ADVENTURE/ABC's Aug 20-27,2016 REVIEW w/lots of photos

Leaving the caves and heading out was quite a long trek inland away from the coast, and quite a bit uphill (see map) to the approximate base of Sero Arikok (peak). At the base is the center entrance to the Park and where the visitor Center is located (note, no cars again). I would never consider entering the park here as you would have to travel east to view all the caves and areas we had just been... and then double all the back to get to the next sites! Wouldn't make sense at all

DSC09590_zpsn2szgccr.jpg

This is your typical visitor center with a couple of staff members, a repeating video playing in a media room about Arikok, and various displays. Truthfully I rarely spend anytime in these centers as I normally read and study what I can prior to and after a trip... time is short when in port and not to be wasted in a visitor center in my opinion. This was a much needed break for bathroom, cold water and a 10min chill out not sitting in the truck on the bumpy roads we had just traveled.

DSC09585_zpseut3n3gt.jpg

DSC09586_zpsopc9q5yd.jpg

And here is where shifting the gears into 4 x 4 really stared to become handy... there were a couple of parts of the raod that would've been a little on the tough side with a wheel drive, and no way a car should be on this road at all. Here's a shot heading up the hill and the elevation to Sero Arikok (not the structure far in the distance at the top left)... that's where we're heading

DSC09594_zpsaa5onqfe.jpg

I believe the second highest peak in Aruba is here... Sero Arikok. At the top of this site is a strange older-retro kind-of satellite alien-searching kind of dish that you would find in an old 1980's alien movie!!... obviously abandoned, rusty and totally no longer in use. I truthfully didn't know this was here so I don't know the history or anything about it. If someone does know, by all means post what you know.

DSC09597_zpss730rtq9.jpg

And oh... the views!!!!

DSC09609_zpsvtlnaifo.jpg

Wow, just gorgeous up here! The photo above is looking down into the valley in an south-easterly angle with the visitor center in view and the roadway we had just traveled to get up here. The next two shots are of the south coastline looking west to the capital of Oranjestad. And far far in the distance you can also make out the Adventure where this day all began

P8243166_zpsbl1ezscw.jpg

DSC09605_zpswgqun0x8.jpg

From here, the road led downward towards the coast... and definitely this road required a 4x4 for sure and slow going. Lots of potholes, huge boulders, etc... no way... no way... you should attempt a regular car here.

DSC09610_zpsjxco2fdj.jpg

DSC09613_zpsl6w9m6sz.jpg

Edited by Hoopster95

I've read about and studied many tours/excursions offered to the Natural Pool... and also many reviews/blogs mentioning how horrible it is to get there regarding the roads. It's not that bad... it's all in the perspective. If you expect a paved ride in a limo and you also have medical issues (ie. bad back, aching areas of your body, vertigo perhaps, etc) then stay far far away from doing this. If you skydive, rock climb 500 foot mountains, drive NASCAR... all in your sleep with your hands tied behind your back, then this is a total piece of cake!!! Then there's something right in the middle. That's what this is. I don't drive a 4x4 everyday, nor can I say I'm proficient, but it was easy to figure out to go slowly, take a path of least resistance (follow others tracks to take the least dangerous and least bumpy part of the dirt road, etc), and just simply use common sense with your driving skills and navigating. It was a hoot!!! Lot's of fun, but took a long time getting down in low gear.

These pictures of the roads do not show at all several of the bad areas (I was busy driving not taking pictures lol!!), but at least gives you an idea and perspective

DSC09616_zpsmj3itqwz.jpg

It wasn't too too long until we saw a convoy of ATV's and another vehicle on a lower road heading away from the coastline, and we knew we must be getting close. Soon enough we had reached the target... the Natural Pool and the parking lot holding several vehicles of excursions and tours.

P8243172_zpsow09eudg.jpg

P8243175_zpsixhnlcr3.jpg

Obviously the "danger signs" are everywhere for all visitors here and repeated at several levels as you walk down

P8243176_zpsz32jwimx.jpg

Unfortunately, if you are mobile restricted, even if you can make it by vehicle there is no way to get down to the pool whatsoever. There is a sitting area at the very top just by the parking lot where you can observe from the top.

P8243177_zpsbq9klxco.jpg

I would truly hate to think what a disaster this place would be in high season. Several reviews and reports I read during high season reported that this excursion was a joke, with a million people all trying to get into the pool and hardly any time to actually spend and enjoy the pool... I can totally see why.

There's only one way in and one way out... and it's very precarious and slippery, with little pools of spiny urchins in various areas that you have to ensure you navigate your feet away from. And this was low season with just one larger excursion (maybe 20 people?) ahead of us trying to get in while another 20 person excursion was queing to get out... took about 15 minutes for these people to slowly make their way in. What happens when there's over 200 people from a couple of ships in high season? Now I understand some of the frustration from previous reviews.

P8243185_zpsa3gdyd80.jpg

Having said all that, the pool is wonderful to be in. I would have been totally upset if I were on a set time limit ship excursion and having to be dragged out of here in only 10-15 minutes. The place is just beautiful to hang out, and we did just that for over half hour and really refreshed ourselves.

P8243192_zpsg590t9yk.jpg

And we had some fun too! There were a ton of large black crabs walking around everywhere on the rocks which we watched for a while, and also there was a large rock formation closest to the water where rock climbing was allowed and a jump into the water. Great views from up here too.

P8243206_zpswolppd7g.jpg

Here you can see all the way back up the hill to the parking lot. Once that group below left, it was just us and another family all alone for 10 minutes or so... just perfect!

P8243208_zps5dsivfrd.jpg

And I got to play to my heart's content with no huge lines and the freedom we all wish we had when visiting spots like this. Heaven!!

P8243199_zpsdaezrx7f.jpg

This was the end of Arikok National Park... as we proceeded to leave the Natural Pool parking lot and follow the road away from the coastline, we reached the farthest western entry into the park, and I immediately recognized it from 3 years ago as the entrance to which I had reached but turned away from at that time! I pretty well remember where I was and was able to continue the remainder of the afternoon tour in relative comfort knowing approximately where I was at all times.

This is the perfect place for me to break for the night... the end of the first zoomed in North/east map up to the Natural Pool. Tomorrow I'll do the 2nd zoomed in map of the north/west coast starting on the farthest right at the Natural Bridge. Thx and good night everyone.

Edited by Hoopster95

Whoa, I don't know about this :eek:

The Canal is extremely high on my bucket list and just ask those who have cruised a lot.... the Canal comes up in discussion on this topic of best cruises ever, but not ABC's.

I have a solution....

Keep your Canal cruise and book another cruise right after to the ABC's ;)

Yes, it's a real dilemma! But the thing is, I'm a diver and I'm not getting any younger, so I am not sure how many years of diving my body will allow me to do. I will still be able to snorkel, but as great as snorkeling is, scuba is just that much better. However, Panama Canal is on my bucket list, too! Besides, I'm sure DH will like the Canal better than the ABC's.

I sure wish we could book an ABC cruise along with our Panama Canal cruise, but sometimes life's responsibilities get in the way. As of now, we will stick with the Canal cruise we already have scheduled, but I am determined to find a way to fit the ABC's in sooner rather than later. I will be divng in Grand Cayman on the Canal cruise, mabe Costa Rica as well, so at least I'll get some great diving in there.

Your Aruba day sounds fantastic! We have been conidering a land vacation there for some time now, so I'm definitely taking notes. :D

but sometimes life's responsibilities get in the way.

Sigh, I really hate this too :p

Your Aruba day sounds fantastic! We have been conidering a land vacation there for some time now, so I'm definitely taking notes. :D

Yep, there are not many Caribbean islands I can see myself staying for a full week and seeing opportunities for a week of activities and site seeing, but Aruba is definitely one of them. On my last visit I also visited Phillip's Animal Shelter (http://www.philipsanimalgarden.com/) and the Ostrich Farm (http://www.arubaostrichfarm.com/). And then there are the Rock Formations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayo_Rock_Formations) and beaches to visit as well as Catamaran evening sails and snorkeling trips.

I have quickly gone through this entire thread and can't wait to go back and study and take notes. You really do a vacation right! I have this ship and itinerary for December 2017 and really love what you and your GF did for activities. Anyway, silly question, but I'll ask anyone since you seem to know a lot about the changes taking place during dry dock -- the open Solarium area is being changed (at least where you point out) - they aren't, by chance, planning on "covering" it are they? I love the open Solarium (despite the fact the definition really doesn't fit this particular Solarium) because I can still get sun when I want, but not be out at the main pool.

I absolutely love this side of Aruba. It is great seeing your pictures as I have not been there for some time now. It is as beautiful as I remember it.

Thx for following along OceanBoy... maybe it's time for you to book your next cruise to the ABCs? ;)

Anyway, silly question, but I'll ask anyone since you seem to know a lot about the changes taking place during dry dock -- the open Solarium area is being changed (at least where you point out) - they aren't, by chance, planning on "covering" it are they? I love the open Solarium (despite the fact the definition really doesn't fit this particular Solarium) because I can still get sun when I want, but not be out at the main pool.

Here's a great thread you may wish to go through:

"Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360985&highlight=adventure

Also, if you look through the first couple of pages of the ship tours in my signature below of both Navigator and Explorer reviews, you'll get a pretty good idea of how Adventure will end up (with a few minor differences).

Re the Solarium... Nope, it's not being covered from what's been reported so far, so should stay open.

In post #165 I added some maps in order to follow where I'm at on the island... I now leave the first zoomed in map and mover into the second one at the top right... the Natural Bridge.

Leaving that farthest western entrance of Arikok and down into a residential area, I fully recognized approximately where I was from the last time I was there. On this part of the road there are plenty of highway type large green signs pointing you in the right direction as you drive along, much better than when on the main arterial highway roads leading into/out of the Orenjstad!

DSC09625_zps9mjvknpw.jpg

I can also tell you that it was approximately 1pm. We had brought a couple of bananas, water, and a bag of mixed nuts with us. we also stopped at the Arikok Tourist center for water and a snack. We never did stop for a full on lunch and opted to graze along the way. However being 1pm, I was a little concerned we would not make the entire north coast of the island... back of my mind I wanted to be back on the ship by 4:30pm latest to prepare for our Barefoot Beach dinner. But onward and forward I went in order to try and conquer my full plan for today.

By following the mentioned map inland from the Natural Pool, I have no clue exactly which roadway we ended up at, but we did pass right by the Ayo Rock Formations. This is set up as a gated tourist park, but it was closed. We did stop to take a couple of pictures and then move on... the pictures of Ayo don't really mean anything other than to remind me of the route I had taken through the town. I also have pictures of the many road signs at various intersections for my amusements. I'm going to try to make the remainder of the north coast tour a little faster in this part of the review and add a few pictures within the next few posts with only minor commentary.

Soon, we had taken a turn again towards the coastline, the roads changed to loose dirt, and I knew we were getting close to the Natural Bridge.

DSC09630_zpszakrbtve.jpg

DSC09633_zpsqkrcclqu.jpg

As per the photo above, the bridge had collapsed in 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aruba_Natural_Bridge

If you're hungry and/or in need of water, there's full restaurant facilities here.

DSC09640_zpshnpisqvs.jpg

DSC09642_zpswteokufz.jpg

From the parking area, there's a stone staircase which you can walk down and into the "boca", and walk over to the collapsed bridge. The waves can crash into and over top the collapse, so there is signage not to walk onto the bridge, but makes for some great photos if you do so.... I did of course

DSC09643_zpszgmwzfrv.jpg

On the same road that led into the Natural Bridge was access to the Old Bushiribana Gold Mine ruins. There's another set of Gold Mine ruins inland a bit that I had thought of trying to discover this time around, but with time a ticking, we wanted to enjoy this stop as much as possible and then stick to the coastline

DSC09651_zpsexnm53uu.jpg

DSC09650_zpsszvqzbls.jpg

DSC09658_zpsufmxlrvb.jpg

DSC09662_zpsnkrstvbf.jpg

See that small peak way way off in the distance dead center in the image below? That's where I'm trying to get to.... it's now about 2pm. Hmmmm, looks like a long way away, but oh so beautiful! I just had to continue. There is no road whatsosver any longer past this Gold Ruin, so 4x4 is a must. On the map, all it shows is a dotted line for a dirt roadway.

DSC09659_zpslerbuo2b.jpg

Further west up the coast is a cute little church overlooking the coastline called Alto Vista Chapel. This is a well known tourist site that many tours visit, so there's a few vendors, who also sell water and snacks. You can access this church by regular roadway inland, or there's a dedicated dirt raod up from the beach and back down with a 4x4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alto_Vista_Chapel

DSC09670_zps5jkbql5j.jpg

DSC09668_zpsgkn9c1mr.jpg

DSC09666_zpstau24qn3.jpg

In this area of Aruba, called "Alto Vista", is also where the aforementioned Phillip's Animal Farm and the Ostrich Farms are located. They are totally worth visiting if time permits on your travels. Take a look at the info of Phillip's Farm and history.... basically he just started adopting animals that people couldn't take care of as pets (ie. camels, large cats, snakes, etc), and he got so big that he created this zoo.... by donation! Just a great place... and yes when I was there 3 years ago I payed nothing to get in and they did ask for a donation after a small tour from one of the staff.

Onward we went. I kept note of the time we traveled up the coastline. This part of the coast was a lot of driving as the sites were farther apart than in Arikok. Loved driving here! The dirt roads were smooth enough with just enough beach sand to really have some fun with the 4x4 (ie. donuts!!). Had a ball with the 4x4 along this stretch. Again note no regular cars through here... there are some parts where the sand is thick and a 4x4 is 100% a must! In fact we drove by a regular car whose driver obviously didn't heed any warnings and they were stuck in the sand waiting for someone to come and help them. What a waste of day and time.

Here we are below finally approaching the north-western farthest tip of the island and the California Lighthouse just barely viewable in the distance

DSC09673_zpsv0ssicrb.jpg

Holy cow!!!... no way?! :confused:

Wow, I just looked up my old photos from 2013 and some on line... he looks so much older now, I didn't even recognize him! I hope he's not sick :(

I spoke to him briefly, all was well. I know I look older than I did 3 years ago.:D

You have taken and posted outstanding photos! Thanks.

Looking at the map, I am now reaching the farthest north western tip of the island and one of Aruba's most well known and most visited landmark, the California Lighthouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Lighthouse

"The stone lighthouse was designed by a French architect in 1910 and constructed on Aruba between 1914 and 1916. It's named after the S.S. California, a wooden sailing ship that sank near shore.

Around the lighthouse are acres of stoned-filled flat land, and a area called California White Sand Dunes is very popular with kids who go dune surfing. Don't ask; it involves sliding down the dunes in any way that seems comfortable. Just wear strong jeans or trousers."

DSC09675_zpssudw7zlu.jpg

But upon reaching the parking area, it was apparent that the lighthouse was cordoned off and not really "open" for pictures, let alone entry. Upon getting out of the car for a very short visit, we reviewed the signage and that the Lighthouse was under renovation/construction. I have some great pictures from here 3 years ago, and I guess I'll have to wait a few years again to get more great pictures in the future

DSC09677_zpsayqdkgxh.jpg

DSC09678_zpshtvqb9rq.jpg

From the parking area and standing on a few rocks, you get a great view of the west side of the island and very far off in the distance both Palms and Eagle Beach along with the large resort buildings alongside

DSC09679_zpswun5szr8.jpg

Great review! Learned many new things. Also thanks for info regarding upcoming changes. Leaving in a couple of days for our 3rd B2B on Adventure and booked for 4th one next year.

B2B... nice!!:) Yes that would definitely be the way to go with these southern itineraries out of SJ. Thx for the kind words and have a superb cruise!! :D

I truthfully don't know how I got on the road from the beach that led directly up to the Lighthouse. What I remember from my first visit is that before reaching the Lighthouse (from Palm Beach) there's a turn off to the very last beach which then leads directly on the coastline on dirt roads (4x4 needed). This road led to the dunes and some incredible rock formations right on the coast. Checking my watch it was about 3pm so plenty of time to find that road and get onto the coast for the last time.

This part of the coastline is totally gorgeous and not to be missed imo. On my first trip here I spent quite a bit of time climbing the various mountainous rocks and just simply stopping at various locals along the shore, just beautiful.... but not enough time this trip. The view is spectacular and you can view the thunderous ocean close up.

DSC09685_zpsezdrsksz.jpg

You will find hundreds... thousands... of small and large inukshuks all over the place all along this part of the coastline

http://www.inukshukgallery.com/inukshuk.html

IMG_4652_zpscvk7btt5.jpg

The pictures of the stones/boulders are very very deceiving. Here I am after having climbed one of them.... now you can see their size!

IMG_4678_zps7ao9ine2.jpg

And of course the white sand dunes.... here I took the picture of the sign in the sand "Don't Drive on the Dunes" and turned to go back as the clock was ticking. Here is where I've would've got out for a longer walk in the sand and a short drive in the sand (like last time), do a few donuts in the 4x4, etc!! And yes, just getting going the jeep struggled a bit with traction digging into the sand, so a regular car would have no hope whatsoever in this area.

DSC09687_zpsumlusryu.jpg

It was time... the heat of the day and the amount of fun we had, we were spent. The timing was perfect! The distance from my memory from the Lighthouse to the ship would be 15min tops and I was bang on. I include the photo below just to show you the main road... very easily to drive on Aruba's main roads as in any major North American City.

DSC09692_zpsoeixmbyw.jpg

We passed by the various signage to turn into the Palm and Eagle Beach areas, and the major resorts. There was some traffic delays once reaching the port area, but soon we had reached the side ride to turn and return our vehicle. Mission accomplished in Aruba!!!! What an epic day so far

DSC09694_zpsek3imj45.jpg

It's about 3:30pm, and we fully well knew if we headed into the ship we would never come out until dinner time. If you remember from the first sea day on day 2, I won the belly flop and a gift certificate for a free pair of Del Sol sun glasses from the Aruba store. Well, driving out in the morning, we saw the Del Sol sign just a block up on the main road in the shopping area. So hot, sticky and spent, we decided to bear a short walk to find my sun glasses now instead of later, and then return to the ship.

DSC09695_zpsiwagzxnf.jpg

DSC09698_zpstvhhryiu.jpg

DSC09699_zpsd2pxl6r3.jpg

We looked around a bit but we were in no mood to hang around shopping from store to store at this moment. It was surely time to head back. Here's the walkway leading to the ship from the security gate entrance by the front road. Note the tourist booths on the left are still empty even in the afternoon. This area will be jumping in high season

DSC09704_zps5c3uizg2.jpg

After a well needed shower & freshen up in our cabin, were were ready to go! We had about an hour before we needed to head off the ship to grab a taxi. Even though it was my D+ happy hour, we had those drink cards to use and this was the perfect opportunity to get a nice cocktail in perhaps a bar we had not spent any time in. So we thought about the areas of the ship we really hadn't spent any time at all and decided on the Champagne Bar on deck 5 right below us and on our way out

DSC09707_zpsoozrtgwb.jpg

They were promoting a one-of-a-kind special in this bar, so we both decided to go for it. With our drink cards, the server charged us an extra $3 to cover this drink. Very good R Rita!

DSC09708_zps6key1oqm.jpg

This area is not changing according to the deck plans or any reports of the refurb I have read, but you just never know. I took a few images just to remember this area.

DSC09709_zpsvelh3qcf.jpg

DSC09710_zpsen3bbd6x.jpg

And then we were off to Barefoot Beach!!

http://www.barefootaruba.com/

The cab ride was only about 5-6 minutes, and a paltry $10 for both of us.

Here we are arriving to an extremely unassuming rather boring and uninviting entrance to this venue

DSC09712_zpssgbafbt6.jpg

I had booked this on-line, and strongly suggest anyone reading this review to do so. It was low season, only one ship in port, and by the time sun was setting the place was packed. Pre-cruise I also sent them an email asking of a beach table is guaranteed... it is not. It's first come first served.... HUGE mental note here folks! Here is the under-cover area of the restaurant as we walked through to get to the beach..... with the pictures I'm about to share with you you do not want to be seated in here at sunset.

DSC09713_zpstgbp3sae.jpg

On-line, they had replied to me by saying while they try their best to get a requested table, there's no guarantee. Having confirmed the first come, first served seating arrangement.... and also earlier in the cruise taking mental note that the beginning of the sunsets start rather early, we decided to get to the restaurant rather early as well (at 6pm rather than our 6:30 appt time). What a great call this was... we were escorted out onto the beach and given a great table. I believe before 6:30 came along everything out there was full so I believe had we come at our arranged time not only would we have missed the beginning of the sky changing colours with the sunset, but we would not have been seated directly on the beach either. Here you can see our proximity to the Adventure off in the distance.

DSC09720_zpsqreejxng.jpg

DSC09721_zpsyx7khexl.jpg

Dress here is casual to smart casual... your choice. I wore a pair of dress shorts with a very nice collared shirt... they recommend barefoot on the beach! Take off our shoes in the sand, dining in bare feet. Fabulous!

Ladies, summer dresses are perfect. Remember you'll be taking lifetime memory photos here so dress accordingly for great photos.

DSC09728_zpsa2k3jqrc.jpg

I had mentioned earlier that part of the charm here (for me anyway) was the "Maho beach effect" with low flying jets coming in for landing at the airport very close by. Here you can see how close they are.

DSC09718_zps5ouceykz.jpg

I viewed this evening as an excursion.... ok, so our $150 meal plus $20 taxi was a lot more than sitting in MDR with my free dinner and not venturing out for something new and fresh. Like the fishes eating at my feet at Arikok, or the couple of minutes I got to spend sitting at the very top of Ft Louis earlier in the trip, this dinner will be an imprint for me and a defining moment of this cruise that I will remember for years to come. I feel that there is no way anyone can possibly remember an MDR meal from years ago, but there are various moments of one-of-a-kind beauty and experiences that last... This is one of them for me. Maybe I'll be able to visit this place again someday and have dinner, but when? I have too many other places in the world to visit and surely not enough time. For now, live in the moment....

IMG_4694_zpsy6b9zyz3.jpg

The food and service were both excellent!

IMG_4688_zpscfvkdlbt.jpg

Cant beat this view and this setting.

IMG_4697_zpsxvfvo7dy.jpg

IMG_4723_zps54xgkl9z.jpg

DSC09731_zpszvbqxwpi.jpg

We left Barefoot totally happy and satisfied. They ordered a taxi for us and we were back in no time. we actually stopped across the street at the flee market as it was still open with quite a few people surprisingly hanging around. I bought an Aruba license plate and the gf bought a souvenir as well. Other than the flee market, walking across the street and towards the Adventure, as suspected around 9pm the port area was pretty empty as I figure most cruisers were on board.

IMG_4737_zpseaquc8ct.jpg

I believe my watch said 9:30pm as we walked down the hallway to our cabin. We had every sincere intention to head back to our room and get ready for another great evening of entertainment aboard. We had already missed the two ice shows scheduled for this evening (instead of a production show or headliner) and due up this evening after the ice shows was the Adult "Majority Rules" game show which is always fun and also the "Dancing Under the Stars" pool party. I always love the pool parties and figured we'd be up there for sure, shaking our booties to the cupid shuffle and other dances... but the second we hit the room and looked at our bed, we looked at each other laughing that we needed to hit the sack right then and there... what a busy past couple of days!! So we missed the entire night of events to get a much needed longer sleep before yet another early and long day in Curacao tomorrow. YAAAAAAAAAAWN!!!

Here is the compass for Aruba. Any Aruba questions I may help you with, please do ask and I'll do my best. G'night folks

P8233089_zpsom7biqf0.jpg

P8233090_zps9emxp91k.jpg

P8233091_zpsjqt1lomb.jpg

P8233092_zps1q8olzq2.jpg

P8233093_zpsyz2ezysk.jpg

P8233094_zpshi2fx6bl.jpg

Edited by Hoopster95

Sigh, I really hate this too :p

Yep, there are not many Caribbean islands I can see myself staying for a full week and seeing opportunities for a week of activities and site seeing, but Aruba is definitely one of them. On my last visit I also visited Phillip's Animal Shelter (http://www.philipsanimalgarden.com/) and the Ostrich Farm (http://www.arubaostrichfarm.com/). And then there are the Rock Formations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayo_Rock_Formations) and beaches to visit as well as Catamaran evening sails and snorkeling trips.

Thanks for posting all of the links, Hoopster95! I am creating quite the bookmarks library for Aruba! :D Now I just have to manage to get get myself there.

I do not consider myself a foodie in any way. I have never included a restaurant on my bucket list. At least not until now! After seeing your pictures of Barefoot Beach restaurant, that is now a "must do" for me! I have enoyed dinner on a few other beaches, but never anything that spectacular, that memorable.

Oh, I enjoyed your tour around the island, too! Wouldn't mind following that same route. :cool: