Upsell from Inside to Mini Suite for this weekend

Rickdog99

Hi

I got a wonderful for this weekend's Getaway 9/18 sailing. We had an Inside Stateroom (Cat IC) and for $200 each, $400 total, got upsold to a Family Mini Suite Balcony. I thought that was a fabulous deal as it would have been another $1000 more versus what we paid when you do a mock booking. We still retain the $150 OBC and UBP. Thanks to all the advice on this forum or I would have had no idea of the Upsell line. Appreciate it. Does everyone agree that I got a great deal?

Ricky

Rickdog,

As of today a category IC is going for 879 and Family mini suite prices about 1074. You must have paid less than 879 for the cat IC. That seems like a lot of money for an inside, especially when the inside guarantee is 279.

Sounds almost like they charged you the difference between the going rates on the rooms.

Rickdog,

As of today a category IC is going for 879 and Family mini suite prices about 1074. You must have paid less than 879 for the cat IC. That seems like a lot of money for an inside, especially when the inside guarantee is 279.

Sounds almost like they charged you the difference between the going rates on the rooms.

Hi

Rates have dropped since I booked back in January. For the same category suite today (M2), if I would have booked today, it would have been $1000 more total, and we paid $400 more. My original fare was $1018, and now they show me at $1418 before junk fees with my kid being no charge.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

What's the number?

Is it worth trying to call? I paid 399 for balcony guarantee but they did have a suite guarantee for 699. If I could get a suite room choice so I get the promos it would be worth the extra money to me.

I don't believe you get the promos if u have guarantee rooms.

I paid 399 for balcony guarantee but they did have a suite guarantee for 699. If I could get a suite room choice so I get the promos it would be worth the extra money to me.
You would get the promos if you paid the current price for any suite category. It doesn't matter if it's a GTY booking. Despite what everyone thinks, the promo does not exclude guarantee bookings per se; it excludes the specific categories IX/OX/BX/MX.

So all suites get all the perks, but again only if you pay the current full price. Not if you upsell in to a suite. As CRAustin just said, when you upsell, you keep the perks from your original booking. You do not get the perks associated with the new stateroom category.

You would get the promos if you paid the current price for any suite category. It doesn't matter if it's a GTY booking. Despite what everyone thinks, the promo does not exclude guarantee bookings per se; it excludes the specific categories IX/OX/BX/MX.

So all suites get all the perks, but again only if you pay the current full price. Not if you upsell in to a suite. As CRAustin just said, when you upsell, you keep the perks from your original booking. You do not get the perks associated with the new stateroom category.

I'm new to NCL and I just booked gty balcony yesterday.

If I understand you correctly, if I call my Personal Repr and ask to pay the asking price for a suite gty, I will get all four perks?

Hi

I got a wonderful for this weekend's Getaway 9/18 sailing. We had an Inside Stateroom (Cat IC) and for $200 each, $400 total, got upsold to a Family Mini Suite Balcony. I thought that was a fabulous deal as it would have been another $1000 more versus what we paid when you do a mock booking. We still retain the $150 OBC and UBP. Thanks to all the advice on this forum or I would have had no idea of the Upsell line. Appreciate it. Does everyone agree that I got a great deal?

Ricky

Agree! Congratulations.

I'm new to NCL and I just booked gty balcony yesterday.

If I understand you correctly, if I call my Personal Repr and ask to pay the asking price for a suite gty, I will get all four perks?

I don't pay much attention to suites, but I think it is very rare for them to offer GTY bookings for any suite categories. And you can't volunteer to go GTY in order to get a lower price. But aside from that, yes, if you pay the current full price for a suite, you should get all the promo perks for suites. Of course you should confirm this with your PCC before doing anything!

What's the number?

Is it worth trying to call? I paid 399 for balcony guarantee but they did have a suite guarantee for 699. If I could get a suite room choice so I get the promos it would be worth the extra money to me.

I don't believe you get the promos if u have guarantee rooms.

Hi Cruise_Fanatic,

You asked for the Upsell dept phone # and OP seems to refuse to share that info with you. OP just wants to brag about his deal and keep the info to himself.

Some help, eh, on these forums!

But anyways, here is the Upsell Dept direct phone #

(800) 625-4309

They are open Mon-Fri ONLY 9:00am to 5:30pm Eastern Time

Thanks,

Fred

Edited by nipponcruiser

I don't pay much attention to suites, but I think it is very rare for them to offer GTY bookings for any suite categories. And you can't volunteer to go GTY in order to get a lower price. But aside from that, yes, if you pay the current full price for a suite, you should get all the promo perks for suites. Of course you should confirm this with your PCC before doing anything!

They are offering s gty mini suite, but PCC says I should just call for up sells since we are 3 weeks out from sailing. Thx for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on my 2nd NCL cruise next April on Breakaway. Regular balcony with Free at Sea. This is the first I have heard of Upsell. How common is this? And when should I be phoning to try it? Thanks.

I've read that two weeks prior is when you should start calling.

They are offering s gty mini suite
OK, but mini-suites are not suites. You don't get any additional perks with a mini-suite. It's the same as a balcony in that respect (and in many other ways).

If the category is MX, you don't get any perks at all. If it's a higher mini-suite category, you currently get two perks (even if it's a guarantee booking).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

OK, but mini-suites are not suites. You don't get any additional perks with a mini-suite. It's the same as a balcony in that respect (and in many other ways).

If the category is MX, you don't get any perks at all. If it's a higher mini-suite category, you currently get two perks (even if it's a guarantee booking).

Thanks for the help.