Anthem eliminates Dynamic Dining

TeeRick

I agree. It's a shame they took the chandelier down on Oasis. . I wasn't aware that they did that to Allure too. Wonder what they are doing to Harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmony's three levels are decorated as Icon, Grande, and Silk. There is an open area and chandelier, which I think is orange.

Actually, the size of the open area was not changed.

There were no structural changes to Oasis and Allure's MDRs. Only redecoration.

Really? When we were on Oasis last September, the open area seemed significantly smaller than is used to be. Maybe the change in decor messed up our perception.

Harmony's three levels are decorated as Icon, Grande, and Silk. There is an open area and chandelier, which I think is orange.

All MDR levels always had different names so it's the decor that changed. Recently did a B2B on Oasis and honestly can't remember what level we were on. Must not have been Silk - I would have remembered that.

Really? When we were on Oasis last September, the open area seemed significantly smaller than is used to be. Maybe the change in decor messed up our perception.

Pre dry dock: http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/nf01028e.jpg

Post dry dock: http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/allure-of-the-seas-530/the-grande-restaurant-175954/the-grande-restaurant--v9447153/

Doesn't look like any changes, IMO.

I agree, it does not appear different.

I've not seen Allure after dry dock, only Oasis. I'll search for some photos, because Oasis seemed to be different.

What isn't true? Making reservations was a bit of a hassle in the beginning but that's because of Royals crappy website. My friend called them, made all out reservations and linked 5 couples together. We had no issues. We even changed a couple reservations during our 12 nights once we were onboard and had no problem doing it. We loved eating at different places each night. They even let us eat in Coastal Kitchen one night. We had great service and great food. Dinners were much quicker than sitting for 3 hours in a MDR. We never waited in line for dinner.

You maybe had a different experience but we had a great one and that's why we booked it again.

They advertised DD way before the ship was even completed. They had a huge affair in NY for TA's and gave samples of food and raved about it. There were quite a few press conferences on the web about it and their website certainly had all the information. If someone didn't know about it, it's because they had no computer and/or their TA didn't tell them about it.

You posted people made reservations just to complain about DD? Is that true? They did not tell anyone about DD for months after Quantum's reservations had begun. I was one of those passengers.

Word started leaking out, then they told everyone. I never said I didn't know before I boarded, you did. If we had known how screwed up it would be we would have canceled, but we would have lost everything. We even dismissed all of the complaints in the cruises before us as growing pains, but after that cruise we avoided Quantum class until DD classic was introduced.

You had a great experience, I'm very happy for you. Many others didn't. Obviously something is/was wrong with RCI's implementation of the concept.

To your points though, I do find it strange they are stopping DD. Quantum (in Bayonne) and Anthem always sail full as far as I know. RCI must be hearing or seeing a future something that we aren't aware of.

Enjoy your future cruises! :)

To your points though, I do find it strange they are stopping DD. Quantum (in Bayonne) and Anthem always sail full as far as I know. RCI must be hearing or seeing a future something that we aren't aware of.

There must be some financial angle to this we are not seeing. I would venture to guess that dining is not very important for most folks - since this "disaster" of the DD would have kept folks away in droves. All of the other amenities the ship has is what is keeping it sailing full.

There must be some financial angle to this we are not seeing. I would venture to guess that dining is not very important for most folks - since this "disaster" of the DD would have kept folks away in droves. All of the other amenities the ship has is what is keeping it sailing full.

Yes, very good!

But you are not suggesting RCI had some sinister ulterior motive? :eek::)

LOL, As you pointed out, I am officially beating the dead you know what. :cool:

Of course it was. What cracks me up is why would people book this ship knowing it wasn't traditional dining but book anyway just so they could complain. Very disappointed with this change, but in final payment already so will go and hopefully have a great time, but won't be booking it again. Since we'll be in 1 of the 4 dining rooms for 12 nights I'd rather just do MTD in a large main dining room on another ship.

Some of us booked it because it was no flying and went to ports that we like and a chance for our family to get together for 9 days. We may replace you for a future booking now that the ship has gone back to normal:p And for the record, I don't book a cruise to complain, I wanted to give it a chance, sorry that it upset you:o

You posted people made reservations just to complain about DD? Is that true? They did not tell anyone about DD for months after Quantum's reservations had begun. I was one of those passengers.

Word started leaking out, then they told everyone. I never said I didn't know before I boarded, you did. If we had known how screwed up it would be we would have canceled, but we would have lost everything. We even dismissed all of the complaints in the cruises before us as growing pains, but after that cruise we avoided Quantum class until DD classic was introduced.

You had a great experience, I'm very happy for you. Many others didn't. Obviously something is/was wrong with RCI's implementation of the concept.

Enjoy your future cruises! :)

I don't want to argue. I should have said some people, not all people, booked it regardless even though they didn't think they would like it and they didn't like it. I didn't think I would like it but ended up loving it because it was different than their other ships. Sounds like your experience was different than ours. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Not everyone has a computer to read and book everything and that was my big concern. My aunt has no computer and organized a church group to cruise on her this past June. They did Classic and she gave all the names to the TA who arranged their dinners. When they sailed their dinners were all messed up and they never even had the same waiter. And the TA never told them they had to make reservations for shows so they were denied into the shows until my aunt made a fuss and they finally found a few seats for them. I think communication is a big factor. I think RCI needs to get their act together. We don't cruise for the food but we were looking forward to visiting all the restaurants like we did on Quantum, but it won't ruin my cruise. We will be with friends and we'll have a good time.

BTW, the whole group that went with my aunt said they would never cruise that ship again. They did about 4 on Explorer when she was in Bayonne and loved everyone of them.