Just off the Dream yesterday, 10/2. Blast away if you have questions!

bptex

This was the long itinerary hitting the Caymans, MObay and Cozumel. There were no propulsion issues at all. We had to make a stop in Grand Cayman on the way down for a medical emergency and still made it to Mobay on time. All ports were either on time or a little early.

We did the Dunn's River Falls and Bamboo beach club in Jamaica and winged it in the other two ports. Also had cheers.

We went to Caybrew and Margaritaville in the Caymans and ate at Burger King for the novelty of it. Used a taxi and the public bus.

In Cozumel we went to Margaritaville, a great beer place nearby called la internacional cerveceria and had a blast. Then went to a place called Cielito Lindo for lunch. Fantastic tacos, $5 for 3 of them.

Did you enjoy the falls? We are thinking about visiting there in March. What type of cabin did you have?

Falls is a must do. We enjoyed it a lot and my 76 year old mother did it with me. Was she crazy? Totally. But we enjoyed every second of it. If you want a more relaxed combo tour, highly recommend the Prospect House & Dunn River Falls excursion. Not sure about the others combos, but we had a great time. That was the only ship excursion we did that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you enjoy the falls? We are thinking about visiting there in March. What type of cabin did you have?

Yes but I wouldn't recommend the Bamboo beach club version. They were very friendly but we stood around in the terminal for what seemed like an hour waiting for them to get us on a bus. It doesn't matter who you book with, they drop you off at the falls and pass you to one of their guides.

The disappointing part is afterward when they drop you off at a beautiful beach and say you only have 15 minutes before you have to leave. We were fed, offered a few drinks and had exactly 5 minutes worth of time on the beach. It could have been an hour and 5 minutes had they planned it properly!

We stayed in an inside spa cabin on deck 11. The a/c was not very cold but showed 71 degrees the one time they checked it so they wouldn't do anything about it.

What was the port like in MoBay? Did you have any trouble with vendors being very aggressive?

You get off the ship and are herded into a customs building where you either line up for excursions or catch some form of transportation. There was a food cart outside serving a lot of local food and maybe a bar before the building. There weren't any other vendors in this area or between it and the bus. The only vendors we dealt with were on the way back and honestly we were so late most of them had packed up already. So no, we weren't hassled at all. Maybe one guy begged us to look at his offerings.

Keep in mind that pretty much all of the excursions are in Ocho Rios, an hour and a half bus ride away. If you take one the only place they can really hassle you is when walking from the bus back to the terminal.

This was the long itinerary hitting the Caymans, MObay and Cozumel. There were no propulsion issues at all. We had to make a stop in Grand Cayman on the way down for a medical emergency and still made it to Mobay on time. All ports were either on time or a little early.

We did the Dunn's River Falls and Bamboo beach club in Jamaica and winged it in the other two ports. Also had cheers.

We went to Caybrew and Margaritaville in the Caymans and ate at Burger King for the novelty of it. Used a taxi and the public bus.

In Cozumel we went to Margaritaville, a great beer place nearby called la internacional cerveceria and had a blast. Then went to a place called Cielito Lindo for lunch. Fantastic tacos, $5 for 3 of them.

Thanks for the lunch place in Cozumel. Sounds like a nice trip!

Thanks for the lunch place in Cozumel. Sounds like a nice trip!

We were looking for a place the manager of the beer bar recommended. He said 3 blocks down and 2 over. We never found where he said but this place looked great and turned out pretty good. We were the only tourists there at the time but it is pretty small.

If you are on the Dream talk to Savio in the atrium bar. That guy knows everything about Cozumel and can tell you all the good places.

How was the cabin? Did you feel a lot of movement? We have a inside cabin on deck 11 and my sister is scared of feeling the movement. We usually stay in the middle of the boat on the lower decks.

We had very smooth water for most of the trip so no movement at all for the first 5 days. On the way back though we started getting 5-6 foot waves and you definitely can feel them.

That and Grand Cayman is a tendered port so you are anchored, not tied to a dock. You'll feel some movement there. However your whole cabin won't shake when they drop the anchor!

This is the first cruise I've taken where I didn't feel like I was bouncing for a week afterward. Considerably smoother than the Magic in my opinion.

Hello and thank you, we sleep with temperatures around 70/71 did you find your cabin to be warm at night? What location, deck and type cabin did you have?

Inside spa cabin on deck 11 and yes I'd say it was warm. If I took a shower before bed it was okay but otherwise I was uncomfortable and slept uncovered most nights.

I rigged up a deflector for the vent using one of the small towels and some hair pins and it seemed to help. There was very little airflow from it even with the thermostat all the way turned down.

Hello and thank you, we sleep with temperatures around 70/71 did you find your cabin to be warm at night? What location, deck and type cabin did you have?

We were on the same sailing and had an extended balcony on deck 8 and the temperature was very cool to me, about 68-70. We had no problems being warm at night, I actually bundled up in the comforter most nights.

We were on the same sailing and had an extended balcony on deck 8 and the temperature was very cool to me, about 68-70. We had no problems being warm at night, I actually bundled up in the comforter most nights.

It obviously varies by location! Our last cruise was on the Magic in a spa balcony and it was freezing cold, which to me is perfect! I've also had an inside spa on her and it was the same. The only other cruise I've had issues with was on the Triumph in one of the porthole cabins and they actually fixed it.

You get off the ship and are herded into a customs building where you either line up for excursions or catch some form of transportation. There was a food cart outside serving a lot of local food and maybe a bar before the building. There weren't any other vendors in this area or between it and the bus. The only vendors we dealt with were on the way back and honestly we were so late most of them had packed up already. So no, we weren't hassled at all. Maybe one guy begged us to look at his offerings.

Keep in mind that pretty much all of the excursions are in Ocho Rios, an hour and a half bus ride away. If you take one the only place they can really hassle you is when walking from the bus back to the terminal.

Thanks for the info. We will be on the Dream in December.