New to Oceania

Out2See

Hi fellow cruisers,

Been pretty much exclusive to Crystal over the last few years but we'll do our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta mid-September. I'm trying to find out about dining? Are there two seatings? Open dining? Dine by reservation? Are other dining options included or is there an extra charge. I understand there is a drink package you can buy. Is is worthwhile someone who usually has one cocktail before dinner and one glass of wine with the meal? Any help would be...well, helpful. Thanks so much. Really looking forward to it.

Unlike Crystal the main dining room is open seating. You can go in anytime and request any table size. The two alternative restaurants which are free of charge do require reservations which you can make on line ahead of time. Depending on your cabin category (the higher the category the sooner you can make reservations) you get a certain number of reservations. If you're in a penthouse or above you can have your butler help you secure extra reservations on board. Even in a regular cabin you can often get extra reservations yourself.

As for the beverage package if you like top shelf liquor you need to go for the Premium package but for one drink and one glass of wine I'm not sure it's worth it.

Also consider bringing on board a few bottles of good wine and paying the corkage fee instead of ordering off their list. Once open they'll keep the bottle for you and deliver it to wherever you're dining at no extra charge.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you are sailing this Sept then book the Specialty restaurants NOW

they close the reservations online a week before sailing

You can share with others or just dine alone ..your choice

For a couple of drinks a day I would pay as you drink ;)

I think Henry covered all the other questions for you

Enjoy

Lyn

There is also the Terrace restaurant which is a casual restaurant. Unlike Crystal -- no reservation is needed.

Also if you want some additional specialty bookings you can try to get them in the morning at the Terrace Cafe during the breakfast period. There is no extra charge (unlike Crystal) and it helps if you are willing to share a table.

Thank you so much. You've told me everything I wanted to know. Then I remembered one more. DO they charge for cokes, sodas, bottled water, cappuccinos and other non-alcoholic beverages. Thanks again.

Edited by Out2See

Thank you so much. You've told me everything I wanted to know. Then I remembered one more. DO they charge for cokes, sodas, bottled water, cappuccinos and other non-alcoholic beverages. Thanks again.

NO

Only alcoholic beverages have a fee

Hi fellow cruisers,

Been pretty much exclusive to Crystal over the last few years but we'll do our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta mid-September. I'm trying to find out about dining? Are there two seatings? Open dining? Dine by reservation? Are other dining options included or is there an extra charge. I understand there is a drink package you can buy. Is is worthwhile someone who usually has one cocktail before dinner and one glass of wine with the meal? Any help would be...well, helpful. Thanks so much. Really looking forward to it.

Glad to help....but you should get on your Travel Agent, they should have explained everything to to when or before you booked... They should have told you all this...Id look for another seriously

Its 180 from Crystal Regatta a very classy country hotel ambiance No extra charge for any meal at any specialty, and no limit on reservations on the ship but your initially limited on line....but again not on the ship All open seating, no 2 seatings, no formal dress up or faux posh stuff. Open seatings

You can buy the package on board at any time during the cruise, wait a few days and decide for drinks...

The meals and quality are outstanding and there is no charge at all for anything... Lobster at lunch...no problem daily in every restaurant every day.

People entertain themselves as O isnt an entertainment focus ...its people and dining focus. and again casual dress, collar shirt and slacks jacket...of you want tie only if you wish, ... its low key and ambiance you can cut with a knife..

Ask your agent about getting pre paid gratuities and extra OBC..if he is good thats what he can do.

Finally read through these forums to get a feel...it will help. you get a grasp on what goes on.....and again welcome aboard Regatta is one of the most beautiful ships afloat....and just 600 passengers

Thank you all so much. So helpful.

I can't fire my travel agent because I didn't make the booking. A dear friend has asked me to travel with him for my big birthday so I haven't been given a lot of info. It's the first Oceania for both of us after decades on Crystal.

Again, thanks for the help. I'll give you a full report.

Jim