Still use card to get in safe?

dcruisers

Cruising on the Pride in 3 weeks. This will be our 3rd time on Pride.

Have they upgraded safe to key pad? It's more convenient using a key pad than a credit card or card with strip.

With the card - I found that if I had the card we were using my DH would need to get in the safe when I was out and vice versa!

Thanks.

Edited by dcruisers

Sorry, can't answer your question for the Pride specifically, but we ran into the same problem with having to use a swipe card aboard the Conquest. If one of us kept it, the other would need it. So we hid the card in the room so it'd always be there when one of us needed it.

This is what we do for the ships that have safes needing a card to open. We just find a place to hide it.

Cruising on the Pride in 3 weeks. This will be our 3rd time on Pride.

Have they upgraded safe to key pad? It's more convenient using a key pad than a credit card or card with strip.

With the card - I found that if I had the card we were using my DH would need to get in the safe when I was out and vice versa!

Thanks.

Only on old ships.

I was on the Pride the first full week of August. We were in cabin 6185 and had the card swipe lock;, but a flat screen t.v.. I have heard others saying that they had the older CRT type t.v.. Maybe, Carnival is updating their safes and t.v.s gradually, We had to use a card with a current balance on it to work properly. We tried using two different expired cards but they would not work. The answer to your specific question will most likely only be answered by someone that has actually stayed in your cabin recently. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!:)