and from the port. :p

Sounds just what I am looking for - Shuttle to Cape Liberty (1-way).

Would like to talk with them.

Can you provide the address and phone number if the Embassy Suites you are using?

Thanks !

Just got off the phone with the hotel.

They indeed charge $20pp one-way to Cape Liberty for the shuttle.

They charge $20 per night parking plus taxes.

They offer a Park, Ride & Cruise Package that includes hotel, 2 roundtrip transfers to the port, and up to 10 nights parking.

The rate for 1 night hotel in October for 2 people/1 room is $319.

You could find it on their website.

Embassy Suites Newark Airport

95 International Blvd, Elizabeth, NJ 07201

(908) 558-0752

Just got off the phone with the hotel.

They indeed charge $20pp one-way to Cape Liberty for the shuttle.

They charge $20 per night parking plus taxes.

They offer a Park, Ride & Cruise Package that includes hotel, 2 roundtrip transfers to the port, and up to 10 nights parking.

The rate for 1 night hotel in October for 2 people/1 room is $319.

You could find it on their website.

Embassy Suites Newark Airport

95 International Blvd, Elizabeth, NJ 07201

(908) 558-0752

Could you provide more details? I'm confused. I thought I saw a post that you are 9 people. Or are you two people? Do you have a car or not? Do you need round trip port transportation or just one way? Do you have a budget? What are your exact dates?

Edited by 138east

Could you provide more details? I'm confused. I thought I saw a post that you are 9 people. Or are you two people? Do you have a car or not? Do you need round trip port transportation or just one way? Do you have a budget? What are your exact dates?

Carol...this isn't the OP, who is the one who has a 9 person party. This is a different poster .

Edited by njhorseman

Carol...this isn't the OP, who is the one who has a 9 person party. This is a different poster .

Thanks. I see that now. Oh well. Distracted today because I'm trying to get ready to go to OR tomorrow morning at o'dark hundred. Would still like to know the big picture for njgirl's plans. A $20 shuttle ride might not be worth it given the price of Embassy Suites.

Thanks. I see that now. Oh well. Distracted today because I'm trying to get ready to go to OR tomorrow morning at o'dark hundred. Would still like to know the big picture for njgirl's plans. A $20 shuttle ride might not be worth it given the price of Embassy Suites.

Carol:

I hope "OR" stands for Oregon, not operating room. ;)

OR = Oregon I saw a "snippy" thread today where one poster chastised another for referring to Alaska as AL. Stopped reading at that point.

Uh...I think I know that poster very well. :eek: FWIW, a couple of posts later chengkp75, who is about as polite as anyone here also ripped the OP, who was clearly just a troll with an ax to grind.

Edited by njhorseman

Hi 138east -

I am looking at all options and for the best pricing (and safety).

All I need is to park my car so I can get to Cape Liberty port for the repositioning cruise and then fly back to EWR and get my car to drive home.

Yes, you are correct. Embassy Suites is not the answer for me ... but perhaps for others.

Any recommendations of where to park for the week, shuttle or cab/taxi to the port then shuttle back to pick up car to drive home? And the costs?

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday weekend !!!

Hi 138east -

I am looking at all options and for the best pricing (and safety).

All I need is to park my car so I can get to Cape Liberty port for the repositioning cruise and then fly back to EWR and get my car to drive home.

Yes, you are correct. Embassy Suites is not the answer for me ... but perhaps for others.

Any recommendations of where to park for the week, shuttle or cab/taxi to the port then shuttle back to pick up car to drive home? And the costs?

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday weekend !!!

Your best bet is to research the hotels that offer daily parking as well. The nice thing about the hotels is that they are constantly busy, which means your car is not sitting in a remote parking lot that is inactive at night. The hotels all have an airport shuttle and are a good base to get picked up from by a car service to go to the port. http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/newark_airport_parking_ewr

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why its thought that ES is really expensive. I have a room for my hubby and I with a king bed in October. With tax and all we are paying $172 for the night. Our friends are leaving their car there for 12 days and booked the package for the cruise, with tax their package is around $276.

I just checked Country Inns and Suites for the same date in October. The room alone for a king is $186.78 (tax included). This is just a room, I don't believe you receive breakfast, not sure. The point is, these rates are higher than ES. The package there is $307.27. Both of these are higher than what we are paying at the ES. I'm very happy with our choice. We are all Hilton fans.

I'm not sure why its thought that ES is really expensive. I have a room for my hubby and I with a king bed in October. With tax and all we are paying $172 for the night. Our friends are leaving their car there for 12 days and booked the package for the cruise, with tax their package is around $276.

I just checked Country Inns and Suites for the same date in October. The room alone for a king is $186.78 (tax included). This is just a room, I don't believe you receive breakfast, not sure. The point is, these rates are higher than ES. The package there is $307.27. Both of these are higher than what we are paying at the ES. I'm very happy with our choice. We are all Hilton fans.

Embassy Suites does run more expensive because it never seems to appear on a discount site. For Oct 29 I'm seeing Country Inns for about $123 tax included on Last Minute travel. Trinity reservations has the park/sleep/cruise with transportation for up to 4 people at the Ramada for $202 tax included. Embassy Suites is the newest hotel at the airport and it is very nice, but there are other options that are significantly cheaper.