What Time Do You Get To The Port

sandc4e

Living in SW Florida, we always drive to the port the day prior to sailing. We enjoy a relaxing dinner and off to bed. We get to the port about 10:30 or so...vacation has begun!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a Southern Caribbean cruise in April, we will be flying in 2 days early.

I plan to get on the ship and start my vacation as early as possible. I love the ports and all, but the ship is a large part of my experience. Years of watching the Love Boat left me daydreaming about going on a cruise, then getting married with babies, and cruising still just a fantasy for me. Then, my kids grew up and I realized it just out there, waiting for me. And I realized that I love cruising! I would be happy to just to stay the entire time at sea. We can't do this very often, so I book my cruises early, and spend all my spare time planning our trip, reading these forums. This is the first time I have been on a Celebrity cruise, and I so excited for this cruise that it has been called an obsession. My other cruises were a Carnival cruise and a Princess cruise with my mother, so I am anxious to get on the Celebrity Summit and experience the Modern Luxury that Celebrity has to offer.

We always book a room with a port view for the night before any cruise. We follow the ship the day before on Marine traffic and set the alarm slightly earlier than the scheduled arrival time to watch her come into port....We have done this in Fort Lauderdale, Hawaii, Sydney....Yes, we are up at silly o'clock but I am too excited to sleep anyway!

I am always bouncing the morning of the cruise! We are always early at the port...as someone else said why waste a minute!

Which hotel do you recommend for this in Ft. Lauderdale?! Thanks!

We are going on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, and we have a normal Veranda Class cabin - what is the earliest they will let us on?

We will check in the luggage - and waiting for the cabin to be ready is no issue.

Thanks!

When we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale last December, we arrived at port around 10, & were on by 10:15, headed straight to the pools, changed in the restroom & enjoyed a full day onboard before dinner time.... we usually only snack for lunch, so just grabbed a few snacks at the aqua spa food area, very nice. :)

BTW, people had already boarded (we asked the check in people, & apparently by 9:45 they are checking people in... unless it's the first ship back from a TA... or a TA, then it's a bit later.

enjoy!

Which hotel do you recommend for this in Ft. Lauderdale?! Thanks!

We book the Embassy suites (17th street?) I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. We book the high floor, it has a name (executive? Extra cost but includes snacks from the vending machines) and request a port view (they have never let us down).

You are a short distance from the port but the height means you see your ship from a good distance away coming in...It is great when there are several ships coming in and you are using Marine traffic and binoculars to try and identify yours!

I am sure there are other hotels with as good or even better viewing points but 'as a package' the Embassy Suites suits us well with the free breakfast and cocktail hour, shops and restaurants near by and even the boat ride trip just around the corner.

As I said we get up at silly o'clock but it is worth it!

Edited by chemmo

We book the Embassy suites (17th street?) I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. We book the high floor, it has a name (executive? Extra cost but includes snacks from the vending machines) and request a port view (they have never let us down).

You are a short distance from the port but the height means you see your ship from a good distance away coming in...It is great when there are several ships coming in and you are using Marine traffic and binoculars to try and identify yours!

I am sure there are other hotels with as good or even better viewing points but 'as a package' the Embassy Suites suits us well with the free breakfast and cocktail hour, shops and restaurants near by and even the boat ride trip just around the corner.

As I said we get up at silly o'clock but it is worth it!

PERFECT!!! I am a ton of hilton points and was hoping to use them. This is one of the hotels I was considering and you just sealed the deal for me. THANK YOU so much for confirming for me. :D

PERFECT!!! I am a ton of hilton points and was hoping to use them. This is one of the hotels I was considering and you just sealed the deal for me. THANK YOU so much for confirming for me. :D

Hope it works out for you! Enjoy. I was rather hoping a few more people would come on saying xxxxx has an even better view to give you more (and possible better) options. The Embassy Suite does work for us though, not glamorous but a practical choice!

Hope you aren't cursing me next cruise when your alarm goes off at silly o'clock!