Mobile passport at port Everglades

dpluta

Hope someone sees this and can answer my question. I've just downloaded Mobile Passport on Ipad and phone (plan B). Passports are loaded and pictures have been added as well. How far ahead of time do you have to fill out your trip info (meaning can I do it day before we disembark) and do I need phone and/or wifi service to utilize the app once I get to US Customs?

Morning of debark...up to 4 hours before your receipt expires

Mobile Passport for Android devices has been updated and now includes Port Everglades and all the terminals

Hmmm...my Samsung still does not have Port Everglades on the Mobile Passport...I did look for updates.

But then again, our cruise is in February...but we are going to New Orleans as our last port. We will have to go through Customs there. Since there isn't a stop after that, I'm guessing we won't have to go through Customs again in FLL.

Either way, it should be an interesting experience!

• 1 month later...
Mobile Passport for Android devices has been updated and now includes Port Everglades and all the terminals

Just off the Silhouette yesterday, Jan 8, 2017 and tried to use mobile passport. But, it would give an error when you hit the submit button saying it could not give a receipt at this time. So, I'm glad I filled out the paper form also on the ship. The customs agent told me sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Just off the Silhouette yesterday, Jan 8, 2017 and tried to use mobile passport. But, it would give an error when you hit the submit button saying it could not give a receipt at this time. So, I'm glad I filled out the paper form also on the ship. The customs agent told me sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Also just off the Silhouette and I was unable to use the Mobile Passport. I got a message saying that it wasn't available when I submitted. I didn't notice a special que either. That said, we self assisted and it was very fast

Also just off the Silhouette and I was unable to use the Mobile Passport. I got a message saying that it wasn't available when I submitted. I didn't notice a special que either. That said, we self assisted and it was very fast

Also just off Silhouette yesterday. During cruise in the dailies they mentioned using Mobile Passport. On final day there was a message on my TV info message explaining how to use Mobile Passport. I had learned about it before cruise and downloaded before trip and set up account. Port Everglades was a listed port. Also asked for terminal #, Silhouette came in to #25. You can only submit your form within 4 hours of arriving at port. I submitted at 5am and was declined. Tried again at 6 am and was declined. I gave up. I did notice there was a line to the far right of customs for Mobile Passport.

Actually, the best thing to do is go to the shortest line. :D

We have TSA PreCheck, and sometimes that line is longer than the "everybody else" line. All we do is go through the shortest line, show our TSA PreCheck card or boarding pass, and we are through in a jiffy!

With the Mobile Pass, we would heads and tails ahead of everyone trying to come back into the U.S. Oh, I said earlier that there was no filling out immigration forms...I meant custom forms. ;)

We applied for and got TSA PreCheck last year. Received a number to give to airlines. They told us no card is issued with TSA PreCheck. Did I receive incorrect info? We have applied it to air reservation and received the TSA PreCheck on our boarding passes. Is there a card? I thought there was only a card for Global Entry.

Why not? GE is just a special line but you still need a Customs form which the mobile passport is. Why would you fill in a paper form when you can have it on your phone?

Am I thinking right here?

Yes. The Mobile Passport app allows you to submit your declarations (formerly the blue and white form as soon as you disembark plane or ship and receive a code. You show the code on the app, so in essence, your info has already been reviewed by CBP and you proceed rather than having the form read and questioned.

I just used mobile passport twice on a B2B on the Harmony of the Seas in December.

We got off between cruises to visit someone on Ft Lauderdale.

I also got the message that the app was unable to connect. I realized that I was still trying to connect to wi-fi on the ship. When I connected to the port 18 wi-fi, I was able to connect.

The first time we waited until 9:30 to get off. There was only one couple in line for mobile passport, but there also wasn't an agent there either. He had to come over from the line next to us to process the couple in front of us, then walk back to do someone in his line, then walk back to do us. It was quick, as the other line was quite long, but we certainly got some ugly looks from the people in the line where the agent left to take care of us.

The second week, we walked off with our bags at 8:30. One of the workers asked to see our phone before letting us in the mobile passport line. They were checking to see that we had both of our pictures in our app before letting us get in line. She wouldn't let a few couples in front of us get in line as they only had one picture in their phone. One simply walked to the side, took a picture of their spouse, and were able to get in line behind us. Still got through the line quickly. It took us longer to wait for the elevator, because I had more than one bag, and they wouldn't let us use the escalator, than to get through security.

I'm sure once more people find out about mobile passport, this will change, but for now, it was a great experience.

We filled out the paper copy, just in case those lines seemed shorter. But, ended up using Mobile Passport both times.

We applied for and got TSA PreCheck last year. Received a number to give to airlines. They told us no card is issued with TSA PreCheck. Did I receive incorrect info? We have applied it to air reservation and received the TSA PreCheck on our boarding passes. Is there a card? I thought there was only a card for Global Entry.

I've had TSA PreCheck for over a year. I think I got a letter in the mail, but have never shown a card. The boarding pass will say TSA PreCheck and that is what gets you in the line.

When I was in Las Vegas recently, the Very Self Important Man in front of me was insisting his girlfriend should be able to go through the PreCheck line also. The agent was even more insistant that he could come through, but she had to go through the regular line.

Happy Travels!

You don't get a card for TSA PreCheck. You must make sure to enter your KTN number into the reservation when booking a flight and it will be on your boarding pass.

Those who have Global Entry get a card but it is not for use at airports. They also have a KTN number. To get TSA PreCheck that number must be put into the airline reservation. Then it will be on the boarding pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Disembarking one Jan 2,17 it would not work for us and others. We went though customs in about 2 minutes. I told the agent it was not working and he said right now it is slower than using a human. Maybe a negative reaction from job losses, but who knows.

I've had TSA PreCheck for over a year. I think I got a letter in the mail, but have never shown a card. The boarding pass will say TSA PreCheck and that is what gets you in the line.

When I was in Las Vegas recently, the Very Self Important Man in front of me was insisting his girlfriend should be able to go through the PreCheck line also. The agent was even more insistant that he could come through, but she had to go through the regular line.

Happy Travels!

Both my work & I have pre-check (and Global Entry) and on several occasions one or the other us have been shifted over to the regular line.

Go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both my work & I have pre-check (and Global Entry) and on several occasions one or the other us have been shifted over to the regular line.

Go figure.

PreCheck is not guaranteed for every trip. It's supposedly a security feature that even pre-screened passengers may be selected to go through the full screening procedure at random.

PreCheck is not guaranteed for every trip. It's supposedly a security feature that even pre-screened passengers may be selected to go through the full screening procedure at random.

Yep. I finally had that happen a few weeks ago. Had to go thru the regular screening.

Yep. I finally had that happen a few weeks ago. Had to go thru the regular screening.

I fly through small airports from time-to-time that don't offer PreCheck at all. I keep hoping that "counts" somehow so that I can always get it in the places where I really need it! And those small airports are really thorough with everyone. I guess they're bored when there are only 4 or 5 flights a day.

They touted it on the ship so I set it up on my phone. Walked off showed it to one of the guides employed by Celebrity. The guide took us out of the line and took us over to a line behind two couples. When we got there, Mr Friendly customs agent says, "We aren't doing those today, where is your form?". I explained that they were really pushing this on the ship and the app had all the right questions down to terminal number. He just looked at me and slid a from my way. I then produced the one I had in my pocket and handed it to him along with our passports. He grunted looked at them and shooed us through.

You don't get a card for TSA PreCheck. You must make sure to enter your KTN number into the reservation when booking a flight and it will be on your boarding pass.

Those who have Global Entry get a card but it is not for use at airports. They also have a KTN number. To get TSA PreCheck that number must be put into the airline reservation. Then it will be on the boarding pass.

You can use your global entry card at airports. I use it because my drivers license isn't compliant & I hate hauling my passport with me domestically.

Also the global entry card gets you access to nexus lines & only the card.

Edited by DZalumni

You can use your global entry card at airports. I use it because my drivers license isn't compliant & I hate hauling my passport with me domestically.

Also the global entry card gets you access to nexus lines & only the card.

You are using it as ID. That is not the conversation but as far as drivers licenses for flying, all US Drivers licenses are accepted currently as ID for flying. So you don't have to use your Global Entry card or Passport. The current deadline for states becoming compliant for their drivers license being accepted under Real ID is January 22, 2018 for flying if they don't extend the deadline again.

Nexus lines are only at land crossings.

Edited by Charles4515

You are using it as ID. That is not the conversation but as far as drivers licenses for flying, all US Drivers licenses are accepted currently as ID for flying. So you don't have to use your Global Entry card or Passport. The current deadline for states becoming compliant for their drivers license being accepted under Real ID is January 22, 2018 for flying if they don't extend the deadline again.

Nexus lines are only at land crossings.

Actually the current deadline is 1/30/17 unless a state has been granted an extension

https://www.dhs.gov/current-status-states-territories

Edited by oroszdb

The deadline for flying was extended to January 22, 2018 a while ago.

I believe you but someone should tell the tsa then because they've been saying 1/30/17 very prominently in all of the papers recently and it's in big bold letters on their website

According to the tsa the following states are not complaint and do not have any extensions and the 1/30/17 date is in effect for them

The following states remain noncompliant and have not been granted a renewed extension and will be subject to REAL ID enforcement following a short grace period. Starting January 30, 2017, Federal agencies and nuclear power plants may not accept for official purposes driver’s licenses and state IDs from a noncompliant state/territory without an extension.

Kentucky

Maine

Montana

Pennsylvania

S. Carolina

Edited by oroszdb

I believe you but someone should tell the tsa then because they've been saying 1/30/17 very prominently in all of the papers recently and it's in big bold letters on their website

According to the tsa the following states are not complaint and do not have any extensions and the 1/30/17 date is in effect for them

The following states remain noncompliant and have not been granted a renewed extension and will be subject to REAL ID enforcement following a short grace period. Starting January 30, 2017, Federal agencies and nuclear power plants may not accept for official purposes driver’s licenses and state IDs from a noncompliant state/territory without an extension.

Kentucky

Maine

Montana

Pennsylvania

S. Carolina

Read this page. Rumor, I need a passport to fly domestically. What you are linking to is about other than flying.

The deadline was extended a year ago to January 2018 for flying.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-and-you-rumor-control

Edited by Charles4515