Getting of ships to ports

Seems silly. But other than a passport and some cash and of course what you plan to do that day in port, what else do you bring? As far as documents? Will just a passport be enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always leave our passports in the safe on the ship while in the Caribbean; not sure what other countries require but the ship's staff should advise all passengers of what they will need to go ashore.:rolleyes: Most importantly, you will definitely need your "sea pass", as you will not be allowed to re-board without it!:eek: If you tell us what ship, and when/where you are going, we can give more detailed information!;) Welcome to Cruise Critic and Royal Caribbean!!

If you are worried that the ship might leave without you, then bring your passport. Otherwise, a copy of the passport will do fine.

You will need your room key and a government issued ID. Yes, your passport is a government issued ID and a copy of the passport is not. I bring my driver's license.

Some small bills (some $1s, $5s and maybe a few $10s) and one or two credit cards.

A camera. If you are going to do a lot of walking, I suggest a small P&S over a heavy DSLR.

Anything special you need for your outing.

We take a small backpack. Good for sunscreen, a couple towels etc if it's a beach or water day. Of course I'm the one who ends up carrying it....:D It's also good for any purchases we might make in town. We take a waterproof camera if snorkeling, waterfalls, beaches etc are involved.

As for passport, see another thread going on now, it's always an ENDLESS debate here when it comes up. It's entirely up to you whether to take them or not.

Thanks for ALL the replies. I did look at some passport threads. Now I remember that issue. It just slipped my mind. I think because it's homecoming week, I have two cheerleaders, going to XC meet tomorrow then driving 12 hrs to get to the port tomorrow. I am sure I am prepared. But now I feel like I don't have everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH takes a water wallet in his zippered swim trunks.

They look like Kahkis, and even if he does not swim, it holds our money and drivers licenses safely.

We usually leave the ship with our sea pass, drivers license and $$small bills and sometimes a credit card.

These swim shorts were the best deal for mens shorts, and bought a couple pair at gander mountain this spring. They actually do not look like swim shorts.

Safe travels.