Carnival Pride - 4K Cabins

sharonsorlie

Just a quick question - on the Carnival Pride - can you open the French doors or are they screwed shut????

We cruised in a 4k about a year ago on the pride and were able to open it up. I don't recall that it stayed open but we could open and peek out.

Unless there is some kind of maintenance issue (I read a review of her sister ship Miracle where someone's French door was screwed shut :confused:) you may open them and get fresh air in your cabin :)

Edited by VASOXFANN

I have cruised in a 4K cabin. You can keep the french doors open. Go online and figure out which cabins are between life boats. I did that and sure you only have a few feet of a view but it is still something instead of seeing the side of the life boat. You can get some fresh air and can see the water. Great cabin!!

Just off the Pride on 8/30. Both my room 4124 and our friends room 4127 were screwed shut.

Edited to add...if I wanted fresh air, I walked down to the open deck on floor 3. Took two minutes to get there and was usually empty. Also we were in 4127 last year and it opened then.

Edited by pohlerbear

Just off the Pride on 8/30. Both my room 4124 and our friends room 4127 were screwed shut.

Edited to add...if I wanted fresh air, I walked down to the open deck on floor 3. Took two minutes to get there and was usually empty. Also we were in 4127 last year and it opened then.

Wonder if they have done that on all 4K's??

Have one booked on the Miracle and looking forward to our first one.

Did a G for a 4K on pride but they gave us o/v which was kind of a disappointment

I'd be taking a screw driver with me.

Edited by springs741

Just off the Pride 8/28. We had room 4130 and the door definitely opens. I had to give it a pretty good tug, but it def. opened. I have previously had balconies and thought I would also save a few bucks by getting this room. We did not use the doors like I thought I would and totally REGRET NOT HAVING A BALCONY!! We also had room 4132 (spaced between the two life boats). 4132 had a better view then 4130 but I did not try and open that door.

Just off the Pride 8/28. We had room 4130 and the door definitely opens. I had to give it a pretty good tug, but it def. opened. I have previously had balconies and thought I would also save a few bucks by getting this room. We did not use the doors like I thought I would and totally REGRET NOT HAVING A BALCONY!! We also had room 4132 (spaced between the two life boats). 4132 had a better view then 4130 but I did not try and open that door.

Glad some of them still open! I guess I'll gamble that mine on the Miracle will.

Edited by VASOXFANN

Thanks, but I'd like to have the fresh air in my cabin. If I wanted to do this, I would have gotten a plain inside cabin. :rolleyes:

It's a room with balcony doors but no balcony. Some of the doors open and there's a railing so you can get some fresh air. They are all behind the lifeboats on the 4th floor. Some are between lifeboats and have a better view.

They are slightly more expensive then the interior rooms but much cheaper then a balcony. I like them because usually the ocean views are in 1/2 floors. I like the 4th floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be disappointed if our Pride 4123 doors are screwed shut. I've had those 4k's twice now and really like the light and opening the doors even if for a little while to let some fresh air in, it seems strange that two recent sailings on the Pride that someone noted their doors opened and another did not. We sail in about a month.

We will be disappointed if our Pride 4123 doors are screwed shut. I've had those 4k's twice now and really like the light and opening the doors even if for a little while to let some fresh air in, it seems strange that two recent sailings on the Pride that someone noted their doors opened and another did not. We sail in about a month.

Please let us know when you return the status of your doors - as in 6 months we are in 4139 on the Pride