What Time Do You Get To The Port

sandc4e

Cabins are not ready until 1-1:30 so if you get there early you will have to lug any carry on luggage with you until the cabins are available.

We try to get to the port closer to 1:00 so by the time we get on the ship the cabins are available.

Noon or later. Depends on the level of cabin you book, as well. If you are in a Suite or are Elite +, the lines tend to be shorter. As others have said the cabins aren't ready until around 1 so all you are going to do is sit around the Oceanview or on deck. Best we've done is ask your hotel for a late check out. Have b'fast, put on your swim suit and hang around the pool then go up to the room, shower, change and make your way to the port around 1:30-2. Drop your bags off in the cabin and go grab lunch.

If you go at 1 you've already lost at least 1 1\2 hours of your cruise. You can take care of business on the ship if you get to the port at 11.

1. You will be at the terminal and avoid the big crowds. Less headaches.

2. You can enjoy your complimentary drink and then beat the crowd to the elevators and get into the rest of the ship.

3. You can get to the dining room and check with the maitre'd to see if you are at a table which you will be happy with.

4. If interested you can go to the Spa and buy a weekly pass to the Persian Gardens if on a S-Class ship. They only sell a limited number of those.

5. You can purchase a beverage package if you want or need to.

6. You can have lunch at the Oceanview Cafe.

7. You can change into your swimsuit which you have smartly packed in your carryon and change in a restroom and go directly into a hot tub or pool.

8. You can lounge in the sun.

9. You can enjoy your first drink of the day.

I don't understand why the fuss about carting around your carryon stuff is about. You've been doing that already so what;s the problem. Drop it off when your room is ready.

You've paid big bucks for your cruise. Take advantage of every minute.

You will have a good time.

We always get to the port around 11 or 11;30. We almost always board before noon. Don't mind taking our carry-on around the ship. The only time early arrival didn't work out of over 30 cruises was with Disney where we had to wait for our boarding time.

Early boarding allows you to get a good table for lunch and avoid the crowds. It is also easier to book your preferred dining times in the specialty restaurants. We then explore the ship and, by the time that is done, we are ready to go to our cabins.

But, I am also the guy who gets to the airport 4 hours before my flight. If my wife had her way, I would be waving at her from the window of the plane.

In the past we have tried to get to the pier about 1 to 1:30. We can drop our bags in our cabin. Go to the Oceanview Cafe and if there is not any seating we take our food to our cabin and eat on the balcony.

As we have now are flying in 2 or 3 days before the cruise, and we are booking more suites. I'm looking at. What time is check out at the hotel? Are we having lunch in Luminae? So we now get to the pier about 12 noon.

First time on Celebrity and wondering when everyone usually gets to the port. our departure is Fort Lauderdale at 4:30pm

We always stay the night before the cruise somewhere near the port. Regardless of the port we leave the hotel around 10:30am and usually arrive at the port just before 11 am. Lines are usually short and boarding normally starts around 11:15 am. We usually head directly to the buffet, unless we need to complete some reservations, for a quick lunch and then move somewhere outside to enjoy the view around the port and have a drink.

The 10:30 hotel departure time usually aligns well with the hotel check-out time. I would much rather sit around the pool on the ship rather than the hotel.

Boarding early also allows you to complete any on board reservations for dining or shore excursions. This is valuable if you want to use the on-board credit to pay for the excursions.

Enjoy your cruise :D

My DH and I have always been early boarders. It is great to enjoy the ship and eat before it becomes crowded. Plus, you can actually relax. We like to get to the port by 10:30. Once we were the first ones aboard when we had a suite. You have so much time to take care of things... usually, I have a list, so I don't forget anything...I like to have the menus, extra hangers, stop in Michael's Club, do cardio in the gym etc! We also spend the night, usually because we love European cruises the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

We go as early as possible. If staying in town the night before the cruise we take the first shuttle. But if we are driving over the morning of the cruise we get there a bit later as I can;t get my wife up early enough to get there earlier ;)

If it was up to me we'd be at the port at 11:00 AM. The lines get really long anytime after noon.

I usually take some clothes and get a workout in while waiting for the room to be ready - after lunch of course :)

enjoy

We go as early as possible. If staying in town the night before the cruise we take the first shuttle. But if we are driving over the morning of the cruise we get there a bit later as I can;t get my wife up early enough to get there earlier ;)

If it was up to me we'd be at the port at 11:00 AM. The lines get really long anytime after noon.

I usually take some clothes and get a workout in while waiting for the room to be ready - after lunch of course :)

enjoy

Unless the shuttle is free with your hotel stay, it is usually cheaper to take a taxi than pay for the shuttle tickets. For hotels around the 17th Street Causeway area, shuttles are about $15 pp and a taxi is about $15.

We are going on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, and we have a normal Veranda Class cabin - what is the earliest they will let us on?

We will check in the luggage - and waiting for the cabin to be ready is no issue.

Thanks!

Depends on how soon the ship is cleared. At that time they will start the boarding process. If you want to get on the ship early be at the port early. This thread has a lot of suggestions/recommendations and what others like to do concerning boarding. Your cabin class has nothing to do with boarding. You will be directed in which line you are to wait in according to your tier level. Plenty of polite and friendly people working there to guide you along and make the whole process painless and quick. Enjoy your very first Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

We always get to the port around 11 or 11;30. We almost always board before noon. Don't mind taking our carry-on around the ship. The only time early arrival didn't work out of over 30 cruises was with Disney where we had to wait for our boarding time.

Early boarding allows you to get a good table for lunch and avoid the crowds. It is also easier to book your preferred dining times in the specialty restaurants. We then explore the ship and, by the time that is done, we are ready to go to our cabins.

But, I am also the guy who gets to the airport 4 hours before my flight. If my wife had her way, I would be waving at her from the window of the plane.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels out of sorts if I'm not at the airport too early. I took a lot for hubby to convince me to settle for arriving 2 1/2 hours early. We normally fly out of Milwaukee. If we fly out of Madison I'll push it to just under 2 hours. If we are flying out of a major airport, O'hare, LGA, etc, you better believe I'm a cranky witch if we aren't there at least 3 or 4 hours early. I'd rather be there and wait, than risk being late.

Now to the original question. I prefer getting to the pier asap. I like wandering the ship and unpacking as soon as luggage arrives. Then I spend the rest of the time relaxing. Also, I/we don't need much so not so much carry on to lug around.

11:00 or soon thereafter.

When we drive over from SW Florida, we build in time for road delays for construction, traffic or torrential rainstorms. Wouldn't enjoy sitting there knowing we weren't going to reach the ship in time.

When we stay at a port hotel, we take an early shuttle. The one time we took the later one (because of relatives who preferred to sleep in later), when we got aboard Constellation it was a zoo trying to deal with crowds in public areas.

We always book a room with a port view for the night before any cruise. We follow the ship the day before on Marine traffic and set the alarm slightly earlier than the scheduled arrival time to watch her come into port....We have done this in Fort Lauderdale, Hawaii, Sydney....Yes, we are up at silly o'clock but I am too excited to sleep anyway!

I am always bouncing the morning of the cruise! We are always early at the port...as someone else said why waste a minute!