Tell me about seabourn

Erikamac

Tilly, I have followed your postings on the Azamara page for quite some time with great interest. We are currently booked on an Oceania cruise from Cape Town to Singapore in February-March of 2018 that we are going to cancel because the particular itinerary for the cruise will not allow for a visit to the Taj Majal, which is a dealbreaker for us (especially my wife! :rolleyes:). I've now found a similar cruise on Seabourn, departing just 3 days later, and, primarily due to your postings, we're looking at it seriously. But I went to look at the Roll Call for the cruise, wanting to see what private tours might be in the works, and NO ONE has even started a Roll Call. :eek: Is that normal? Will activity pick up significantly in the coming months? Or will this be a DIY cruise in terms of tours?

There's discussion of a diy Taj Mahal organised by cox and kings India on the 5 Dec 16 roll call. Sojourn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NO ONE has even started a Roll Call. :eek: Is that normal? Will activity pick up significantly in the coming months? Or will this be a DIY cruise in terms of tours?

My experience with Seabourn roll calls is that they tend to be relatively sleepy but sometimes pick up fairly close to the cruise. I'd say that it's awfully early for a roll call for spring 2018 to be active so I wouldn't assume that you won't be able to find tour mates just because of that.

That said, I've not found the Seabourn crowd to be overly concerned with finding others to share tours.

There's discussion of a diy Taj Mahal organised by cox and kings India on the 5 Dec 16 roll call. Sojourn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, but I would be terrified to do the Taj Mahal with anyone but the cruise line. I'm actually more interested in tours at the other ports.

In general, you will find fewer people on the roll call boards on Seabourn than on Oceania simply because there are fewer passengers. Also, many Seabourn passengers, myself included, prefer private tours for themselves and do not seek to share. But I am sure traffic will pick up closer to sailing time as has been mentioned.

Which is why I've written off Regent - I find their prices, well, stupid. I'm booked on an Oceania T/A for $6,000 less than Regent for the same size cabin and essentially same itinerary. And that includes an upgrade to business class for the flight to Barcelona. "Included" is only a bargain if you would make use of the "included" items.

Golfguyhhi - just out of curiosity, which itineraries were you comparing? We're longtime Regent cruisers, but we've been looking at options due to Regent's 'price-creep' and Seabourn is at the top of our alternative list. I knew Regent was getting pricey, but I've never seen quite that much of a gap in an 'apples-to-apples' comparison...