trying Anthem, Am I allowed to bring bottled water on board?

amydandrea

I have cruised RC one time, and NCL several times, and as many know, there have been a lot of changes to NCL in the last year or two, some positive, some not. I am looking at a Jan cruise on Anthem out of Bayonne vs. NCL 14 day on Breakaway. We have always carried a case of water on board on NCL, but now that is a no-no. I am wondering if it is allowed on RC? I did research a little but only found threads from 2011, so, at the risk of repeating..can anyone answer this for me without reprimanding me..;) Also, while we are at it, if you have been on Anthem, I'd love to hear your feedback! thank you in advance for your feedback :):D

thanks! I could just pack a few in my bag I suppose, and if they open it and take it out, that answers that! As far as the two bottles of wine, do they charge a corkage fee? thank you for your answer!

No corkage fee charged for wine and you can bring it anywhere on the ship to drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have always carried a case of water on board on NCL, but now that is a no-no. I am wondering if it is allowed on RC?

We've checked cases of bottled water for the last 4 cruises, and have always had them delivered to our stateroom without fail. The key is to make sure it stays in its original shrink-wrapped packaging. Tape one of your preprinted luggage tags to it with some clear packaging tape, and make sure to tip your porter generously. Saved us major bucks on the bottled water packages every time. :)

I brought a case of water on two weeks ago. I kept it in a carryon and wheeled it onboard. The security person did open up the case and look over the bottles. He told us that some people empty the waters and put alcohol in the bottles. My kids enjoyed that tip.

I was on the anthem in december I put my bottle water and a 6 pack of soda on a duffel bag by itself and put a luggage tag on it. It aarrived at my cabin no problem. We loved the anthem it is a beautiful ship. Be sure to check out cafe 270 for a quiet place to read or watch sailaway from ports. Have a wonderful trip.

Just a quick tip be sure to reserve dining and entertainment before you board. :)