Pride Itinerary Oct. 23rd Sailing--Any Guesses?

GradUT

The original itinerary for the Oct.23rd sailing of the Pride was:

Sea Day

Sea Day

Grand Turk

HMC

Freeport

Sea Day

Grand Turk and HMC both appear to be operational. Any ideas on what Carnival will substitute for Freeport?

Just be thankful you're not going to Freeport! It would be nice if they did an overnighter in Grand Turk.

Yeah, no love lost for Freeport. The last time we were there, we stayed on the ship and enjoyed the quiet. We were planning to do the same this time.

I expect it will be Nassau, which is OK, but I'd love if it were Key West!

I will be on the same cruise and I'm hoping we get to go to Key West as well or if not an overnight In Turks and Caico's anything is better than Nassau!

Very unlikely to go to Key West because the whole ship would have to clear US customs there. Most likely you'll go to Nassau.

Just be thankful you're not going to Freeport! It would be nice if they did an overnighter in Grand Turk.

Slightly off topic, but I don't get the dislike for Freeport. It's one of my favorite ports. If you like beaches, Freeport has some beautiful ones. Check out Taino Beach Resort & Club. They offer a day pass for cruise passenges (VERY reasonably priced also).

https://www.facebook.com/Taino-Beach-Resort-Clubs-156040341088041/?fref=ts

I know the island suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Matthew, but when things return to normal, check that place out.

The first time we went to Freeport, we had a great taxi driver, and I've kept in touch with her over the years. She knows when we're coming, and she's waiting for us when we get off the ship.

Edited by bigman01

Not surprising that it's another Sea Day. It's already a tight fit getting from Freeport to Baltimore on one Sea Day. The Pride usually leaves at 1:30pm from Freeport on Friday to make it to Baltimore Sunday morning. Like others said Nassau would be a consideration, but probably wouldn't work too well time wise.

Thanks for the info. I haven't received any notice from Carnival either regarding the change, but I was kinda expecting it to be a sea day (although I hoped for another port).

We are used to port-intensive cruises, so this will be a new experience for us.

Sea days are great... bigger question at this point is whether we'll be going south at all, or up to St. John and Halifax. There's an 80% chance of a cyclonic event (i.e. tropical depression, storm, or hurricane) developing around Turks and Caicos within the next five days. Colder weather coming across North America should probably push it further out to sea even if it does form, but you never know. If the invest develops, we'll hit some rough seas heading to GT.

I personally would love it if we got the Canada reroute, since Carnival doesn't normally offer it and Halifax is... well, way prettier and safer and cooler in general than Freeport or Nassau on a good day.

Sea days are great... bigger question at this point is whether we'll be going south at all, or up to St. John and Halifax. There's an 80% chance of a cyclonic event (i.e. tropical depression, storm, or hurricane) developing around Turks and Caicos within the next five days. Colder weather coming across North America should probably push it further out to sea even if it does form, but you never know. If the invest develops, we'll hit some rough seas heading to GT.

I personally would love it if we got the Canada reroute, since Carnival doesn't normally offer it and Halifax is... well, way prettier and safer and cooler in general than Freeport or Nassau on a good day.

Looks like we're just going to miss it as will be out at sea off of Maryland on Saturday and off of New England Sunday. Wondering how this will affect the Pride coming back, though. This shows the expected path

Edited by jimandmelissa4u