Xcelerate on Equinox?

papuchon

If you go into your Cruise Planner, you can find out how much the unlimited internet package would cost for your cruise. For our 10 day on it is $282. You'll have to let me know how fast and stable the connection is because I'm the following Equinox cruise.

The internet on our Equinox cruise in September was significantly faster than other cruises we have been on.:)

We sailed on the Equinox right at the very first day they rolled out the new Xcelerate. It had gone down one of the days but then came back up again. It was brand new at the time so we pretty much expected this. I had very good luck with it ... it was significantly faster than what I was used to for Celebrity. However, when comparing it to your system at home, you may not be able to say the same. For me, it was comparable to what I deal with at home.

I speed tested it on the Equinox in August 2016 in the Mediterranean. The download averaged 2mb and the upload was around 200kb. The speed is decent for web surfing, VOIP calls, Facetime, etc. I had to make a VOIP call in the middle of the sea that lasted over 45 minutes to the airline and it never lost connection. However, streaming movies or downloading them in HD would be a problem as it's just too slow

The best part of the Xcelerate was that the connection was stable. I didn't experience any issues with being booted off the wifi connection and having to relog back in due to the loss of connection.

However, when comparing it to your system at home, you may not be able to say the same. For me, it was comparable to what I deal with at home.

I never expected it to be as fast as home. My home download speed is 125MB and upload is 15MB. I only use my Ipad on the ship and the speed was great.:):)

We just disembarked from Equinox Monday and used the internet the entire time. The cost was $299 minus the Elite discount. The connection was stable about 95% of the time and did allow streaming of video without much buffering. It happened once or twice but that was it. Connectivity was available in our stateroom as well as pool areas, the only places we tried.

Enjoy the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Our speed as measured by speedtest was around 0.17 MB/s. I would definitely not call it high speed. It could be higher in public areas, but in my cabin, it was consistently and painfully slow.