What does "Full Dining Service" actually mean for Suites?

Swarzet34

Hi everyone, I'm travelling in a Sky Suite on Connie for the first time and understand one of the perks is "Full In-suite Dining Service" - does this mean we can order an item from the MDR or Luminae and it will be served in our suite? Has anyone actually done this or can provide some advice? Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm travelling in a Sky Suite on Connie for the first time and understand one of the perks is "Full In-suite Dining Service" - does this mean we can order an item from the MDR or Luminae and it will be served in our suite? Has anyone actually done this or can provide some advice? Thanks!

In most staterooms if you order a meal on room service it will be delivered by room service and all come at once....In a suite your butler will serve your meal course by course, clearing away, serving coffee to finish.

Meals are from the MDR menu, not Luminae. We rarely use room service but the odd time we have we have discussed during the day with our butler what we want and when as we are aware it is time consuming for them. Whilst they will sort 'last minute' they do appreciate you letting them know if possible. This communication has had a couple of benefits for us....On one occasion we were struggling to decide on deserts and the butler offered to bring us a cheese selection instead (it was wonderful and not the usual MDR offering). On another occasion our butler remembered we liked Indian food and offered to arrange something special for us....it was a fabulous meal.

As I said, we rarely dine in the room, too many nice dining venues on the ship but after a long day excursion, or if you are in a larger suite and would like to entertain guests in can be really nice. Have a great cruise!

In most staterooms if you order a meal on room service it will be delivered by room service and all come at once....In a suite your butler will serve your meal course by course, clearing away, serving coffee to finish.

Meals are from the MDR menu, not Luminae. We rarely use room service but the odd time we have we have discussed during the day with our butler what we want and when as we are aware it is time consuming for them. Whilst they will sort 'last minute' they do appreciate you letting them know if possible. This communication has had a couple of benefits for us....On one occasion we were struggling to decide on deserts and the butler offered to bring us a cheese selection instead (it was wonderful and not the usual MDR offering). On another occasion our butler remembered we liked Indian food and offered to arrange something special for us....it was a fabulous meal.

As I said, we rarely dine in the room, too many nice dining venues on the ship but after a long day excursion, or if you are in a larger suite and would like to entertain guests in can be really nice. Have a great cruise!

I stayed in a celebrity suite last time and ordered in a few times, it was never delivered course by course. :/

I stayed in a celebrity suite last time and ordered in a few times, it was never delivered course by course. :/

That is often mentioned, it is not a written Celebrity perk, it really depends on your Butler.

I would think the Full Dining Service is just advertising. Celebrity has had a full dining service for all cabins for a long time.

Edited by dkjretired

We've only had it done course by course once although we only ordered 3 times for dinner (different cruises).

Once was a formal night and the football playoff games were on :rolleyes: actually one of our favorite cruise memories...we had so much fun. The food was brought all at once. By the time we ate appetizer and soup, main meal was cool.

The other times course by course...one on our hump balcony in a CS and the other time was in a RS which was nice given the dining room table.

If your butler is not serving your meal course by course, he/she needs more training. That is the way meals are to be served in suites. Have a conversation with the head butler or the concierge in Michael's Club.

This has become more common, lots of recent posts on this that it is not being done course by course. I was surprised to find that nowhere does Celebrity have this in writing as a perk. I guess its just custom and I'm guessing that butlers have more rooms and maybe can't do it anymore.

Great question and you have lots of good answers. Congratulations on your first post. :)

This has become more common, lots of recent posts on this that it is not being done course by course. I was surprised to find that nowhere does Celebrity have this in writing as a perk. I guess its just custom and I'm guessing that butlers have more rooms and maybe can't do it anymore.

Well, if that happens to me on my October cruise, it will be the last time I book a suite on Celebrity. Dumbing down the service and vastly increasing the prices is a combo that does not work for me.

Well, if that happens to me on my October cruise, it will be the last time I book a suite on Celebrity. Dumbing down the service and vastly increasing the prices is a combo that does not work for me.

I was in RS suite on the Solstice in July, and most of the time my butler didn't even bring our food. I think he only delivered it twice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been quite surprised by the responses on this thread. As I said in my earlier post we have rarely dined in suite but when we have it has been served course by course. We do tend to book RS or PH but this shouldn't make a difference this is an all suite perk.

I suggest if you do decide to dine in suit you talk to your butler on ordering and tell him you want it delivered course by course. Much nicer than eating cold food and less hassle for everyone than him bringing it all in one go and you asking him to take some of it back to keep warm....

We've had butlers serve dinner course by course a number of times ... and it was a wonderful experience each time. It sure beats the main course getting cold while you enjoyed the starter courses first as another posted mentioned. We've had both great and "so so" butlers on Celebrity. There were some occasions where the butler was going to bring the entire meal at once, but only served in courses as we spoke up and inquired. On one cruise when family members were traveling with us, we were in a suite in port side and they were on starboard. We had somewhat of a dud butler, but our relatives had a fantastic one. One night the four of us had dinner en suite. We knew to go to their suite as their butler was so much more accommodating and cheerfully served us course by course. So if you want to be served in courses, by all means communicate this with your butler. Since this isn't addressed in writing by Celebrity, it's no wonder people report different experiences. I also agree to be flexible timewise with a butler who's eager to please and happy to serve in courses since they have other suites to attend to as well.

Edited by BEAV