Anthem Stateroom 9718

Can anyone tell me about stateroom 9718? I have tried searching for photos of the balcony view but can't find anything. Just wondering what the view is like being the last room down. Are there any obstructions? Views of behind at all? Is the stateroom the same as all other D7's? Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Below is a shot of that cabin's balcony indicated by arrow in first shot below.

Second shot shows the extended roof of the TWO70 theater which blocks the downward view some what.

There is a rearward starboard view when standing at the balcony railing. The inside I believe is the same as other Category D cabins.

P1091321b.jpg

P1040939 (2).jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Another site that has deck plans states "This cabin has only a single pain glass door".   Which may be just like the doors on the deck above and below where the arrow is pointing in the above photo.   No glass panels on each side of the door.

14 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Below is a shot of that cabin's balcony indicated by arrow in first shot below.

Second shot shows the extended roof of the TWO70 theater which blocks the downward view some what.

There is a rearward starboard view when standing at the balcony railing. The inside I believe is the same as other Category D cabins.

P1091321b.jpg

P1040939 (2).jpg

Thank you for that information - the chair on the balcony looks different - do you think someone brought that chair and I will have the more normal ones?

23 minutes ago, Peeker28 said:

Thank you for that information - the chair on the balcony looks different - do you think someone brought that chair and I will have the more normal ones?

That shot is one I cropped from one I took in January 2016 when on Anthem our first time..

Below is one from Jan. 2018 and this suspended chair was still on that balcony then. Also last balcony cabin, #11718, on that side on deck 11 also had that type of chair so I believe these were provided by the ship.

P1202838.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

31 minutes ago, fred30 said:

Another site that has deck plans states "This cabin has only a single pain glass door".   Which may be just like the doors on the deck above and below where the arrow is pointing in the above photo.   No glass panels on each side of the door.

Here is the actual picture of Anthem's stern I cropped that shot from and it is only the last cabins on deck 8, 10 and 11 have the single pane balcony doors.

P1091321.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

46 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Here is the actual picture of Anthem's stern I cropped that shot from and it is only the last cabins on deck 8, 10 and 11 have the single pane balcony doors.

You are definitely correct.    That actually looks like a nice balcony.  A little bit wider than the cabin.

42 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Here a shot from a recent Ovation Alaska cruise thread and these suspended chairs are on the same balconies.

78A06D7C-A7B0-4C86-8669-7D594B6BF0B7.jpe

3 minutes ago, Peeker28 said:

Well that suspended chair might be nice to have - hopefully it has an additional chair of some sort.

Those balconies with the suspended chairs are part of the aft facing suites, your cabin is the balcony beside that.

12 minutes ago, Peeker28 said:

Well that suspended chair might be nice to have - hopefully it has an additional chair of some sort.

Here is a video of 8720 that shows that the deck 9 balcony with the hanging chair is part of that cabin and not 9718.

40 minutes ago, Peeker28 said:

Thanks for the video!!  Pretty cool that the Owners loft cabin has 2 balconies!!

Yes, those cabins look great.  We had 11318 on one of our Anthem sailings which is the last balcony on the other side of the ship.  We also were heading through the remnants of a hurricane and that hanging chair in the balcony beside us banged against the walls all night.  They ended up tying it or something because it finally stopped banging.