Mobile passport at port Everglades

dpluta

Read this page. Rumor, I need a passport to fly domestically. What you are linking to is about other than flying.

The deadline was extended a year ago to January 2018 for flying.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-and-you-rumor-control

Flew through Newark NJ on 12/28/2016. They had signs posted in the Pre-check line stating that a handful of state driver licenses would become not valid for ID starting sometime THIS YEAR 2017 - I do not recall if it was October perhaps? Perhaps they haven't updated the signs either/?????? If so, that's ridiculous. It was the first time I saw those signs and I made at least 6 trips in 2016 - TUS, LAX, EWR, ABE, Tokyo to name a few.

Flew through Newark NJ on 12/28/2016. They had signs posted in the Pre-check line stating that a handful of state driver licenses would become not valid for ID starting sometime THIS YEAR 2017 - I do not recall if it was October perhaps? Perhaps they haven't updated the signs either/?????? If so, that's ridiculous. It was the first time I saw those signs and I made at least 6 trips in 2016 - TUS, LAX, EWR, ABE, Tokyo to name a few.

I flew from BWI last weekend (Jan 8th), and they had the list of States with date of 1/22/2018. I live in one of those states, and just got my enhanced DL...I have a passport, but thought a back up plan would be good.

It is the first time I have seen this sign also (and I fly A LOT).

• 3 months later...

I wanted to mention my experience, now that my cruise is over.

They did mention the Mobile Passport app a lot on the ship, and my group of 13 downloaded it. I also advised them to fill out the form "just in case."

Well, "just in case" happened. There had been a oil tanker truck accident, and they moved us from Terminal 18 (bright, shiny and new) to Terminal 25 (old and worn out). The app did not work. I don't know if it was because of the change in terminal or because of the old terminal.

The agent who was in charge of herding us around said that it didn't work more often than it did work, so apparently more bugs to work out.

But they were pushing folks through and we got out of the terminal pretty fast, we ran about an hour late due to the oil spill.

Came thru Port Everglades on 2/10 off Equinox and they used both. The Global and Mobile Passport lines were so much faster and the employees even asked if you had either because the other regular lines were impossible. I have Mobile but it wouldn't work, my fault because of a number difference but, yes, much faster at Port Everglades.

Pat C

I suspect that the system needs to be pre-programmed and Terminal 25 wasn't set up for your arrival due to the last-minute change. We used it at Terminal 19 in November (Koningsdam) and Terminal 18 (Allure) in March with no issues; it was quick and easy. We did fill out the paper form too as we have Global Entry too and were prepared to go to whichever line seemed faster, but Mobile Passport was the faster on both occasions.

I wanted to mention my experience, now that my cruise is over.

They did mention the Mobile Passport app a lot on the ship, and my group of 13 downloaded it. I also advised them to fill out the form "just in case."

Well, "just in case" happened. There had been a oil tanker truck accident, and they moved us from Terminal 18 (bright, shiny and new) to Terminal 25 (old and worn out). The app did not work. I don't know if it was because of the change in terminal or because of the old terminal.

The agent who was in charge of herding us around said that it didn't work more often than it did work, so apparently more bugs to work out.

But they were pushing folks through and we got out of the terminal pretty fast, we ran about an hour late due to the oil spill.

We used mobile passport on 4/9 in terminal 25 without any issues at all, matter of fact it was extremely quick

Do x passengers have access to mobile passport at port Everglades?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used it in February. It did not save us much time, though.

There was no separate line until the very end.

Sent from my iPad using Forums