Bags and Go at Barcelona - NCL says no

Ned11

Has anyone used Bags and Go when they have arrived in to Barcelona? Spoke to NCL and they have told me that we can't check in our luggage and then head in to the city before we sail.

I have seen this company. When you land at the airport, you check in your luggage and they will then transport it to the port for 10 euros and wondered if anyone had any feedback.

Try checking the Mediterranean ports of call boards and see if you can pick up some info there. Not being , snotty, just thinking you might get more specific interest and info there. Enjoy Barcelona, very interesting city, but beware the pick pockets!

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

Try checking the Mediterranean ports of call boards and see if you can pick up some info there. Not being , snotty, just thinking you might get more specific interest and info there. Enjoy Barcelona, very interesting city, but beware the pick pockets!

Thank you.

Spoke to NCL and they have told me that we can't check in our luggage and then head in to the city before we sail.
I can understand that they don't want people doing that, but there's not really any way they can stop you. Assuming that you weren't asking about dropping off your luggage at 6am or something.

The last time we sailed from Barcelona, we dropped off our luggage at the terminal and immediately left again to go park the car at a garage in town. No one said anything, if they even noticed or cared.

If someone does stop you and they say you're not allowed to leave, then go ahead and enter the terminal and check-in. In fact you might want to do that anyway. After you've checked in, leave again.

That said, it may be worth it to you to pay 10 euros per bag to be able to give your luggage to someone at the airport and not have to take it to the port yourself. That will save you a trip to the port and maximize your sightseeing time.

I do this in New York. I get dropped of as early as possible drop my bags then goto times square or what ever sight is sparking my fancy. I make it back with 2 and a half to spare and get on the ship with little to no line. I just don't understand the mentality of always being first. I am willing to bet I had more fun then in the waiting room.

What time does your flight arrive? What are you hoping to see in the city?

Here's is a link for baggage storage in Barcelona proper;

Barcelona Baggage Storage

I don't know what transportation you are planning on using to get into downtown Barcelona but Placa Catalunya (at the top of La Rambla) is very accessible and easy to get to including public transportation. You could store your luggage there and easily explore on your own, with easy access to a HOHO bus or withing walking distance of Sagrada Familia. After your sightseeing you can pick up your luggage and stroll down La Rambla to the Columbus Monument at the bottom end. It is in this area that you can catch the port shuttle to the ship (2€).

If you arrive mid to late morning I do not see why you cannot head right to the ship, check your luggage and then hop on the port shuttle to Columbus Monument and start your sightseeing from there. (Also an easy place to catch a HOHO bus)

Important to note that if you are considering taking a taxi to the ship the fare might originally appear very reasonable but they tack on extra fees for entering the port area and for each piece of luggage as well.

Hope you have a great cruise and a wonderful time exploring Barcelona...I love that city.

Rochelle

What time does your flight arrive? What are you hoping to see in the city?

Here's is a link for baggage storage in Barcelona proper;

Barcelona Baggage Storage

I don't know what transportation you are planning on using to get into downtown Barcelona but Placa Catalunya (at the top of La Rambla) is very accessible and easy to get to including public transportation. You could store your luggage there and easily explore on your own, with easy access to a HOHO bus or withing walking distance of Sagrada Familia. After your sightseeing you can pick up your luggage and stroll down La Rambla to the Columbus Monument at the bottom end. It is in this area that you can catch the port shuttle to the ship (2€).

If you arrive mid to late morning I do not see why you cannot head right to the ship, check your luggage and then hop on the port shuttle to Columbus Monument and start your sightseeing from there. (Also an easy place to catch a HOHO bus)

Important to note that if you are considering taking a taxi to the ship the fare might originally appear very reasonable but they tack on extra fees for entering the port area and for each piece of luggage as well.

Hope you have a great cruise and a wonderful time exploring Barcelona...I love that city.

Rochelle

I was looking at a taxi as my parents are elderly and can't walk very far. My flight lands at 9.45 and my mother only wants to see the Cathedral in the Gothic Area so I know there is plenty of time, just didn't want to take a load of luggage with us.

I saw this company and thought what a great idea but just wanted to get any reviews. But any other suggestions are really helpful too.

http://bagsandgo.com/en/

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had never heard of that company before but it does sound like a great option if it is permissible. Who said no? f is was a shore-side sales office, unfortunately their information is not always accurate. Have you contacted the company to see if they have worked with NCL passengers in the past? I don't think they would accept your bags if they were not allowed to deliver them.

The Cathedral (Santa Anna) is lovely. We spent Easter weekend in Barcelona this past spring and this Cathedral was the hub of Easter services for the city. Not sure if there is an entrance from the inside of the church to the cloister area but there is at the back and you can see the geese which have a very interesting story to their being there.

The Cathedral by the way is a 9 minute walk from Placa de Catalunya.

Seeing as you will be needing transportation from the airport and then to the ship as well as luggage storage perhaps you should check into some sort of transportation service that will not only pick you up at the airport but also take you to do your sightseeing. We used suntransfers.com for our post cruise trip to the airport and they were excellent. Perhaps they might be able to help.

If you are interested in something like this let me know and I will check back through my notes as there was another company that provided tour and transportation options.

But as I said earlier check with bagstogo, they very well might be able to do what you have been told they can't. There website certainly says they can.

Good luck.

Rochelle

We've used them twice, great service, no issues! Pre book online and get a small discount. There will be a counter at the port (right where the luggage collection) when you get off, the guy tags your bags and gives you a receipt. They when you are ready go to the desk in Barcelona airport and get your bags - it's easy to find and the details are on the receipt. We got the aero bus transfer from central Barcelona for 8 euros, it goes every twenty minutes and was perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the info. It really is appreciated.

It was NCL that said that I can't check in my luggage and then go and do a bit of sightseeing before we embark though I have read on different threads that quite a few people have been able to do this.

The Bags and Go company sounds a good idea as I give them my luggage at the airport when I arrive and then pick it up at the port to then check in.

I was just hoping for some reviews and if any one else had used them.

I will check out suntransfers.com to see what they offer.

Thanks again.:)