Platinum Gift/Splendor

seattleny

I got off the Inspiration on Friday. Ugly Crocs visor. I asked both my cabin steward and guest services if there was anything else I could swap it for, and there wasn't.

BUT, in Ensenada I decided to go kayaking. And I'd forgotten to pack my sun hat. So there was that ugly visor...

The Carnival logo and VIFP label are both removable, so I took them off, which made the visor marginally more attractive. And I wore it the whole day. It has a soft strip along the front so it actually was comfortable, and I found I was glad to have it on my kayaking trip (which was really fun!).

So in short, even though I hated it when I saw it, I ended up finding it useful!

I got off the Inspiration on Friday. Ugly Crocs visor. I asked both my cabin steward and guest services if there was anything else I could swap it for, and there wasn't.

BUT, in Ensenada I decided to go kayaking. And I'd forgotten to pack my sun hat. So there was that ugly visor...

The Carnival logo and VIFP label are both removable, so I took them off, which made the visor marginally more attractive. And I wore it the whole day. It has a soft strip along the front so it actually was comfortable, and I found I was glad to have it on my kayaking trip (which was really fun!).

So in short, even though I hated it when I saw it, I ended up finding it useful!

Thanks for the Kayak review. Never knew anyone who went on it.

Glad the visor worked out.

@SadieN

I didn't take the official Carnival kayak tour, though I saw them out there at the same time we were there. I found a guy who runs similar kayak tours. They're much cheaper, though when you factor the taxi ride in, it's only a bit cheaper for 2 people. If you had more people it would be even a bigger savings because you could share the taxi. But it was just my daughter and I with the guide, as opposed to the carnival group which looked to be about 20 people. And they were all in double kayaks, while we were in singles. But I'm sure they had a great time, too - weather was beautiful and there was so much to see!

Wife and got visors in Aug. on the Magic. I put it on 2 of the towel animals and left

them there. When I tried to take them off the rowels started to yell for the room steward, so I just left them there. I think I saw the towels smile as we left wit our carry on's.

Happy cruising.

Anyone know what gift will be given in November. How can I find out what will be the next gift. Maybe a rain coat, or umbrella that goes the current gift. What ever it is I'll take it and smile :):):):D:D Thanks

Sail On

I am on the Splendor now. I got the croc visor....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you get a chance, please find out from your steward if he/she knows how many of those hideous things are left? I cruise in about a month.

Also, what cabin/section are you in? Are you getting twice a day cabin service?

Thanks.

I am going to see if they have anything else, so I'll ask if they have a lot. I'm on deck 6 forward. I got the form that you checked morning/evening or both.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response! I will be on deck 2 aft.

Please report on the rest of the cruise when you return. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...