Next cutback Once a day cabin service

biker@sea

I'd prefer once a day, in the morning. As long as the steward leaves enough towels in the morning for a shower in the evening and another in the morning, and a copy of the activity bulletin in the evening in the cabin "mail" spot for us, I'm good. I don't need a towel animal or my sheets turned down or ice.

I hate feeling like I have to tidy up, rush to get out of the way, etc. I doubt I'm the only person who feels this way -- they might be surprised at how many people would be willing to get once a day service, which would let them do a better job for those who do like having it twice a day. And I wouldn't expect them to charge me less than those who want service 2X per day, nor would I leave a smaller additional tip at the end of the trip if I felt a good job was done. It's my preference and more convenient to me to have service once a day -- no reason for my steward to get a smaller tip.

It's so interesting to note at the first whiff of a change there's always folks that go right to "if that happens I am going to reduce my gratuities". Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And if it happens then each steward would have more cabins to service so the tips should be about the same, more cabins, lower tips per cabin. The cruiseline wins as they can have less stewards.

We always ask our steward to only service us once a day. Sometimes I tell them to take the entire day off. Stewards have always been more than grateful to have the extra time. I suppose if this became policy then stewards would just get more rooms assigned and it would defeat my intent to give them a little break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love once a day. We only take showers once a day so that would leave the towel situation out of the mix. Also I have no issues with leaving the towels hanging for the next day. Do this at home. I don't need turn down service or towel animals. Leave my freestyle daily on the door. Occasion all we like to retire early and have put the do no disturb plaque on the door. Just a waste of ma power. If we could get our cabin serviced in the am so we could take a nap and shower after lunch that would be great! We always seem to be in the cabins done at 1-3pm which messes up our day.