Favorites from Cucina del Capitano.....

stefs111

I have read some favorites from the menu of Cucina del Capitano, and I am having a hard time deciding what to order. I may need to go twice. Are you allowed to order two appetizers? Here are my choices from the appetizer menu: Antipasta, Eggplant, Calamari, the Italian salad, Ceasar salad. Choices for dinner are: Steak and Short ribs and maybe Chicken Parmesean. Then for dessert: Tirimasu or Cannoli.

What are your favorites?

The food there is good and we enjoy the evening eating there. We have done about 8 visits to Cucina on about 5 or 6 ships. Personally, for me, the best part is the apps. I could easily just go with having just the apps and no main course. We usually go there with groups, most recent was the Vista and we had 29 of us. They brought out enough apps to easily satisfy everyone appetite.

The apps come out family style - so we make sure we order a variety and share.

MY favorite meal there is the Arancini or Nona's meatballs, Caesar salad the Carbonara and the Lemon Sorbet. DH enjoys the steak that's on the menu too!

The steak was excellent......:)

That's what I've heard!! Keep saying I'm going to try it - but then order the Carbonara anyway! :rolleyes:

It certainly is an easy thing to do...... The wife ordered the steak and I sampled it.... said the exact same thing after trying it. Was thinking about it later and contemplating asking them to make a steak piazziola out of it.

The steak is fabulous - I actually liked it better than the one I ordered in the Steakhouse. The fried Rosotto Balls were also wonderful. I'm not a big desert person, but tried the canolli - it was okay.

I've decided that from now on I will plan to eat there at least 2 times a cruise. It was so worth the extra $$

I have read some favorites from the menu of Cucina del Capitano, and I am having a hard time deciding what to order. I may need to go twice. Are you allowed to order two appetizers? Here are my choices from the appetizer menu: Antipasta, Eggplant, Calamari, the Italian salad, Ceasar salad. Choices for dinner are: Steak and Short ribs and maybe Chicken Parmesean. Then for dessert: Tirimasu or Cannoli.

What are your favorites?

Food there was great and we went 5 nights on a Breeze cruise.

What are your favorites?

I'll have the calamari. steak and tiramisu.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like Calamari, convince hubby to get Nona's Meatballs, then steak and tiramisu!

Muumuu, we have had lunch there several times, and it has been wonderful each and every time. They use quality ingredients, I really like their sausage, and I am very particular about my sausage, and the pasta is always al dente, just the way we Italians like it!

It is very fresh and hot, and very fast. It is quiet up there and you get served. Very relaxing. They don't have dessert up there, so I sometimes get a dessert from the lido and bring it up with me. There is no charge.