Purchasing WiFi

kwbtraveler

Well this has probably been asked before, but where do I purchase WiFi access? We leave this Friday on the Inspiration and would like to purchase WiFi. I noticed that it was not offered for purchase prior to boarding; so where to purchase when we get on the ship. Thanks! :)

It's very easy to purchase a plan. Just open your browser and you'll be directed to a page to select a plan. Sometimes they give you some extra minutes for signing up the first day of the cruise.

Carnival's wifi is no longer "by the minute," but rather you purchase a specific tier of service by the day or for the entire cruise.

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

When you get on ship make sure to put any cell phone on airplane mode or you may incur steep fees from your carrier. When you turn the wifi on on your device the ships system will prompt you with the available packages. If it doesn't you can go to the Internet Kiosks they have set up and it will allow you to purchase it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like it will support Skype video. Can I assume it will also assume Facetime Audio since that should actually require less bandwidth? Just trying to think of ways I'll be able to keep in touch with work at less cost than paying a ridiculous cell phone minute rate.

That's what they say. I wouldn't count on it though. I've purchased the most expensive plan on my last three cruises and I haven't been able to stream any video at all. I could stream audio the first time I bought the plan. The second time I could only stream audio late at night. This last cruise I could only stream audio late the first night. I wonder if I'm getting screwed purchasing the most expensive plan...but If I don't I'll be wondering if it would be faster if I upgraded. imessage and email has worked pretty much all of the time.

Edited by Saint Greg