Using My Time Dining with traditional seating

We have been assigned late traditional seating as early and My Time Dining are not available which really will not work for us. However, on the RCCL web site under dining there is an option to add complimentary My Time Dining reservation for the main dinning room. Has anyone used this?

I doubt they will let you do this.....it just shows up on the planner but when you put it in the cart and want to check out.....it will give you an error as you do not have mytime dining in the reservation...

I tried it, and it took the reservation. Of course, that does not mean RCI will honor it.

Edited by somoremoney
grammer

Agreed. And Royal most likely won't honor any of the reservations. Imagine the logistical nightmare that would be? :eek:

Does the MTD host on board have access to the listing of traditional diners and check against that to refuse an MTD reservation (assuming the reservation somehow makes it onto the ship)?

Does the MTD host on board have access to the listing of traditional diners and check against that to refuse an MTD reservation (assuming the reservation somehow makes it onto the ship)?

I know they have a list of the MTD diners, and I suspect that someone who is in traditional dining will not be on the MTD list.

MYTime is always over subscribed, why don't they set aside part of the set dining over to mytime if there is demand,

we always book mytime which can be Rammed at time with long lines to get in, when the traditional is half empty.

when we have had to have traditional in the past we have been on a table for 8 with just the two of us for most of the cruise on several occasions.

a lot of families and or the kids prefer the buffet.

I am on Oasis soon with set dining. However, I have booked my time dining three nights. I received three separate email confirmations for the nights chosen. I booked them over a month ago.

Please report back after your cruise. I'm very curious if they will actually have the MTD reservations for you on the ship.

I am on Oasis soon with set dining. However, I have booked my time dining three nights. I received three separate email confirmations for the nights chosen. I booked them over a month ago.

Thanks, I have wondered for a long time why rci was not doing this. Yes, please give us some feedback after your cruise