Getaway IConcierge - does it work well?i

Freckles_51

Okay. Got it. One other question: We are in connecting studio room that the other person does not have a smart phone. If I am booking shows like comedy burn the floor etc. can I reserve for 2 people?

Yes, think you can do reservations up to 6 people.

I believe many are wrongfully linking the app performance to the wifi signal...If the app is crashing, it's the app's fault, if you have problems connecting or delays sending/receiving communication, it's usually the wifi signal.

They could greatly expand the app, on my POA cruise which ended yesterday you couldn't see all specialty restaurants menus...You could attempt to make a reservation if there was an available slot but if not there wasn't a way to join a waiting list nor would it let me know there was another restaurant with a slot available. Worse, if you called the restaurant directly, they found a way to get a reservation. Couldn't book any spa appointments with the app. Ultimately goal is to never to reach a "dead end" in the app, instead of going to the restaurant first, you should pick a day you want to dine, it gives you availability at every restaurant and allow you to get on a waiting list since cancellations are somewhat common. You should also be able ot book anything with entertainment or spa in addition to ordering any food, whether morning breakfast, room service or in suite dining. Hope it gets there along with fast and affordable someday soon before Virgin Cruise deploys their first ship

• 3 weeks later...

Well my cruise is over, the app did not work well at all, in fact most times it was constantly "connecting", and we could not even get the free information.:(

We did not pay the messaging fee, which is now $14.99. :eek:

If we had done so, we would have asked for a refund.

I don't know why it would work so well on the POA and hardly work at all on the Getaway. Perhaps it was due to the number of users, Getaway being such a big ship compared to POA :confused:

Well my cruise is over, the app did not work well at all, in fact most times it was constantly "connecting", and we could not even get the free information.:(

I don't know why it would work so well on the POA and hardly work at all on the Getaway. Perhaps it was due to the number of users, Getaway being such a big ship compared to POA :confused:

Agree 100%. I was on the same cruise and we DID pay the $14.99 fee, since we were travelling with friends. It worked about 50% of the time for messaging, otherwise it was "connecting" and we ended up either rebooting the phone entirely or just turning the wifi on and off to reset everything. In hindsight I should have asked for the $14.99 back but at the end of the cruise I guess I just couldn't be bothered to fight about it with guest services.

Other than that, hopefully you had a good trip Freckles.