Which wines are in the Silver Package

LindaRochdale

smokey01...you can get a bottle in any dining room to have in your cabin, elsewhere on the ship or to take home. We took home a couple of bottles of our favorites that we discovered during our cruise.

I've had the wine package numerous time & never experienced having any of our choices being out of stock but as you can read that's a possibility.

I'm so surprised that the wine package is not available to order online, nor advertised on the Princess website. They could easily add a disclaimer that specific types of wine might not be available onboard. The uncertainty of whether the package will definitely be offered is enough to make me decide to forgo the risk and pre-purchase our wine beforehand.

Definitely a money loser for Princess that I don't understand. :confused:

I agree, I wish Princess would have the wine package available online. It seems a bit hit and miss as to whether it is offered. The lack of availability of wines seems like a pathetic excuse, not a reality. After all, if Princess is selling AIBPs then they are obliged to offer a reasonable selection of wines by the glass otherwise they are ripping the AIBP customers off. Princess wine lists have plenty of choice, especially if wines up to $45 are included as per the Gold package.

We've decided not to get the AIBP on our upcoming Royal cruise as the wines that we like from the selection available by the glass are very limited. Also we've had problems in the past with wine service in the MDR, not being able to get extra glasses of wine when we want them, which means we don't get value for money from the AIBP.

We're hoping the the Gold wine package will be offered - it's a 21 night cruise but was also sold as two smaller cruises of 10 and 11 nights. It's annoying not being able to know for certain that the package will be available, and where it will be available to purchase(MDR, Horizon Court, Alfredo's?). We usually like to go to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day and enjoy wine with our lunch so hopefully we can buy it then.

Also if you happen to select a bottle that is more than $29 you will just pay the difference in the price. So if you buy a $32 bottle of wine they will credit you with the $29 and charge you $32 so you pay the difference of $3.

You shouldn't have a problem getting wine in Rome or Barcelona. I think we may have a problem as our ship sails from Southhampton to Sydney but we only get on in Singapore. The wine onboard may be a bit depleted by then, I may need to come up with a plan B too. Does anyone know if there is a wine shop at the cruise terminal in Singapore?

Love this web site, so many people helping complete strangers to enjoy their holidays. Thank you all.

Forget about buying wine in Singapore. It'll be much cheaper on the ship. Those pesky passengers from Southhampton can't possibly drink the ship dry. :evilsmile: