Dream Meet and Mingle

Hotdog 52

We cruised form 10-02-2016 until 10-09-2016. We had our meet and mingle on the last day of the cruise. It was from 4 until 5. The Platinum and Diamond party from 5 to 6. We had about 15 members present. The time and place is not well advertised. The notice in the daily paper should be printed in bold letters so it is more noticeable. I have the feeling that they would rather the meeting just go away. We also didn't receive a notice in the cabin stating the time and place.

The entertainment director and cruise director we there. The answered several questions and confirmed the ship was still conducting the trial cleaning of the rooms. We pointed out that what John was saying on his Facebook page was not what was happening. I'm referring to the cards with the choices. John said all of the ships have the cards that had both along with morning and evening for room cleaning, which is not the case. Ours didn't have both. I also witnessed and spoke to other cruisers that said they were not given the choice of both and had to choose from morning or evening cleaning. We told our steward we wanted both and ice. We had no problems but, overheard our steward only offering service for morning or evening to other less informed cruisers.

If we don't get better notification and more participation it will be a thing of the past. :)

We cruised form 10-02-2016 until 10-09-2016. We had our meet and mingle on the last day of the cruise. It was from 4 until 5. The Platinum and Diamond party from 5 to 6. We had about 15 members present. The time and place is not well advertised. The notice in the daily paper should be printed in bold letters so it is more noticeable. I have the feeling that they would rather the meeting just go away. We also didn't receive a notice in the cabin stating the time and place.

The entertainment director and cruise director we there. The answered several questions and confirmed the ship was still conducting the trial cleaning of the rooms. We pointed out that what John was saying on his Facebook page was not what was happening. I'm referring to the cards with the choices. John said all of the ships have the cards that had both along with morning and evening for room cleaning, which is not the case. Ours didn't have both. I also witnessed and spoke to other cruisers that said they were not given the choice of both and had to choose from morning or evening cleaning. We told our steward we wanted both and ice. We had no problems but, overheard our steward only offering service for morning or evening to other less informed cruisers.

If we don't get better notification and more participation it will be a thing of the past. :)

Thanks for sharing. Surprised they would schedule this the last day of the cruise.

The twice daily servicing thing is rearing up its ugly head again. If they wanted to really give people a choice this would not be happening:mad:

The twice daily servicing thing is rearing up its ugly head again. If they wanted to really give people a choice this would not be happening:mad:
I'm waiting to hear about indignant passengers requesting to cut cabin steward gratuities in half, since they feel that they are receiving only half of the service.

:)

If we don't get better notification and more participation it will be a thing of the past.

I disagree, having it printed in the fun times is enough, as m̶a̶n̶y, some CCer's are literate:). More people are interested in (and attend!) the "hairy chest contest" than the CC venue, perhaps that should be bold.

To think that topics of interest to only Cruise Critic members are somehow more important than other topics smacks of elitism.

We cruised form 10-02-2016 until 10-09-2016. We had our meet and mingle on the last day of the cruise. It was from 4 until 5.

That is just insane. Any time the day of or after the 1st port stop is just a waste of time in my opinion.

We also didn't receive a notice in the cabin stating the time and place.

Did you go back and re-register for the Meet & Mingle and give them your cabin number, etc. ? (this was only instituted fairly recently)

I'm waiting to hear about indignant passengers requesting to cut cabin steward gratuities in half, since they feel that they are receiving only half of the service.

We have been cruising for many years and have come to expect twice daily service of our cabin.

If we are forced to only have it once (and think this is their endgame) why tip the same for less service? I wouldnt drop it in half but think say 25% would be reasonable.

I don't plan to register for the CC M&G on our two upcoming cruises. I've read they are held the last sea day and that is really pointless. So you meet and greet to say 'goodbye'?

The best M&G's we've had were organized by members of the roll call and held in one of the lounges on the first sea day. We pre-paid for them and attendance was what you'd expect when your money was on the line. Plentiful drinks and snacks were provided.

I think it was nice for CC to try this, but Carnival doesn't seem to be that interested in promoting it, sort of like the farewell party that went away due to lack of participation. Our roll call made sure we attended and we enjoyed it, but we were really the only people there.

As I posted on another thread about this same thing, our meet and mingle was on the 3rd day of our 8 day cruise!:) it was at one of the lounges and it was well put on. there were plenty of coffee and other refreshments there.

the meet and mingle was in the funtimes and it was also announced over the loud speaker! there was only 8 of us there out of over 60 who signed up. they had 3 bottles of bubbly and 4 ships on a stick!

I know some of these are not planned very good! ours was planed better but our group just didn't show up!

the meet and mingle will go away soon if it isn't planned very well!:)

I was on the Freedom 9/10/16 - 9/17/16 and the Meet & Mingle never took place. It was not listed in the Funtimes, and there were no invitations sent to anyone's cabin. And, if one had been scheduled for the last day of the cruise like yours was, I would not have attended. That clearly shows non-interest on Carnival's part. The purpose is to meet people you are cruising with, not meet them when the cruise is just about over. Smh :(

I don't plan on signing up for any future CC Meet & Mingle's.

Our M&M was the first sea day on our last Princess cruise. Worked out fine. Had between 20&30 in attendance. I don't remember how we were notified. I think one of the CC members set it up in coordination with the Princess crew. :)

Our M&M was the first sea day on our last Princess cruise. Worked out fine. Had between 20&30 in attendance. I don't remember how we were notified. I think one of the CC members set it up in coordination with the Princess crew. :)

Works well on Princess and capt and hotel director is always there and speaks to us and answers questions.

Honestly, after our first cruise I couldn't care less about meeting the folks running the ship

Let's be honest, we're on a floating bus with a hotel & diner.

I wouldn't ask a bus driver the minutia of the busing company when his job is only to get said vehicle from point A to point B to point C, a local hotel manager about how they manage the hotel, or the head cook at a local restaurant how they make their bisque at home, why would I do it on a ship?

About the service, I prefer the 1 a day. I'm not slovenly, can easily make the bed (I've done it every day of my life since I was 5) and hate trying to coordinate not being in someone's way while they're getting paid a slave's wages to do what I've done for 40 years. Honestly, they could simply set clean towels on the bathroom counter & be done with our cabin.