Signature Beverage Package

GeriatricNurse

No you can not share the Signature Beverage package with anyone else.

It is loaded onto your ID card.

You are allowed to get 15 drinks a day -- includes bottled water, specialty coffees, covers any drink up to a value of $8 -- which is quite a few drinks even with the price raise about a year ago.

It does not cover drinks from the mini bar in your cabin. And it can not be used on HAL's private island.

You also cannot use it for water (or soda) on the gangway on port days. They say it is because they do not have a register there to handle it.

Apparently, this varies by ship. A couple people reported that they could use it for water at the gangway. However, I'd play it safe and get my water at the Lido or a bar before heading down to exit the ship.

Also note that you can't use the SBP on Half Moon Cay.

I am interested in booking a cruise with the beverage package included. My question is: If I wanted to take a couple glasses of wine back to my cabin to sip on, is that allowed or can I only get one glass at a time. I am not thinking of sharing the other glass, just wanted to make only one trip to the bar.

I am interested in booking a cruise with the beverage package included. My question is: If I wanted to take a couple glasses of wine back to my cabin to sip on, is that allowed or can I only get one glass at a time. I am not thinking of sharing the other glass, just wanted to make only one trip to the bar.

My understanding is one drink at a time.

What I have seen at Exploration cafe in the morning would be one person picking up two specialty coffees but using two room key cards. I would imagine the spouse is waiting back in the cabin for the first coffee of the day. Possibly that could work with the wine?

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What I have seen at Exploration cafe in the morning would be one person picking up two specialty coffees but using two room key cards. I would imagine the spouse is waiting back in the cabin for the first coffee of the day. Possibly that could work with the wine?

Jim

I have never had a problem getting two drinks if I had two cards.

Jim

Thanks for the good info. Using two cards might work for two glasses of wine. Only problem is -- I'm sailing solo. I also saw a recent wine by the glass list and there really isn't much available in the $8 and under range. If you go over, do you just pay the difference or is that not allowed.

Thanks for the good info. Using two cards might work for two glasses of wine. Only problem is -- I'm sailing solo. I also saw a recent wine by the glass list and there really isn't much available in the $8 and under range. If you go over, do you just pay the difference or is that not allowed.

That is not allowed.

IMO, the house Chardonay is not bad - give it a try. Stay away from the house reds.

Does anyone have a list of the cocktail prices in the HAL bars? Aren't most of them (Bloody Marys, scotch on the rocks, gin and tonic, etc.) going to be more than $8? :(

No, we have found that almost all drinks are under $8, unless you specify premium liquor. HAL is not bad on its drink prices IMO.

Edited by DaveOKC

Looking at our last receipts, I see many of our drinks were $8.34 after the service chg (tip) applied. So am I correct that we could not get these drinks on this type pkg?

No, you are not correct.

The price of the drink, before service charge is calculated, must be $8 or less for it to count under the SBP. If the service charge brings the total amount to $8.34, it must cost less than $8 before the service charge was added since the service charge is 15%.