My time dining

Hi, I'm hoping someone can explain for me here, first time cruiser, going with a family of 8 and including 2 children. We are going on the harmony of the seas next sunday 16th october. I am now panicking! The travel agent had told us that we were on my time dining plan and this allowed us to turn up at the restaurant every night between 6 and 9.30, no need to book a table! Well I have now been told by previous cruisers this is not the case and you do need to pre book a table??!! I have logged into my account and tried to book a table but won't allow me as it says I have already booked dining (which I haven't) and to isn't showing up in my calendar either. Im hoping someone can explain as I'm now very worried going away in a weeks time and the main dining area is all booked. TIA

Don't worry. We had MTD on the Allure for the September 4th sailing. When we arrived on the ship, we went to the MTD desk to try and book reservations and the only reservations we could get were for very late. We were advised to just show up each evening. We were a party of four and ate somewhere between 6:30 and 7:30 each evening and we never had to wait for a table. In fact there were complaints from the line for people who had reservations about how they had to wait to get their table. I think the earlier you show up the easier it is to get a table without waiting. We noticed longer lines in both reserved and just show up when we were leaving the restaurant each evening.

If you are assigned MTD, this is what you do. Go to the dining room the day you board, and make reservations for your party of 10....(large parties are hard to seat)...and then show up at your reservation time. No worries!

It's no different than dining anywhere....

If you are assigned MTD, this is what you do. Go to the dining room the day you board, and make reservations for your party of 10....(large parties are hard to seat)...and then show up at your reservation time. No worries!

It's no different than dining anywhere....

With a larger group like yours what CB AT SEA said. If a time slot you preselected doesn't fit, you can always cancel and rebook.

Have a great time.

I have logged into my account and tried to book a table but won't allow me as it says I have already booked dining (which I haven't) and to isn't showing up in my calendar either.

Before you do anything else, find out for sure which dining you have - traditional or MTD. Spend some time in your cruise planner. Ask some of the others in your party if they have made dining reservations. Once you have all of your info, take a breath and talk to your TA again and ask them to make reservations for you. If you prefer, you can e-mail rcldining@rccl.com and ask them to book dinners for you.

Thanks for this post. I went on my CP earlier today and it said you have to make reservations for MTD, on Carnival I just showed up and they seated us with no problem.

Do you really have to make a reservation, I thought the My time dining was to just show up on my time.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for this post. I went on my CP earlier today and it said you have to make reservations for MTD, on Carnival I just showed up and they seated us with no problem.

Do you really have to make a reservation, I thought the My time dining was to just show up on my time.

Thanks for your advice.

For a party of 8 I would make reservations. Especially for first night and formal nights. They are not required, but it will limit (or eliminate) your wait time.

For a party of 8 I would make reservations. Especially for first night and formal nights. They are not required, but it will limit (or eliminate) your wait time.

So for a party of 4, do you think I would be okay just showing up? The reason for MTD is to not plan.

So for a party of 4, do you think I would be okay just showing up? The reason for MTD is to not plan.

Yes, but on busier nights like the first night and formal nights you may have a wait, especially if you go during "busy" times (around 6:30-8).