Next cutback Once a day cabin service

biker@sea

On Carnival, you do have the option for once or twice a day.

Personally, I would rather once a day. I'm always stressed feeling I should

leave the cabin by a certain time in the morning so not to hold up my room being cleaned.

If I could choose once a day, between 10-3 that would work for me since if

I'm eating dinner later and want to stay in my cabin, I won't feel the need to leave

so the room steward can get done what they need.

I know talk of this started on the Carnival board, however, we were on Carnival Sunshine in September and had service twice per day and we were not asked if we only wanted it once. And we had a fabulous cruise on a fabulous ship too!

So it seems to be a moot discussion.

I read the Carnival thread yesterday and hoped no one would bring that threat here to the NCL board.

I am absolutely in favor of twice daily service. If someone showers in the morning, and then goes off the ship on a beach excursion, comes back to the cabin and showers before dinner, and would like to shower again the following morning, where are they going to get all the towels to dry themselves with once daily service? Not to mention replenishing the ice in the ice bucket.:rolleyes:

I know talk of this started on the Carnival board, however, we were on Carnival Sunshine in September and had service twice per day and we were not asked if we only wanted it once. And we had a fabulous cruise on a fabulous ship too!

So it seems to be a moot discussion.

The reason you received twice a day is because it is a test pilot and only on certain ships, there are 5 ships, I think. I do know that the Breeze and Vista are two of them but the Sunshine is not in the test and therefore everyone on the Sunshine still gets twice a day service.

On Carnival, you do have the option for once or twice a day.

Personally, I would rather once a day. I'm always stressed feeling I should

leave the cabin by a certain time in the morning so not to hold up my room being cleaned.

If I could choose once a day, between 10-3 that would work for me since if

I'm eating dinner later and want to stay in my cabin, I won't feel the need to leave

so the room steward can get done what they need.

Yes you do.

I get once a week service at home so once a day is fine:D We could care less about turn down and towel animals

I never see my room steward at home. I am not sure he even exists. I think I am putting him on notice and definitely withholding the discretionary service charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2414814

Will NCL go there???

The door has been opened . :rolleyes:

Is it OK for you??

I wish you had put a question mark in your title since it's a question and not a fact. Not even Carnival has made the change. They're only polling, and even that isn't on all ships.

I get once a week service at home so once a day is fine:D We could care less about turn down and towel animals

It's more than turndown service and towel animals. You're right about being able to do without those. But I love the luxury of having a fresh washcloth and fresh towels, especially if I took a shower before dinner.

It's more than turndown service and towel animals. You're right about being able to do without those. But I love the luxury of having a fresh washcloth and fresh towels, especially if I took a shower before dinner.

I enjoy the towel animals and so does my DS even though he's now 12. I'd prefer 2x per day service and agree about the freshened bathroom.

This place gets more trolls by the day. Who has time to make all these posts? Some even create ID's just to do it. I guess when they get banned they do it again.

Curious as to why you think OP is a troll when they have been a long-term member of CC under the same ID?

I have to agree with you.

Carnival raised their gratuities, then put out this test pilot on some of their ships.

If I get once a day then I will adjust my gratuities to reflect once a day.

Yes but on CCL you do have the option to still say you want twice even on the test ships that are doing once. You can just tell them you want twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums