So who is first to Coco Cay post Matthew?

BillOh

Arghh bad news. I am booked for 10/14/16 Enchantment, Saturday Cococay, Sunday Nassau. I have been trying to get to Cococay the last 3 cruises and it always gets cancelled. This will be number 4 it seems.

I read in another thread, TODAY, which included a tweet from RCCL, stating they would be returning to Coco Cay on the 15th. Minor...

Will someone please let me know if they are able to fix our dear, sweet swim-up bar?

:(

I will be Periscoping all weekend on the Enchantment. I will definitely be discussing CocoCay and more importantly the floating bar.

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

From Twitter,

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean

@CruiseDivaNJ Hi, Stacey. CocoCay sustained minor damages. We'll be welcoming guests back on Saturday, October 15th.

My cruise will be the 2nd or 3rd back. Lots of pictures in about 10 days.

I will be Periscoping all weekend on the Enchantment. I will definitely be discussing CocoCay and more importantly the floating bar.

I did find you there. If you could save me the research, what day are you at Coco Cay?

I did find you there. If you could save me the research, what day are you at Coco Cay?

The first day, which is the 15th. If you are following me on Periscope you should get notifications when I go live. Look out for my broadcasts on Saturday. Cannot wait to see how much they were able to repair in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hit the web cam earlier to see a Carnival ship arriving and one already there. The cam didn't point toward the port, just out the inlet entrance. But at least 2 ships are there today. As many trips as we have made to Nassau, there is good diving there, I'll dive if we make it there and not to Coco Cay.

I would love to take my kids on the CocoCay diving excursion but it is still not listed in our cruise planner. Even though the CocoCay Snorkeling Explorer and the beach bungalows are listed, the Scuba diving is not. Hoping it comes up soon. It would be a super easy dive to take my newly certified (Last June) kids. And then we can just join my wife who will be in one of those beach bungalows and chill for the rest of the day.

dp

I would love to take my kids on the CocoCay diving excursion but it is still not listed in our cruise planner. Even though the CocoCay Snorkeling Explorer and the beach bungalows are listed, the Scuba diving is not. Hoping it comes up soon. It would be a super easy dive to take my newly certified (Last June) kids. And then we can just join my wife who will be in one of those beach bungalows and chill for the rest of the day.

dp

I do have a dive scheduled, but diving and I have a long, not so good relationship here at coco cay. Ok, that is purposely over dramatic. In 2007 I did my first Caribbean snorkel here at Coco Cay and it was wonderful. As I was getting out a group of divers were going in and it peaked my interest. We were back again in 2010 and I saw the divers again and finally got myself to take the classes and get my certification. I have dove in St Thomas and Grand Caymen, but I really want to dive here. My first time back in 2013 with my certification they called our room at 11pm and said the dive was canceled because of "conditions" The next day we arrived and it was a beautiful day. Jet skis and snorkel was still going, and I suspected I was the only diver so they canceled the excursion. Well, this time I'm keeping Nassau as a back up.

I do have a dive scheduled, but diving and I have a long, not so good relationship here at coco cay. Ok, that is purposely over dramatic. In 2007 I did my first Caribbean snorkel here at Coco Cay and it was wonderful. As I was getting out a group of divers were going in and it peaked my interest. We were back again in 2010 and I saw the divers again and finally got myself to take the classes and get my certification. I have dove in St Thomas and Grand Caymen, but I really want to dive here. My first time back in 2013 with my certification they called our room at 11pm and said the dive was canceled because of "conditions" The next day we arrived and it was a beautiful day. Jet skis and snorkel was still going, and I suspected I was the only diver so they canceled the excursion. Well, this time I'm keeping Nassau as a back up.

That really sucks. At least, if I ever get to book it on our cruise planner, it will be for 3 divers. I'd like to pre-book it and know in advance, since we are going to NJ on a Motorcoach, I have room to bring our basic equipment like Mask, Fins & snorkel. Even our shorty wet suits. We can use their tanks and regs. I read elsewere that their equipment was in pretty good shape.

dp

The first day, which is the 15th. If you are following me on Periscope you should get notifications when I go live. Look out for my broadcasts on Saturday. Cannot wait to see how much they were able to repair in a week.

What is this Periscope thingy you are talking about????

What is this Periscope thingy you are talking about????

Periscope is a app that allows you to share video live and people can look at it later. I've resisted it till now, so I'm just learning. Its an app for Android and Apple phones, I assume Ipad, I'll download that tonight.

Edited by BillOh

This may be a dumb question but, I know most of the ship crew work the island when in port and no one lives on the island. Who gets the tenders to the ship? haha

I believe there are employees that live on the island.

I believe there are employees that live on the island.

I was wondering about that. Looking at google maps, I don't see any permanent structures that aren't used for cruises. There is a larger nearby island with several residences.

I was wondering about that. Looking at google maps, I don't see any permanent structures that aren't used for cruises. There is a larger nearby island with several residences.

There are permanent structures for the island crew, I can't explain why they cannot be seen. I know someone who lived there for a few weeks. I cannot remember the number, but I recall that I was surprised by how many crew lived there.

It's been a few years, but the last time I went there I walked the entire island as my day activity (I didn't realize until it was too late that I also walked through an area that probably wasn't open to cruise passengers). I saw a multi-unit house away from the regular cruise passenger area that had people living in it. I have to admit that I was tempted to "accidentally" miss the last tender back to the ship (now that I knew it was a livable island). I figured they would welcome the extra help with running things, but figured my family might get worried if I didn't make it back to the ship (yes, I'm kidding about missing the last tender for all the haters out there. I know jokes don't always get interpreted as they were intended on here).