Advice please complaint pumps cabin noise compensatin help

cosytoes

The pumps were not broken, if so the pool would not empty/refill. I guess some have never heard the pump on a dishwasher or the hum of a hot tub pump:rolleyes:

Actually - I have a gunite pool and a dishwasher and I can assure you that when they are operating properly they would certainly not keep anyone awake at night. BUT - when our filter pump was not working correctly on the pool and couldn't maintain suction - it still worked enough but was VERY noisy from the air getting in. This is a maintenance issue - not because they had what should have been a fairly quiet room.

The attitude on this site that someone should research and know everything possible about their cabin OR assume that average folks that cruise know that any cabin would be a BAD cabin is just absurd. And had the OP selected this cabin as it may even have presented itself as the best of choices had they not done guaranteed - would you then still be blaming them for the selection?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually - I have a gunite pool and a dishwasher and I can assure you that when they are operating properly they would certainly not keep anyone awake at night. BUT - when our filter pump was not working correctly on the pool and couldn't maintain suction - it still worked enough but was VERY noisy from the air getting in. This is a maintenance issue - not because they had what should have been a fairly quiet room.

The attitude on this site that someone should research and know everything possible about their cabin OR assume that average folks that cruise know that any cabin would be a BAD cabin is just absurd. And had the OP selected this cabin as it may even have presented itself as the best of choices had they not done guaranteed - would you then still be blaming them for the selection?

Same answer, the pumps were not broken

Update and my last post about this.

Thanks for your help and formula. We are now home and have internet again.

We went back and made a counter offer as you suggested which was accepted immediately so we could draw a line under the matter.

Apart from the cabin issues we had great food and good entertainment as well as better weather than expected for September and some very interesting ports of call.

I'm so glad you got it resolved. It seems more in line with what I suggested earlier too.

I would hope those that were so harsh would have read the whole post and not make assumptions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did read the entire post and I stick by my comments. Royal compensated them but very obviously, they wanted more. It isn't Royal's fault if they made a bad choice to save some money...seriously, people need to take some responsibility for their choices. You know the old adage, "you get what you pay for"!!!! If they were first-time cruisers it would be more understandable.....bottom line...THEY AREN'T!!!!

I did read the entire post and I stick by my comments. Royal compensated them but very obviously, they wanted more. It isn't Royal's fault if they made a bad choice to save some money...seriously, people need to take some responsibility for their ch

oices. You know the old adage, "you get what you pay for"!!!! If they were first-time cruisers it would be more understandable.....bottom line...THEY AREN'T!!!![/quote

That's your opinion only!! Sure doesn't make it right. I understand where she coming from.you didn't pay for their cruise you didn't experience their trouble. So don't be judgemental.

I don't care if first or 100th cruise if your not happy it needs to be taken care of. Bottom line!!!!!

Edited by Mycruises62

Wow - why the harsh words? Why is it the OPs 'mistake' that the pumps were broken? The OP was perfectly happy with the location of the Guarantee cabin.

OP knew their room number BEFORE getting on the ship.. It's on your setsail pass, and check in paperwork.. How hard was it to look up the location, and read reviews.. It's not.. OP should take responsibility.. They had ample opportunity to change cabins before the cruise..

OP knew their room number BEFORE getting on the ship.. It's on your setsail pass, and check in paperwork.. How hard was it to look up the location, and read reviews.. It's not.. OP should take responsibility.. They had ample opportunity to change cabins before the cruise..

What makes you think they could change their cabin? As reported earlier in the thread they are from the UK and cannot change a Guarantee room unlike those from US.

Further more - since it was admitted to be improperly working hardware - what makes you think reviews spoke of this? It was sandwiched between staterooms on all sides in the deck diagrams per the OP.

TigerLady, that is my point exactly. Sadly, there are people who are always looking for a way to get something for nothing and that won't change. By reading this thread, it's easy to see those types are in the minority.....and that's a very good thing. ;) Hope everyone has a great week. 40 days and definitely counting!!!! LOL

Edited by mistymusic

TigerLady, that is my point exactly. Sadly, there are people who are always looking for a way to get something for nothing and that won't change. By reading this thread, it's easy to see those types are in the minority.....and that's a very good thing. ;) Hope everyone has a great week. 40 days and definitely counting!!!! LOL

Not everyone is looking for something free. Just because you're roll over like a dog. Some people won't, I 've never complained about a cruise, but if there was an issue I might.

You should not judge people. You keep rolling over like a dog, haha

YOU GROW UP!!!

Edited by Mycruises62

The Guarantee Cabin still comes with a reasonable expectation of being able to sleep and not being disrupted BY FAULTY MACHINERY! This is not nightclub or housekeeping cart noise!!

+1

The cheerleaders are ignoring that this is not a routine problem. This was a maintenance issue that had to be fixed. No one should have to stay in a cabin that is virtually uninhabitable. You pay for a decent night's sleep.

And I'm so tired of always being told to suck it up. That's what's wrong. People take whatever is dished out to them. When things are wrong, complain. Why does everything have to go to the lowest common denominator? Why aren't we trying to raise standards as opposed to lowering them all the time?

Unreasonable noise, dripping water in a cabin, non-functioning sinks.

Why would anyone put up with this in their cabin? If they had this at home, would they continue to live like that?

I think it's reasonable to ask for complimentary dinners at one of the fine restaurants on board.