Dance Host Program and Dance Instructors

123cats

Maybe someone who is on Facebook could post a question to get HAL to truly clarify what their plan is/ what the change is.

Their clear message was lost in the spin.

The question was asked-haven't seen an answer yet.

Maybe someone who is on Facebook could post a question to get HAL to truly clarify what their plan is/ what the change is.

Their clear message was lost in the spin.

The question was asked-haven't seen an answer yet.

No reply from HAL, but a poster stated that they had read the priests will remain and other religions - only when there is a sacred holiday will the ministers/rabbi, etc be on board.

No reply from HAL, but a poster stated that they had read the priests will remain and other religions - only when there is a sacred holiday will the ministers/rabbi, etc be on board.

I hope in that case more priests will step up and take on the leading of interdenominational services on Sundays. It works very well on Crystal and the agency HAL uses claims to provide that but very few HAL priests follow through with it.

Roy

I will move on to Princess if Holland does not bring Dance Hosts back. Won't do Cunard' date=' also owned by Carnival Corporation, since that would be rewarding the parent company of Holland. [/quote']

Can't say I understand the logic of these statements.

Scott & Karen

While it is sad for those who look forward to having someone to dance with as they are traveling solo, I am not the least bit surprised. From a strategic viewpoint HAL must measure the return for investing in assets for any cruise.

Having been on 3 World Cruises and having a pre-dinner cocktail most nights, I have observed the dance hosts at work. They have performed remarkably well, searching out solo ladies who might want to dance -every night. The problem is that it appeared statistically to be the same few women almost every night.

Considering we averaged about 1,100 on the World Cruise and that there were about eight to ten women who would be at the Ocean Bar to dance in early seating, that was a very minimal number of guests being handled by these assets. Granted we would have to interpolate to add late seating, but still, it won't put a dent in the minimal effect of Dance Hosts.

Hence, I believe that HAL has made a reasonably astute decision overall. I don't believe their decision is proper for the WC 2017 (which we are not on - not till 18 again for us). That is in poor taste and should be reconsidered since they announced it AFTER cancellation date.

harry

Can't say I understand the logic of these statements.

Scott & Karen

I didn't realize that the Carnival corporation also owned Princess. So I will try not to use either. To me the problem is the total monopoly that a few companies have over all cruise lines. HAL is owned by Carnival Corp. so is Cunard and Princess. My logic is I'd rather take my business to a different corporation if possible, because to me the removal of all dance hosts from Holland, especially long voyages, is a forcing move to get the clients to move over to the more expensive Cunard and Princess. The Dance Hosts at least on the WC, were almost alway busy - except for the pre-dinner set in ports where we stayed overnight. I dance a lot on land. I will not take another long cruise without Dance Hosts -- period.

HAL needs to know what we think! Not sure what HAL was thinking as the dance hosts were busy all evening, the dance classes were well attended, and these people hosted many excursions.

Strongly recommend we let HAL know our thoughts on this via an email campaign and that this not fall by the wayside in silence - or just with comments on CC.

Have seen an email campaign work in the past. Here is a link that works well:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

Edited by take us away

According to post I read on HAL's FB page, there is more to the elimination than just dance hosts. They reported that there will also not be ministers on every sailing. (not sure why the term ministers was used).

That is also troubling since HAL is known to provide religious services on their sailings.

Priests will still be on HAL ships

Just got the official confirmation that Catholic priests will still be onboard HAL ships. I was concerned about this, so I wrote to the source of placing priests onboard--the Apostleship of the Seas. Here is the text from the secretary general.

Mary Lou,

Thank you for your inquiry about the changes onboard Holland America regarding Clergy.

While it is true that Holland America Line will be limiting Protestant and Jewish Clergy to certain holy days in the year 2017, the Catholic Priests will still be onboard all sailings.

However, it is important to note that the best way to ensure that the company continues to have priests onboard, is to let them know how important this service is to you and your family and friends onboard.

Please do let them know how important this is to you and let them know that you choose to travel with HAL because they have priests onboard.

If you should wish to speak further, please feel free to phone me, or send your phone number and I'll give you a call.

All the best!

Doreen

Doreen M. Badeaux

Secretary General

Apostleship of the Sea of the United States of America

1500 Jefferson Drive

Port Arthur, TX 77642-0646

phone: 409-985-4545

fax: 409-985-5945

I hope in that case more priests will step up and take on the leading of interdenominational services on Sundays. It works very well on Crystal and the agency HAL uses claims to provide that but very few HAL priests follow through with it.

Roy

Just got the official confirmation that Catholic priests will still be onboard HAL ships. I was concerned about this, so I wrote to the source of placing priests onboard--the Apostleship of the Seas. Here is the text from the secretary general.

Mary Lou,

Thank you for your inquiry about the changes onboard Holland America regarding Clergy.

While it is true that Holland America Line will be limiting Protestant and Jewish Clergy to certain holy days in the year 2017, the Catholic Priests will still be onboard all sailings.

However, it is important to note that the best way to ensure that the company continues to have priests onboard, is to let them know how important this service is to you and your family and friends onboard.

Please do let them know how important this is to you and let them know that you choose to travel with HAL because they have priests onboard.

If you should wish to speak further, please feel free to phone me, or send your phone number and I'll give you a call.

All the best!

Doreen

Doreen M. Badeaux

Secretary General

Apostleship of the Sea of the United States of America

1500 Jefferson Drive

Port Arthur, TX 77642-0646

phone: 409-985-4545

fax: 409-985-5945

Just got the official confirmation that Catholic priests will still be onboard HAL ships. I was concerned about this, so I wrote to the source of placing priests onboard--the Apostleship of the Seas.

Thank you so much for this information; it's a relief.

I do make it a practice to mention how much this matters to me every time I complete a cruise report, That doesn't mean HAL having a priest on board for every sailing will continue, but it can't hurt to tell HAL it matters.

I am very disappointed that the dance hosts have been eliminated. I am booked on the 67 day South America cruise in January and the main reason I booked the cruise was because I would be able to dance in the evenings with a dance host. I was really excited about the cruise and now I wish I had never booked it.

I am very disappointed that the dance hosts have been eliminated. I am booked on the 67 day South America cruise in January and the main reason I booked the cruise was because I would be able to dance in the evenings with a dance host. I was really excited about the cruise and now I wish I had never booked it.

Are you not still outside the final payment date? You could still cancel if you wish you'd never booked. If final payment has been made, you could still get a significant refund if dancing with a host was the main reason for booking.

Edited by Fouremco

Carnival Corp. 3rd. quarter profit was $1.42 billion. Hardly enough to afford high priced dance hosts:):):).

Especially since do not think they are paid but they do get a free cruise and share a cabin. So 4 dance hosts 'costs' HAL 2 cheaper cabins. The hosts also do other duties like being the HAL rep for excursions as well as hosting singles events, dance classes, etc.